trojans

Havok

anyone ever been hit by a trojan virus ? my 'puter has been doing weird stuff lately, stuff it doesn't normally do i.e. rebooting by self ,once or twice has this happened, drives opening, i will go to left-click an icon on desktop to start program and instead it acts as if i've right clicked....weird. plus i get mad hits on my 135 and 445 port, like over 100 in a span of minutes -- why? these things don't happen all the time though. anyone know of a good trojan scanner i can d/l ? doing a reformat on the weekend and i don't want any surprises . :wall:

thanx

shields up is at grc.com i have done multiple scans with norton ,which i always update, no infection . full stealth mode from shields up.... i don't know why my 'pute would do this stuff it's not like it happens all the time.... who knows? maybe my house is haunted :unsure: actually i just moved within the year and my 'pute didn't do this b4 ? :(

the reason i believe it's a trojan is because of multiple hits on port 135 from multiple machines suggesting either an attempt at a d.o.s (pointless as i am using my 'pute from home and am not a server or website) or other infected 'putes trying to connect 2 me 'cause i am also infected. BUT... i get none of these types of hits when i first power on my 'pute which i think i would if i had a trojan aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrghh :wall:

I would suggest getting at least a trial version of a good Trojan removal program. My suggestion would be Anti-Trojan. For some reason NAV doesn't seem to catch everything especially trojans. I scanned my comp with NAV and it came up clean, used AT and it found a trojan file and deleted it for me. Good luck. ;)

You might also want to get Ad-aware, it's a free program that scans your computer for spyware and lets you delete it.

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter

anyone ever been hit by a trojan virus ? my 'puter has been doing weird stuff lately, stuff it doesn't normally do i.e. rebooting by self ,once or twice has this happened, drives opening, i will go to left-click an icon on desktop to start program and instead it acts as if i've right clicked....weird. plus i get mad hits on my 135 and 445 port, like over 100 in a span of minutes -- why? these things don't happen all the time though. anyone know of a good trojan scanner i can d/l ? doing a reformat on the weekend and i don't want any surprises . :wall:

thanx

Sry i only just noticed this thread so im a little behind....i once had the exact same problems - comp would restart on its own with no warning, right clicking action when i clicked the left mouse button, programs going a little crazy, internet slowed down dramatically as if i was running on a pentium 75 with a 28.8 modem :wacko::angry:

But one day it just stopped and it seems to be ok now, so dunno wot happened but tis ok now. Now i've mentioned it i've prolly jinxed it and it'll start all over again :o:blink::wall: lol

i once had the exact same problems - comp would restart on its own with no warning, right clicking action when i clicked the left mouse button, programs going a little crazy, internet slowed down dramatically as if i was running on a pentium 75 with a 28.8 modem

by chance do you have a dell Velocity ? :huh: