The flood gates have been opened

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRAW-2-Ageia-with-only-the-CPU

http://stage6.divx.com/user/oritxupolite/v...he-CPU---120-MB 720p

Problems?

In some occasions the framerate lowers 2-5 fps even in the menu of the mission, without using the physics . but it happens rarely. The solution is or to wait - or to restart the level. The framerate is good enough almost always

Personal opinions

I do not like the texture of the blood

I do not like the postprocess of the mod,

I prefer the original postprocess

Edited by jonelo

As promised, here's the public beta of 1.1!

I would've released this yesterday but I couldn't figure out how to get the bundler working, and I still can't get it working, so I'll keep it in the same ol' Local/English format. For official release, it will be in a bundle.

Anyway, MAKE SURE TO READ THE README. CRUCIAL INFORMATION INSIDE.

PhysX will only have the Regular gore edition, as what's the point of having tons of blood when the main reason for the update is almost non-existant?

If there's enough requests though, I'll make an Ultra Gore PhysX version.

FileFactory

SendSpace

Edited by Agent Smith

Something is really wrong with the MOD as i'm getting 2-3 fps when using it and as you can see, i have a high-end PC. In addition i don't get those horible framerates when i'm using the PhysX Extreme physics tweak (without the mod)

At the beginning in the loadout/map screen, or in general?

If in general, then that is weird. I have a weaker system than yours and it runs just fine on my system.

Something is really wrong with the MOD as i'm getting 2-3 fps when using it and as you can see, i have a high-end PC. In addition i don't get those horible framerates when i'm using the PhysX Extreme physics tweak (without the mod)

If in general, then that is weird. I have a weaker system than yours and it runs just fine on my system.

Hi i'm a PPU user and i was very intrigued by this mod, if it was really possible to run the same PPU effects and not have performance problems i would really like to know, but after seeing the video above i realized that it is not the same, the first thing that i saw was the lack of any wind effects, the palm trees stay static only moving when shoot, with the PPU they all bend and the leafs move with the wind i also did not saw any leafs flying in the wind as with the PPU , the strange behaviour of the palm tree leafs when the tree is cut shows some problem with the physics, the explosions lack the effects of the PPU contra part, like more peace's/shrapnel and they staying on the floor, on the video they did not, even if it seams not much it is in did a big diference. So from the time being the PPU is the clear winner here.

If you will be able to make everything work, only time will tell, and i really would like you to do that because in that way AGEIA would start to open it all to everyone even if the performance would not be the same.

Edited by Argoon

Hi i'm a PPU user and i was very intrigued by this mod, if it was really possible to run the same PPU effects and not have performance problems i would really like to know, but after seeing the video above i realized that it is not the same, the first thing that i saw was the lack of any wind effects, the palm trees stay static only moving when shoot, with the PPU they all bend and the leafs move with the wind i also did not saw any leafs flying in the wind as with the PPU , the strange behaviour of the palm tree leafs when the tree is cut shows some problem with the physics, the explosions lack the effects of the PPU contra part, like more peace's/shrapnel and they staying on the floor, on the video they did not, even if it seams not much it is in did a big diference. So from the time being the PPU is the clear winner here.

If you will be able to make everything work, only time will tell, and i really would like you to do that because in that way AGEIA would start to open it all to everyone even if the performance would not be the same.

These effects are working. I've seen the wind,the bending trees and the leafs. Every effect is in there ;). As Jonelo said, if you restart the mission everything is fine (regarding my 5 fps)

Woah, now I see what you guys are talking about. Yesterday I installed a new processor and sound card (Athlon X2 5200+ and X-Fi XtremeGamer) and the performance is abysmal.

The internal betas were working fine, something must have gone wrong in translation from internal beta to public beta.

As of right now, I have no idea what the problem is, I'll have to sit down and look over this thing more than three times.

These effects are working. I've seen the wind,the bending trees and the leafs. Every effect is in there ;). As Jonelo said, if you restart the mission everything is fine (regarding my 5 fps)

Them why they posted a video that don't have any of that effects? It is a little misleading.

So they work, your lowest FPS is 5 what is the maximum ?

Seems that my performance problem is gone. I have absolutely great performance with the Ageia effects going on, can't wait to see how good the performance will be once I get my 8800.

So far, I think the FPS problems refer to ONLY when the mission is loading at the loadout section where you pick your team-mates, pick insertion points, etc.

Is this what you guys are referring to?

Seems that my performance problem is gone. I have absolutely great performance with the Ageia effects going on, can't wait to see how good the performance will be once I get my 8800.

So far, I think the FPS problems refer to ONLY when the mission is loading at the loadout section where you pick your team-mates, pick insertion points, etc.

Is this what you guys are referring to?

Can you show me a video of the game playing with the ALL the Ageia effects on your PC. Because i'm having a problem to believe that you are having great performance with the Ageia Extreme effects on. I don't have the full game i only have the demo for now, and when i run with the Ageia extreme effects at 1280x1024 with everything high and AA off the demo runs at 30 or more fps sometimes falling to the 20+ when some big explosion happens, and this with the PPU and with out some of the effects that you see on the Ageia Island map.

So sorry if is hard to believe in you.

Here is my PC:

AMD x2 4200+

AMD x1900 XT

2048 MB of RAM

SoundBlaster A 4

A8N-SLI SE

Asus PhysX P1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...