Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Papa6

IS hosting really worth the trouble?

GRAW2 has a high need of an excellent download/upload speeds to host decent games. I've noticed alot of lag even on official servers and see that dedicated servers are going to be in short supply if good servers are hard to find.

GRAW2 has a high need of an excellent download/upload speeds to host decent games. I've noticed alot of lag even on official servers and see that dedicated servers are going to be in short supply if good servers are hard to find.

strange ive had very very minimal lag.... must be your connection

Same here, I very rarely notice any significant lag unless I am trying to play on a Euro server. I've played on official and non-official ones with very little if any lag. I just try to join servers with a ping less than 150.

yes but chatting with my teammates lastnight i wanted to host and was told GRAW2 requires a great down stream and up stream speeds

I think one of the key things is finding the correct network speed if you are going to host a server based on your connection performance.

All I can say is try it and use 512, 1024, or 2046 but NOT 3000. See which is going to give you the best performance. We are hosting a coop server at 2046 on a dedicated hosted cpu and it's performance seems very good. Once I found the sweet spot the lag became minimal and the client sync have virtually completely disappeared.

our dedi is in the uk and i havent seen anyone moan about lag even a friend of ours who plays most nights and he is in south africa.

been playing on bda's server over the past few days and no lag there and theres is in the usa i believe.

and i have a naff uk 4meg connection

our dedi is in the uk and i havent seen anyone moan about lag even a friend of ours who plays most nights and he is in south africa.

Which server is that? I live in South Africa and haven't been brave enough to try any international servers... I just assumed the lag would suck.

--{B:P:R}-- Dedi Server 2 panic mechanic is the other guy from sa that plays on there.

Aaah, I know that name <_< ... if my memory serves me correctly, he was an avid [GR] player.

And thanks for the server name, you might very well bump into a brand new target soon.

It's a good server, had alot of fun on Sathurday, mostly populated by clan-folks (experienced players) fast pace, tactical and alot of fun.....

Off course when we have oud dedi up it will be better...lol

I hope we don't get the same scenario as with GRAW1 that every clan had their on server and most people only played on their clanserver, don't be shy brotha's there's more to explore, I play on other clans servers even when ours is up sometimes..... change of spice leads to more eating (dotch proverb freely translated....)

^^^ and the wife will complain you don't eat home no more^^^

Edited by sui317