Bugs, Annoyances, & Requests

Lastly, Ghillie suits have nothing to do with noobs or camping. I am entitled to enjoy playing the game my way just as you are entitled to playing the game your way. I enjoy hunting, sitting and waiting. Ghillie suits make it harder for my prey to see me. Ghillie suits are also worn by military snipers, are they noob campers?

so basically you want an EXTRA advantage over someone who shouldn't be able to see you in the first place :blink:

theres plenty of bushes around choose one, you shouldn't be able to bring your own bush anymore then I should be able to bring a tank or call in an artillery strike to take you out.

If there was player customization then yes you'd have grounds to argue with, but so far there is no advantage over one class to the next with the same Armor we are all wearing...

the only reason why you're arguing is because you want an additional advantage over someone else, too bad its called being Fair, you and me both look alike....don't like it, well tough ____. they flanked you and you hid poorly.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lastly, Ghillie suits have nothing to do with noobs or camping. I am entitled to enjoy playing the game my way just as you are entitled to playing the game your way. I enjoy hunting, sitting and waiting. Ghillie suits make it harder for my prey to see me. Ghillie suits are also worn by military snipers, are they noob campers?

so basically you want an EXTRA advantage over someone who shouldn't be able to see you in the first place :blink:

theres plenty of bushes around choose one, you shouldn't be able to bring your own bush anymore then I should be able to bring a tank or call in an artillery strike to take you out.

That's exactly what snipers do, bring their own bush :rofl: The ghillie was in GR1 and there's no reason for it not to be in GRAW, it's ommision is a minus point for realism in GRAW 2. Bring back the gillie!! And while you are at it, bring back the limp! But that's another thread. :pirate:

Seriously though bangurdead, it's not an unfair advantage, it's balanced gameplay.

I hope they do bring back the Limp, that's not till patch 1.4 though right?

As Rocky said, Ghillie's were in [GR], they should be in GRAW2. And they are, as someone found out, you just need an Ageia PX card to use them in SP. Perhaps there is some type of Ghillie suit model that can be designed for snipers in MP?

A sniper's only defense is stealth. The sniper rifle is not a defensive weapon, it's an offensive weapon. The ghillie suit is needed in GRAW2 because it a) was in [GR], b) gives the sniper a defense, c) adds to realism.

The GRAW2 pistol accuracy is in no way realistic. If these guys are Special Forces, then they know how to shoot a pistol. The Beretta, Glock, and HK are all capable of < 8moa accuracy @ 25m. To be kneeling or prone, and completely miss a tree as wide as a man at 10m? That's bad.

It's you. I've seen some guys with the pistol who are darn good at it. Practice.

To answer your questions about sniping, you try shooting a moving target in the head in this game, it's not easy, maybe it's just the fact that I've only played 2 days

Thats what the problem is. I usually take a rifleman kit and I can hit moving targets across the map w/a headshot. More often than not.

I don't know, but if I only have a second, I will shoot at the biggest target - the center of mass. By the way, 7.62x51mm FMJ will easily penetrate up to level IIIa body armor. For me to have to shoot 3 times in the chest to kill someone at 10m with a .30 caliber round, the Ghosts must be wearing lvl III or IV armor. But in that case, 5.56mm ammo shouldn't be penetrating very well, if at all. It takes me 3 shots with the M416/SCAR L (both 5.56) and 3 shots with the M14/SCAR H (both 7.62) to kill with a chest shot at 10m. So what kinda armor are the Ghosts wearing?

If we assume they're wearing the latest body armor then it's Interceptor armor like what's being issued. That armor will stop .30 cal rounds, period. I just read an article on it and it's amazing. Then you couple that with the ceramic/boron plates that are now being developed and it's entirely realistic that it takes 3 shots to penetrate the armor. One of ours is a Ranger and he said that their armor will take 3/4 AK rounds.

If you can't take the headshot then that's on you High Ground. It's your choice to shoot where you like but now that you know the consequences maybe you'll practice on the head shots.

Ghillie suits are also worn by military snipers, are they noob campers?

And Ghillie suits aren't used by fast reaction groups like the Ghosts. By all means play the game the way you like, but don't ask to have it made easier for you. IMHO the sniper kit is too ez. I can routinely get 20+ kills a drop w/the sniper kit. Most are head shots.

And if you are a ghost, he'll spring right back up again! Discovered that last night while fooling around at insert. :huh:

We're speaking of m/p here, of course. :D

the only reason why you're arguing is because you want an additional advantage over someone else, too bad its called being Fair, you and me both look alike....don't like it, well tough ____. they flanked you and you hid poorly.

Exactly! He wants an advantage. Rocky, since [GR] was released military units and how they operate have changed. What the devs foresaw for how small units like this operate isn't the case any more. They're fast reaction units that are equipped with sniper type rifles but they don't have dedicated snipers any more. They need to have a soldier with sniper type skills but with a different weapon that can be used in a fast reaction type situation.

Ghillie suits would unbalance the sniper kit tremendously for m/p. Additionally, the rets and shouldering the rifle need to be slowed down for the sniper rifles. It's not even close to being realistic. And pistols need to come up faster.

Edited by ruggbutt

But there is a Ghillie in COD4. so doesn't that mean it's realistic?

ba dum bum. (thats the sound of the turd dropping into the punch bowl just before the long silence)

It was a "takes no sides" joke guys. Just trying to lighten things up. Please don't beat me up.

:)

Edited by Sleepdoc

Rugg,

If you want, we can jump in a server together, and I will watch you try to hit a tree with a pistol, every time you shoot at it @ 10m. You are going to miss.

I will also let you practice shooting me in the head, across the map, with rifle sights, while I'm running. I would love to see you do it.

The Ghosts are a ficticious group, they can be whatever Tom Clancy or GRIN wants them to be. In the [GR], the Snipers had Ghillie suits.

The GRAW2 unit is designated Sniper, he carries a Sniper rifle and should be able to wear a Ghillie suit in rural terrain and normal BDU's in Urban terrain. The "fast reaction Ghosts" you're talking about were in GRAW1, their "snipers" were simply rifleman using special equipment, aka Marksman. These are the slower-paced [GR] style Ghosts in GRAW2. They consist of a Demolitions EXPERT, an Assault EXPERT, a Rifleman aka Marksman, a Support Weapons EXPERT, and a REAL Sniper, fresh out of Quantico no doubt. He knows his weapon and he wears a Ghillie suit when needed.

Your last comment about Sniper rifles in the game and Ghillie suits is just uneducated. But then, we all know how much you hate Snipers aka "campers" aka "n00bz" whatever you want to call us.

Edited by HighGround

SP & LAN Co-Op:

Bug. Occasionally if you have a cover arc assigned to a teammate and he is then incapacitated his cover areas rainbow still displays on your HUD (switching views, toggling the Tac-Map, ALT-TAB doesn't resolve it).

SP:

Consider this an annoyance (although is doesn't affect gameplay) ...in "The Price of Peace" there is a chopper that comes in to evac the journalist, problem is, it has no pilots or crew. Now while that may explain why it was so easily shot down, it brings up the question...what was "Get Me Rosen" all about? :whistle:

Edited by NoQuarter

5. Maybe add an option in the server to turn on enemy red dots on map when spotted in your LOS as in [GR]??

Now that I read the list again, this should already be in the game but it's only available in modes where tagging is allowed as only characters who are tagged show on the minimap (friendly or hostile), and when they are in your LOS they get tagged.

SP & LAN Co-Op:

Bug. Occasionally if you have a cover arc assigned to a teammate and he is then incapacitated his cover areas rainbow still displays on your HUD (switching views, toggling the Tac-Map, ALT-TAB doesn't resolve it).

Noted.

One thing I have noticed people are leaving out. If you're running a vid card that isn't top-of-the-line, and you average around 30fps, it's extreemly hard to get a headshot with anything, espically a moving target. Those fps drop by half when you scope in with a sniper rifle. And don't tell me to get a new vid card. I'm tired of people saying that. Some can't afford that much on top of a $50 game.

Now we all can argue about body armor and all this crap all day long. I've had to shoot 3 people with a M14 in the neck before they went down. There is no armor around the neck, unless you want to count that cheezy flak-suit neck protector they give. The plate that covers your chest and back really isn't that big at all actually. Ghillie suits would give snipers an advantage, and I think its a needed feature of the game, if only to help someone out who has slow frames.

If you're running a vid card that isn't top-of-the-line, and you average around 30fps,

Several things: Don't play in 32 man servers. Your FPS will be higher. Second, limited spawn games also give you higher FPS.

Ghillie suits would give snipers an advantage, and I think its a needed feature of the game, if only to help someone out who has slow frames.

You're gonna have to buy the higher priced equipment if you wanna play the newest games out there. I remember when GR first came out people thought that 64mb vid card was too expensive, they expected to play it on their dated machines. It's very simple, you can't expect to play GRAW2 on a 486dx/66 can you? If you expect better frames you gotta spend the dollars. I know you don't like to hear that but that's the fact, Jack. ;)

Would agree with Highground on the ease of hitting what you are aiming at.

HG said he's been at it for 2 days. That's not enuf time to be proficient.

It is taking me longer to get the "feel" of these weapons. What adjustments can be made? Am I taking too much time aiming?

First off, get used to single shot. The gun is much more accurate when fired rapid fire in single shot mode. Any of the guns. Then you have some guns that are better than others in full auto fire. I use different guns for different maps but I've found that I'm not too handicapped when I make a concerted effort to head shoot. I've been smacking running targets all night with headshots. Practice!

Edited by ruggbutt

No problems with pistols here. Close range the G18 will drop anything as long as i bring the sights up.

What i have noticed though...

At all range with primary... single shot is easy to get head shots. At medium to far, with bursts or auto it takes multiple hits even though some look like head shots.

Close range burst or auto works with sights up.

Hip shots are luck most of the time or VERY many full auto or burst shots (which i like)

i dont know if it's been mentioned already, but i'd like to have a counter which indicates after wihich time mortars, arti and air support become available again after calling in a strike.

theres only a circling blue symbol which only tells me, that mortars/arti/air support is/are unavailable for the moment and a narcom-message that they're available after some time.

SP

Don't really know how to classify it. In "The Long Walk" the patrolling pickup (mid point of the hill) is scripted for C-4 placement. You can arm and activate it just as if it were an objective.

Now if only the OpFor AI were more responsive to fire it would come in handy, as a distraction.

A little audio glitch, not sure if it was covered but I did a decent checkthrough of this thread so if this was covered in another thread then forgive me.

Sometimes when someone's talking via the Narcom, or whatever it is (on the upper-right section of the cross-cam), there's no voice over. It's kinda annoying if you ask me and if it's something on the game's end I'd like for it to be fixed.

System Specs (incase it may be something on my end)

Brandname: Dell Precision 360

CPU: Pentium 4 3.0 GHz NW

Mobo: Dell Computer Corp. OW2563

Optical Drive: DVD/CDr drive

1 GIG of RAM. (333 MHz as shown in BIOS)

GPU: 256 MB GDDR3 Radeon X700 Pro AGP

PSU: a Dell 250w PSU (Dell site said it was at least 300w, but at least I'm not getting any power related problems)

Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Live

Hard Drive: 400 GB Seagate

Monitor: NEC LCD 72v

Performence isn't really an issue here btw, so don't worry about that. ;) Also, I have Audio set to "Generic Hardware", so would setting it to "Generic Software" serve as a temporary work-around until this problem's fixed? (if indeed it is due to a bug and not due to my hardware)

P.S. I tend to have the Commit Charge at around 240m, but seeing as this is the home PC and not my own I'm afraid I can't really do a clean boot nor tweak it anymore than I have.

Most of what I've noticed needing a fix has been mentioned already. I do have a couple things I didn't see in this thread yet (or simply missed) :

• Slow down the AI turn response. Or at least have it match the visual we are presented in the game... Many times I've snuck up behind a lone bad guy and shot (at) him, only to be shot in return. Okay, that's to be expected if the guy was alert... but if he fires and I can see his weapon is still pointed 90-degrees away from me, how is it that I'm hit?

Dedicated server console access. Both local and remote. I can run a server on the machine two feet away from me, but I have to load the game on another machine and join the server's game in order to do any server manipulation (example : change MOTD -which doesn't appear to work in any case without editing the server config file, it doesn't appear to change when viewed on the server details link when changed from in-game; ).

Log files! (that's been beaten to death in many threads, but it should be included here)

Server status and player status scripts that work. This should -IMO- be part of any game offering multiplayer support... a large percentage of multiplayer game players like to see their accumulated stats displayed on their favorite server's web site.

I'm sure I have more, but the coffee hasn't kicked in yet...

Here's another bug I noticed - added it to my original post

Everytime (It's happened at least 12 times) I launch a nade at someone's feet, and they shoot me at the same time, my nade explodes and I die, but they don't die? I have no problem trading off (killing/being killed simultaneously) when I am using bullets, but not when I am using nades and they are using bullets.

Another request:

Please allow us to see the kill spam when we die, we can see chat, but not kill spam. I'd like to know if I killed someone right before I died.

Thanks

Edited by HighGround

Bugs: 1) In the quarry mission, I plant C4 on an arty piece, blow it and a track wheel bounces down the hillside. I wander up to the wheel and look at it and the C4 placement widget appears on it.

2) Mission 10, inside the bunker (haven't tried it elsewhere yet) after having picked up a G36, saved the game before going down a level. Had 8 rounds left in the mag, fired, reloaded and died. I reloaded the save game and looked down, an empty clip was on the floor. I repeated the action: fired off last rounds, reloaded, died. Reload save game, now there's 2 mags on the ground. Did it again, three mags.

Bug Report

Crash in application version: 30292.2673

data\lib\script_network\networkdamage.dsf(-1): cant find member: _weapon in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\units\extensions\humandamage.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I was on Arroyo, using M416 w/scope about to fire the weapon at enemy , game crashed. Roco was still in the server and said it reported "Altered Game Files" when I dropped.

I wish for being able to command human players in Lan Campaign Mode and Online Campaign mode, Thats a super duper massive dissapointment for me.

That you cant hand out orders or anything in GRAW 2 while playing (reall coop) like you could in GRAW 1, Massive disapointment, Ive talked with alot of ppl ive played with on Reall Coop (the campaign mode) and they want it aswell, It makes the game so much more annoying to play and harder when you cant give commands to them but you can to AI. Is this going to be added in?? Dieing to see this introduced as in GRAW 1.

6. Everytime (It's happened at least 12 times) I launch a nade at someone's feet, and they shoot me at the same time, my nade explodes and I die, but they don't die? I have no problem trading off (killing/being killed simultaneously) when I am using bullets, but not when I am using nades and they are using bullets.

I don't even think the range safety fuses are working for grenade launchers. You should never be able to blow yourself up with a launched grenade if the safety fuses are working.

I think some has to take a closer look at this to see if the grenades are actually arming at the proper distances.