New GRAW2 Classes

Done some more tests now. There are no XMB files generated by either the quick, patch nor mod bundles. Neither are XMB files generated by using mods in local folders. And everything in the mod still works fine on my PC... strange. Played through M09 and half of Retrieve without any problems (quit and didn't crash after that).

Somehow I don't think it's an XP or Vista problem anymore.

What does your GRAW2 init_game.xml look like?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have it anywhere? It's a list of the bundles to use, kind of.

Just to make sure that I haven't been in and changing something, what does the line look like in your context XML?

<!-- Set all compile flags to false when running bundled version -->

<compile xml="false" texture_db="false" mopps="false" scripts="false" />

You don't have it anywhere? It's a list of the bundles to use, kind of.

Just to make sure that I haven't been in and changing something, what does the line look like in your context XML?

Nope, nowhere. Searched my whole hard drive again with the string "init_game.*" and nothing was found.

My context.xml has exactly the same text for that line...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<context>

<script base="data" exec="Menu/Menu" editor="false" language="english"/>

<!-- <threaded_renderer value="false"/> -->

<layer_config file="\data\settings\layers.xml"/>

<scene_config file="\data\settings\scenes.xml"/>

<unit_database file="\data\units.xml"/>

<sound settings="/data/sound/settings.xml" />

<network settings="/data/settings/network.xml" />

<static_texture_scope file="\data\settings\static_texture_scope.xml"/>

<skeleton_def file="\data\objects\def.xml"/>

<animations def="\data\anims\anims.xml" state_machine="\data\anims\state_machines.xml"/>

<texture base="\data\textures" />

<effects file="\data\effects\effects.xml"/>

<decals file="\data\effects\decals\decals.xml"/>

<!--<keys disable_windows_key="false" />-->

<default_shader_config file="\data\shader\default_shader_config.xml"/>

<default_render_templates file="\data\shader\default_render_templates.xml"/>

<physics settings="\data\settings\physics_settings.xml" fps="60" physx_effects="hardware_or_disabled" multithreaded="true" />

<global_materials file="\data\settings\materials.xml" />

<gui file="\data\gui" optimized="true"/>

<camera shakes="\data\settings\camera_effects.xml" cameras="\data\settings\camera_settings.xml" />

<bundler make_logs="false" />

<nls_lookup size="64"/>	

<installer use="false"/>

<calc_video_mem_adjust value="false"/>

<advertisements value="true"/>

</context>

LAN Only- CoOp Retrieve, on entry to map

Fri Feb 15 05:54:28 2008

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

[TextureDB] Set atlas_gui is both dynamically and statically scoped

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\utils\worldinfo.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

As I guessed, I don't get this crash either. I was a bit too obvious so I shouldn't have missed it as I got that on another map while testing and fixed that.

Hmmm... I got this today.

I started the game and ran Coop_Retrieve without any problems. Quit the game with Alt+F4 and started it again and tried to start Coop_Retrieve. Then I got this crash. I think it's because I didn't quit the game right, and started it directly again, so it was still in the memory. I know how to fix this, even though that also removes the preload fix I did which now creates this bug.

This is also required by the server host as well.....right?

Is this only for mission and coop play..mp and single?

It can be used for everything. It does stuff everywhere.

Some people are having problems with it though.

It does work in local folder override as well, but then MP servers can't use it with anti-cheat on.

For any type of MP play, the server needs this bundle and needs to start with the correct context XML, yes.

Works fine here.

The AI need fixing again, I am now able to walk straight up to them in full stance, and they don`t even know i am there.

Map: Co-op retrieve

Mod: New GRAW2 Classes activated.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/fileman/users/ti.../001-test-a.jpg

:thumbsup:

I noticed that in Coop yesterday. Don't know why because in SP they still work. I know Coop has some special stuff for the AI, so I guess those freak out when the AI settings get to high.

SP-M03 Welcome to Juaréz -In warehouse stairwell entrance to underground complex. Repetitive.

Sun Feb 17 14:05:47 2008

data\lib\units\types\weapons\multigrenadeweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: player_data in type <void>

Related to the M32 spawn?

SP-M03 Welcome to Juaréz -In warehouse stairwell entrance to underground complex. Repetitive.

Sun Feb 17 14:05:47 2008

data\lib\units\types\weapons\multigrenadeweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: player_data in type <void>

Related to the M32 spawn?

Is the M32 unlocked in M03?

Anyhow, I didn't do anything with the M32 besides fixing a material assignment to the grenades. So I find it very unlikely that it has to do with my mod.

Now that I think about it I may have missed to fix the arming distance on those if they don't use the same round as the GLs. But I think they use the same one so it should be ok.

Edit: Checked and the M32 is not unlocked in M03. And I don't think the enemy ever uses it either, so not sure what it is. Do they have stationary MGL on M03 maybe... not sure. Still probably not caused by this mod though.

^

The M32 is unlocked in this mission by objective (it's a easter egg laying in one of the rooms closets)

<event name="e_objb1g_foe_spawn_a">

<element type="ActivateGroup" group_id="objb1g_foe" start_time=".1"/>	

<element type="StopTrigger" name="t_objb1g_foe_spawn_b" start_time=".1"/>

<element type="Actor" actor="m03_hidden_bunker" start_time="1"/>

<element type="Composition" id="mortar_raid_far" start_time="40"/>

<element type="Composition" id="mortar_sound" start_time="2"/>

<element type="CreateUnit" weapon="m32" spare_clips="6" pos="11215 -4991 -109" yaw_pitch_roll="0 0 90" />

</event>

(\mission03\mission.xml)

I did not run the mission in 1.05(raw) yet...but will do.

EDIT: It's a error w/v1.05 and not your mod.

Edited by NoQuarter

Wolfsong, I was just playing a single player campaign with your mod and it crashed with this error:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "HUME_m04"

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Edited by Faceman

^

Same here, only a few more...all occuring once you select "Play Mission". (ext1.5.1 only)

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "HUME_m04"...

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "BROWN_m05"...

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "JENKINS_m06"...

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "BROWN_m08"...

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "HUME_m09"...

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "HUME_m10"

____

Has any tried pulling this out of \mods and into \Local\English to check if the .xmb hangup continues?

Hi Wolf.

I note you have just released your classes mod for GRAW 2 on the ghostrecon.net site and i have downloaded it just now.

Just for us numptys that dont do modding and just play the games, can you advise us how to install the mod please ?

You have a bundle file, a batch file and a context file in the pack. Where do these go ?

Thanks for your advice.

CJ

Hi Wolf.

I note you have just released your classes mod for GRAW 2 on the ghostrecon.net site and i have downloaded it just now.

Just for us numptys that dont do modding and just play the games, can you advise us how to install the mod please ?

You have a bundle file, a batch file and a context file in the pack. Where do these go ?

Thanks for your advice.

CJ

Just unrar it in your GRAW2 folder and run the bat file.

Remember that it's just an alpha test, to check the balance of all the kits. There are no restrictions of any kind so far as the kits may change for the final release.

^

Same here, only a few more...all occuring once you select "Play Mission". (ext1.5.1 only)

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "BROWN_m05"...

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "JENKINS_m06"...

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "BROWN_m08"...

____

Has any tried pulling this out of \mods and into \Local\English to check if the .xmb hangup continues?

This is a strange one. It's again for some reason that it's not using the files in the bundle. But people say the don't have any XMB files, so I'm blank. I got that when I had XMB files and I cleaned them and it worked.

It should work in the local folder.

^

____

Nice one! I gave that a go (unbundling and putting it in the local folder) and presto! The mod works perfectly. I tested both SP and MP and (A) I no longer get the crashes about missing soldier templates and (B) in MP CoOp I can see AND SELECT the new classes.

I dunno why, but for some reason running the mod as bundle with the provided batch file doesn't work in XP Wolfsong. If anyone else (Rocky) is having the same problems, try unbundling it and running the mod "old-school" style. Cheers :)

Another thing I would like to test. Could someone who has had problems and not yet unbundled it into a local folder, try to simply rename the bundle inside the mods folder to mod.bundle. Then try and start the game as normal, and not by using the mod bat file.

I know it works in the local folder as everything works in the local folder. But it's a bad way of handling mods and it won't work with the anti-cheat system on.

rash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\managers\groupmanager.dsf(-1): No soldier template named "RAMIREZ_m02"

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypecampaign.dsf(0)

data\lib\script_network\networkmanager.dsf(0)

data\level\level.dsf(0)

Can't play mission 2

...try to simply rename the bundle inside the mods folder to mod.bundle. Then try and start the game as normal...
No luck. Just renamed the bundle and had the same result.

Could the problem be that the /mods directory contents (by rule) are dependent on any solo .xmb files contained in the latest patch, and that those contained in Local\English are not?

(XP-Pro)