Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bwana

how about a REAL multiplayer mode?

In Sp and MP campaign mode, you have enemy AI as well as team AI. In TDM, there is no AI. Clearly in TDM there is far less CPU stress because you dont need to do any AI calculations. (Hence, you can farm out MP mode development to another studio. You can always add a little dumb AI later with the remaining CPU cycles.)

But imagine if there was a game mode where the enemy AI only existed, and no friendly AI. For those of us who play in teams against the AI, this is where it's at. (We dont care for TDM because the other humans run 'n gun-the other players have careless disregard for 'life' because they respawn?)

Enemy AI could be smarter (more CPU cycles thrown at them since the friendlies dont need it) Enemy AI could come in a few flavors- standard infantry (predictable and methodical, loud weps, standard tactics), special forces (unpredictable and different firepower - silenced weps, more C4/frag action), or even terrorist mode (where the AI charge you and blow up).

Changing the difficulty mode is not what I'm asking- I think that simply affects the number of enemy AI and the damage model. I want to see different AI behaviors (maybe modeled on different opfors as described above). :unsure:

Try using the player vs player MP option. Much more challenging.

Edited by YreDeAD

Doesn't the COOP (not Campaign COOP) do this already, or am I misunderstanding your point?

Doesn't the COOP (not Campaign COOP) do this already, or am I misunderstanding your point?

Yes it does.

Try using the player vs player MP option. Much more challenging.

do you mean team deathmatch? that's not what i mean.

Yes it does.

how does coop allow you to change enemy ai style of play?

how does coop allow you to change enemy ai style of play?

so getting you're ass kicked by them as it is and that's not hard enough?

i would say it would be nice to have some tangoes actively moving about the map trying to flank etc, but so far im struggling against the static ai.

Yes it does.

can you tell me how?

plz.

pplz.