New GRAW2 Classes

I will test tonight! I am most excited about the 300 m draw distance plus the extended enemy sight range.

I also like the idea of it mattering if your teammates get smote during the campaign.

Thanks a lot Wolfsong!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crash:

Sun Mar 09 17:26:00 2008

Crash in application version: 30621.2989

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(538): cant find member: fov_lerp_done in type <Camera>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(354)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

Crash:

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(538): cant find member: fov_lerp_done in type <Camera>

SCRIPT STACK:

Don't know what the fov_lerp_done function is (yet), but as it's in the bulletweapon.dsf I have to ask what weapon you where using when it happened?

just played ageia island wow 11 fps, first time on that map but unplayable with those fps.

This could be a bit because of the draw distance as well as the physics. :P

Just ran the m01-Search and Destroy, intentionally putting Parker on point once too often :devil: yet he was available in m02-Recon in Force. ?

(v1.5.2 Alpha intact-bundled in /mods) XP-Pro

____

Suggestions; since sb_global.xml is being appended with the mod...

<var name="skip_intro" type="boolean" default="true"/> <!-- Set this to true to never see the intro before the main menu -->
And for those whose systems can cope with it... ageia_bonus_mission.xml (v1.05)
		<briefing text_id="ageia_bonus_mission" max_ghosts="4" map_texture="/data/textures/atlas_gui/mission_gfx/briefing_map_ageia" >

Crash:

SCRIPT STACK:

Don't know what the fov_lerp_done function is (yet), but as it's in the bulletweapon.dsf I have to ask what weapon you where using when it happened?

just played ageia island wow 11 fps, first time on that map but unplayable with those fps.

This could be a bit because of the draw distance as well as the physics. :P

About the weapon, the answer is whatever. None weapon is working, everytime I choose a weapon the game crashes.

About the weapon, the answer is whatever. None weapon is working, everytime I choose a weapon the game crashes.

Then I don't think it's this mod as it never happens for me. Do you have 1.05 patch installed?

Just ran the m01-Search and Destroy, intentionally putting Parker on point once too often :devil: yet he was available in m02-Recon in Force. ?

Did he actually die on you?

Suggestions; since sb_global.xml is being appended with the mod...

<var name="skip_intro" type="boolean" default="true"/> <!-- Set this to true to never see the intro before the main menu -->
And for those whose systems can cope with it... ageia_bonus_mission.xml (v1.05)
		<briefing text_id="ageia_bonus_mission" max_ghosts="4" map_texture="/data/textures/atlas_gui/mission_gfx/briefing_map_ageia" >

Good points.

Custom maps should work.

There could be a problem is a custom map bundle has a new file with the same name as one in this mod, as custom map bundles are not allowed to override and as such are not allowed by the engine to contain any files that exists in the other bundles (and I think it's not allowed to find it in the local folder either).

extended_Mod, actually, crashs with my custom map.

The custom map contain this file:

levels:

the_sniper_city_loadscreen.dds

the_sniper_city_minimap.dds

environments.xml

mission.xml

texture_scope.xml

unit_list.xml

world.xml

world_info.xml

ambient_cubes.bin

massunit.bin

textures folder contains lightmaps, sil and cubemaps folder with, inside, cube.tga.

Why the mod crashes??

Thanks wolf :)

Edited by SG.NLY_P@po

Custom maps should work.

There could be a problem is a custom map bundle has a new file with the same name as one in this mod, as custom map bundles are not allowed to override and as such are not allowed by the engine to contain any files that exists in the other bundles (and I think it's not allowed to find it in the local folder either).

levels:

environments.xml

mission.xml

texture_scope.xml

unit_list.xml

world.xml

world_info.xml

ambient_cubes.bin

massunit.bin

textures folder contains lightmaps, sil and cubemaps folder with, inside, cube.tga.

Why the mod crashes??

You got any crash message?

Wolfsong, thanks for all your work on this mod. I am singleplayer only ( due to excessive ping times, I live in a rural area of Australia) and its nice to have the extra team members. Draw distance for me seems fine, No problems Just to let you know this mod is working well with Shadows Realism and HUD mod also installed

Keep up the good work

Did he actually die on you?

Yes - well, incapacitated :D . Unfortunately, I forgot to pull the mission**.dsls' out of \Settings\profiles\myprofile\savegames.

The death penalty works well as long as you start a new campaign. :thumbsup:

Edited by NoQuarter

Custom maps should work.

levels:

environments.xml

mission.xml

texture_scope.xml

unit_list.xml

world.xml

world_info.xml

ambient_cubes.bin

massunit.bin

Why the mod crashes??

You got any crash message?

Yes,

the error message is this:

Sun Mar 09 20:07:59 2008

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

[TextureDB] Set atlas_gui is both dynamically and statically scoped

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\utils\worldinfo.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

hmmm... like I wrote a few pages ago there is the possibility that it won't work the way I have planed it due to game mode limitations. It's impossible to fix unless I have two machines in the same room and connect them over LAN to do some testing to track it down. but, also like I wrote back then, if it can't be fixed, any suggestions how to otherwise balance out those classes that have less firepower then the rest? Or maybe they should simply be removed?

Hi Grin,

I have your Alpha mod working well. Wish it'd be compatible with Brettzies 1.41 weapons mod. All well, can't have everything. One question though: I'm running 2 GB of RAM on XP MCE and when I created the MP Online Campaign Server to play the Aegia Island mission with myself and the 6 AI, the game runs sluggishly. I've got an 8800GTX w/768MB of RAM for graphics. Is it because I don't have the PhisX card that that mission runs sluggish? Or is it just due to it being an Alpha version of your mod?

Looks great!

Eric

One question though: I'm running 2 GB of RAM on XP MCE and when I created the MP Online Campaign Server to play the Aegia Island mission with myself and the 6 AI, the game runs sluggishly. I've got an 8800GTX w/768MB of RAM for graphics. Is it because I don't have the PhisX card that that mission runs sluggish? Or is it just due to it being an Alpha version of your mod?

I think it's a combination of draw distance and physics. That level was never built to be played without a physics card.

The death penalty works well as long as you start a new campaign. :thumbsup:

Yes, I guess it would have to played as a new campaign.

Ah... that one. It happens sometime. Haven't figured out fully why yet.

What I've done is add the atlas_gui to be preloaded, but sometimes it has loaded parts of it in before it gets preloaded for some reason... Doesn't happen often for me and usually works fine if I just restart the game again, but sometimes it still happens. Gonna take a closer look at it after I'm done with cleaning up the level graphics.

I just tried your mod and I really like what I see (except a few minor fps hickups every now and then due to the increased drawdistance of the higher LODs).

I remember reading you might set the drawdistance down to somewhere between the current and default values which is probably spot on.

+Adds G36K and G36C to SP load out, with fixed kit icons.

Can you please let me know how you fixed that?

I'm trying to see what you've done but that one is beyond my brain. I'd like to add that fix to my humble realism-mod. :)

I don't think I did anything in the texture for it, just fixed the coordinates for the weapon kit icon. Look for the G36 in the XML files inside data/gui of the mod. It's just 2 or 3 I think.

Thanks for the help.

You created a missing definition for the G36_Compact in briefing.xml and fixed the coords in gui_screen_kit.xml.

I found a small solution for this on my maps, and I tested with wolfsong extended patch and is working perfect.

Yes,

the error message is this:

Sun Mar 09 20:07:59 2008

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\utils\worldinfo.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal

On texture_scope.xml I just delete this sentence.

<texture_set name="atlas_gui"/>

But i have to add the texture for this on other folder inside of my texture map tree.

This is a small part of my port_orion bundler log.

textures/

custom_levels/

port_orion/

mp_cubes/

cube.dds

cube_water.dds

hud.dds

hud_avr.dds

tdb_texture_set.xmb

tdb_texture_set.xml

The files hud.dds and hud_avr.dds are the most important file of atlas_gui. This fix my missing icons on my display and let me run the wolfsong extended patch perfect with customs maps.

We are waiting for this extended patch on EBDA. Thx and i hope this fix all the problems for the most great customs maps.

See ya soon.

P.D. This fix is for multiplayer maps.I tested on Tdm,HH,S,RvsA modes. Not sure if this works on Coop and [GR] maps.

When the final version comes out and the mod is ready to download and install like a Beta version, then I will download it.

Let me know when there is a final Beta to download!

Big thanks to you Wolfsong for your great work!

You make the game more alive and more fun to play :)

Edited by NoFears

On texture_scope.xml I just delete this sentence.

<texture_set name="atlas_gui"/>

But i have to add the texture for this on other folder inside of my texture map tree.

This is a small part of my port_orion bundler log.

textures/

custom_levels/

port_orion/

mp_cubes/

cube.dds

cube_water.dds

hud.dds

hud_avr.dds

tdb_texture_set.xmb

tdb_texture_set.xml

The files hud.dds and hud_avr.dds are the most important file of atlas_gui. This fix my missing icons on my display and let me run the wolfsong extended patch perfect with customs maps.

We are waiting for this extended patch on EBDA. Thx and i hope this fix all the problems for the most great customs maps.

See ya soon.

Where canI take hud.dds and hud_avr.dds files?

Wolfsong, you ROCK!

My group was going to be playing Vegas 2 for my birthday LAN party but the damn thing got delayed again to mid April. Your mod is going to save the day! I've been looking for a reason to jump back into GRAW2 and this is it. I'd love to see Bretzies mod be compatible with your final build and I'll try to give a report as to the LAN party results.

Don't listen to the haters, I've been on many boards for many games and you Grin guys have gone the distance with supporting the community.

I got a direct2drive version wolfsong. I placed everything as it was supposed to be according to the text file.

the mod does not work for me

:blink:

It's supposed to work the same as it's the same game...

What happens? Grin hasn't been involved in the D2D stuff so I have no idea what UBI may have done to it. :P