Armed Helos

The_Slink

I was setting something up on one of the CENTCOM maps (riverbed day). Basically, once you get within 80m of the well in the centre of the village, two choppers come in as support.

I tried the AH1 that came with CENTCOM but it can not shoot worth a damn. At least not accurately enough to make a difference. It fires burst that go completely wide of target. (I have it moving pretty fast, will try with lower speed, which just occurred to me). Ideally what I want is a chopper that can allow passengers to shoot as well.

Any ideas?

Not too sure about Centcom Heli`s setup for Shooting out of. They would need to have Shotgun seats in. I only have the Blackhawk with this function here. Is it for SP or MP?

As you said, lower the speed, treat them like an AI, they don`t react until they are in spotting distance, then sometimes by the time they open fire, they are already going passed them. Can you increase the spotting distance just for this bit of action? Then reset it maybe. ;)

Tinker

If the Cobra is firing support for you.....I had to help it out in the opening cinematic for mission 8 (Afghan Mountain) by using the Kill Actor response in the script, it fires on two tangos just after it comes into view during the cine...I think I used the proximity trigger for it, knowing that the helo would def be firing by this time....kill actors 1 and 2 sort of thing....I watched it several times to get the pattern down...but then I only had two tangos for it to deal with...the rest were hidden I think...I don't know about the passengers in another heli, but it seems they would fire if they were aware of tangos anyway....? Visa Versa? Boy, I just remembered I had a little mission once upon a time flying around the island map of IT where you rode and fired at tangos and tanks below, I just can't remember if the other team members would....I do know the tangos fired at player platoon, but not the tanks as far as I can remember..so they should fire at your heli occupants...maybe give one tango an rpg and see if he can shoot your bird down.....

mig :ph34r:

Then you haven't seen either the Op Stabilise Blackhawk or the SWEBAT Hkp11 with shotgun seats Tinker. I tested the SWEBAT one with 2 AI passengers packing SAW's and they absolutely cut down any OPFOR AI standing in their path!

Sounds cool! The next Q would be, does the helo have a damage animation? Could a tango bring one down? What an in game senario, helo with chrs firing at the opfor or good guys until a rocket of some sort comes flying up and takes it out...

Tinker, we need to test Cobaka's birds for that....

Thnx for clearing that up Snowfella. :thumbsup: I`ll have to say, I`ve never really worked with SP missions, TBH. So this is fairly hazy to me.

Mig, I can`t find any way for the Ghost Team AI, to fire an AT at a Heli, unless it is a modded kit. Last time i tried, i had to use a RPG and: (actor fired / destroy vehicle) to get it to work.

Tinker

:)

Thnx for clearing that up Snowfella. :thumbsup: I`ll have to say, I`ve never really worked with SP missions, TBH. So this is fairly hazy to me.

Mig, I can`t find any way for the Ghost Team AI, to fire an AT at a Heli, unless it is a modded kit. Last time i tried, i had to use a RPG and: (actor fired / destroy vehicle) to get it to work.

Tinker

:)

I was not really thinking about PLAYER platoon so much, more like a plan for an opfor or maybe ally, of course Player could do it...yet so many of the helos just don't have much of a reaction to being killed anyway, HX 's on the other hand spin wildly to the ground...I'm not familiar with Snowfella's referenced helis, so I can't know what to expect there..

I was thinking more like if an AI team like Snowfella describes were in one like Cobaka's PUMA would they fire at the enemy like with they do with his....see where I'm going with it...?

FWIW, Blakarion's helos look great and are relatively controllable (relativity being relative :wall: ) - but without death animations - the sound just cuts out when you kill them and the blades keep going round silently - very silly.

I've got round this by using HideThing with big explosion effects on the ground... in the air it's harder, but in one lo-vis twilight mission I've used HideThing again with the smoky explosion that you get with a rocket anyway, and an RS-stylie red-fog flashover for about a second. (ST might tell you about that, Mig :ph34r: - apparently it's a bit of a shock when you see it for the first time). Nothing that actually falls out of the sky like the drag helos in Free Libya, for instance, however...

Theo

Edited by TheoRetiKule

Well, I am not planning on having the choppers hang around for long.

Might use the ones from Op. Stabilise then. Need to see how that would work permission-wise. Is really only for effect.

And I can not just kill actors in a zone or something because they are in random places having been on patrol.

Is more for myself anyway. I like making missions, but rarely finish them.