"Client out of Sync" [on map change]

You are correct mainly happens in OS connections.............not in local.

But got to go where the people are huh.

Need more people to play.

No it's not depending of your connection - example I had this error every time when map changed and my ping was all the time around 90. Server was, If I remember correctly, RvA EUR 7.

Something that is very annoying in MP is when the maps change, it comes up with an error message that the client is out of Sync hopefully this is something that is being looked at for the next patch. :wall::hmm:

Arachnid,

Do you recall which mode you were playing? was it coop? or campaign coop? or TDM? etc

I ask becuase there is a bug assocaited with the internet campaign coop (and possibly others) where the server is only intermittently visible and only to certainpeople. I am wondering if, when the map changes, you are hit with this bug where you suddenly cannot see the server you previously were able to see.....

And this bug has nothng to do with ping....

Edited by Sleepdoc

I have only see it so far in C0-op with ping around 200 but a friend I was playing with on a local server was getting it on friday night with a ping on 40-50 but I had no problem.

It happens after the map has changed & the new map is starting & yes there a instances where you have to refresh several times to find the server local & OS.

Edited by Aracnid

This is fairly common on coop dedicated, during the map changes, no matter what the ping is. Doesn't happen as often in the other game modes, it seems.

I had this error as I already pointed, on RvA EUR 7 server. And several other players complained the same.

2 things have helped me with CoS's.

1) making sure our coop server's network speed setting was lowered from the default 3000 max. This did ALOT to stabilize our server and eliminated the mass CoS's that emptied the server.

2) disable ANY overclocking software or settings on the CPU. I had continual CoS's until is disabled the Asus AI booster that would dynamically OC the cpu. This was included with my motherboard and has produced good results for me in the past. However if I left it running and attempted to play it would give me CoS's at every single map change - even on our server where my ping averages 60-70ms.

I would suggest anyone still having CoS's to please join a server you know has an appropriate network settings where others aren't getting CoS's. Then disable any overclocking or stop any programs that dynamically OC your system like the one I mentioned above. This should help alot of people.

1) making sure our coop server's network speed setting was lowered from the default 3000 max. This did ALOT to stabilize our server and eliminated the mass CoS's that emptied the server.

Cool, Glad that worked for you. Can you post the # you used and your server / connection specs?

It maybe a good reference for others.

Thanks for the tips!

Our server seems to be set at the right speed. The only thing "overclocked" on the two new PCs we built is the OCZ DDR2 800 RAM.

If detected by SPD on our Abit IP35-E, it comes in at 667 instead of 800 MHz. OCZ said to set the voltage to 2.1 and manually time the RAM (if you have a mobo that doesn't detect it by SPD). Closest we can get to 800 is 816. Guess that's why they call it Overclockers, cause ya have to overclock it to run at it's rated speed? :lol:

Oh well, guess we can try it at 667 MHz. If that's the cause, that crap is going back to Frys. <_<