Mission 9: Codename Farallon

not really frustrated, I was laughing pretty hard watching my AI pull a keystone cops routine....

I guess the main issue I was trying to put across was the fact that the RPG's in Tower 4 blow up and are destroyed when the helo's hit thats tower with a rocket even though if you are in there when the rocket hits.....and you suffer not damage....the creates are all blown up and the RPG's are gonzo. all that remains is the sight. I know this because I check each time I have to replay that save (yes its often...so far) and the RPGs are there....1 missle hit with me in the building......and pooof nothing left but a RPG sight

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the people who cannot beat this mission :rolleyes:

I will lay Zeus everywere you look if you like. Bah! Cmon, it is not that hard. Think that`s hard? you not seen anything yet. ;)

:whistle:

Iv already tryed Zeus and it didnt work for me.

Is Mi 10 harder ? Id like to enjoy playing that mission if i could ever take down those helo's.

Try cranking the difficulty up a notch and playing through this mission just with Mitchell and then try to find a way to take out those helicopters, yull then know what hard realy is.

I have noticed that the RPG's in tower 4 will all be destroyed with one missle shot on said tower, even if you are standing in the tower and take ZERO damage. This is very un-cool.

Ah, is that what is happening, I was wondering why the RPG kept disappearing, I almost reported it as a bug.

I have noticed that the RPG's in tower 4 will all be destroyed with one missle shot on said tower, even if you are standing in the tower and take ZERO damage. This is very un-cool.

Ah, is that what is happening, I was wondering why the RPG kept disappearing, I almost reported it as a bug.

No. They disapear as they are in the same buffers as dropped weapons and other such objects. They spawn in as late as possible when the player gets to the tower so they'll stay as long as possible. But they will disapear with time as new objects get entered into that bank and pushes out the old.

They can't be destroyed.

No. They disapear as they are in the same buffers as dropped weapons and other such objects. They spawn in as late as possible when the player gets to the tower so they'll stay as long as possible. But they will disapear with time as new objects get entered into that bank and pushes out the old.

They can't be destroyed.

Well Wolf, thats not what I'm seeing on my end. I put all my guys inside the EMP building after we kill the truck and badguys that rush us. Helos are inbound, and I run into Tower #4, lower lvl. RPG is there. I run up stairs, into the top of tower 4 and 2 RPGs on the floor, crates in the corners. Helo shoots Tower #4, with me inside. Crates are all now broken, RPGs on the floor are gone, I run down stairs into the lower part of tower #4 and the crate the RPG was sitting on is there but all that remains is the sight, no tube, not even a spent tube.

So to me they are getting destroyed, its not other weapons dropping, as the only badguys in the area are the 2 helos. If nothing else is dropping.....something else is going on.

So what your saying is that because they shoot that building 1st....and box debris overwrites the RPGs.......what exactly is the point of putting the RPGs in there in the 1st place if all they are is eye candy? I mean really what is the point?

what exactly is the point of putting the RPGs in there in the 1st place if all they are is eye candy? I mean really what is the point?

I have to agree this seems to be a bit of a mess. The RPG is essential for the completion of the mission for players that find themselves low on ZEUS for whatever reason, so to have the RPG be removed like that seems a bit silly. >_<

So what your saying is that because they shoot that building 1st....and box debris overwrites the RPGs.......what exactly is the point of putting the RPGs in there in the 1st place if all they are is eye candy? I mean really what is the point?

It depends. Sometimes they stay, sometimes they don't it depends on when they where activated and what has happened since.

We can't wait to spawn them until the helicopters come because if the player (or team AI as you can watch through them at any time) has been close to the the tower he must have seen them or they pop up from nowhere and he can't have any clue they are there.

They are just an extra feature as the AI does have Zeus as default on this map, like they have on every map they should bring it. The player also has it as default. So that should ring a bell that there is something in this mission what needs heavy firepower.

I hear ya but when the bloody AI pulls a keystone cops routine and either misses or dies while taking their sweet time to walk out into the middle of the dam, make sure they are at approved OSHA distances from object that might be harmed in the process of firing or making sure they take into account all the critters crawling or flying around (would not want to get on PEDA's badside) and then die in blood soaked death spasms while the Helo lollygags around.....you know this is all in jest right?

point is when the AI screws the pooch and there are no more Zeus to be had, the only option you have are the RPGs which by what you are telling me is some sick joke on the part of the DEV team because some random box animation removes them from use.....again this is partly in jest

So again I ask.....why even take the time to put them in if you will never ever have any chance to use them?

Crap, my team was wiped out in that last mission, so I'm alone in this one. I like a challenge, but this is pretty weak realistically.

I can always get one chopper with the Zeus. I set myself up to use an RPG I found when they first appear coming up from behind the dam. I shoot the sucker point blank from about 40 feet away. He smokes a bit, then the smoke stops, and he looks fine. Damn!

Then I manage to keep my self alive, kill all the mercs, and start plinking at the last chopper. But apparently these choppers have unlimited ammo. I've been fired on for well over 5 minutes by one chopper, they never run out.

This same thing happened on a mission in GRAW if I remember.

I'll probably have to back up quite a bit to play this one right. It's a shame because I loved every mission so far, and now I have to go back and re-do a bunch of stuff. It just takes the fun out of it having to do something over and over. If you can't accomplish a mission goal without teammates, they shouldn't let you start it.

Oh well, here goes....(maybe a beer will help!)

I'll probably have to back up quite a bit to play this one right. It's a shame because I loved every mission so far, and now I have to go back and re-do a bunch of stuff. It just takes the fun out of it having to do something over and over. If you can't accomplish a mission goal without teammates, they shouldn't let you start it.

I actually started the entire mission again because of this issue, but I like the dam map so it didn't bother me to replay it, making sure my team stayed alive with their zeus backpack :thumbsup:

I actually started the entire mission again because of this issue, but I like the dam map so it didn't bother me to replay it, making sure my team stayed alive with their zeus backpack :thumbsup:

OMG! I made it!!! Alone! After taking out one with the Zeus, I made my way to the extraction area. After taking out all the mercs, I was able to use the building and the mountainside to my advantage. The helo couldn't get a good rocket angle on me.

I then used every freakin' gun on the ground (in single shot mode) and after about a half hour, it finally went down.

Now I've just been dropped on the road in Act III, and my team is getting killed as soon as they hit the ground! I need a break!

I understand why this mission is causing so much difficulty for you all but the solution is quite simple; take out the first of the two helicopters with your own rocket launcher equipped at mission start then press tab. Set squad orders to attack the next thing you click on then, when the second of the two choppers enters your mission map click it. Watch with amusement and satisfaction as one or two rockets makes its way towards the nemesis and turns it to a pile of twisted metal. A.I. squad members are programmed to use rockets only if explicitly instructed by way of the “attack†command so remember this next time you see a armoured personnel carrier full of enemies.

Another undiscovered feature of this game is the “quick saveâ€. Press K to save and L to load. It is quite remarkable how many struggle to make it to auto save points as they are unaware of this facility.

Edited by backslash777

Augh! :wall:

Just about finished the mission solo, all my teammates got turned into mincemeat on the previous mission, and got ventilated while running for the extract bird! I'd even made it asfar as up on the roof where the extract helo lands when some reinforcements came running accross the dam.

Could of legged it to the bird and made it but was dumb enough to stop and try to take the new threaths out...one of the mongrels managed to sneak through, run up the stairs behind me and pop me one in the head :wall:

Now I have to go back and redo the whole thing from where the Mi28's show up all over again :wacko:

Yeah, I had to restart the whole campaign because for some reason, it doesn't save progress like GRAW did, so I can't revisit missions (this one is a definite no) unless I go through the campaign again. But I think this is where the phrase "this is really ridiculous" comes into mind, constantly. But that's where I'm currently again, and seriously, I don't think I need to bother again once completing it.

Edited by EricJ

Well, since I never can make it to those darn RPG's before they magicly dissapear I've resorted to alternative ways of taking out that second Mi28......fragging the crap out of it! :rofl: I've got 4 frags still on me and can generally get atleast one or 2 close enough to it for it to start smoking, tends to ###### it off somewhat though

Mi28 :whack: Snow

lol i never thought of frags as an offensive use like that.... but I never had much success for the RPGs, as the Havocs tend to dodge them, so I can get the first one. When I finally did that, I resorted to just grabbing any weapon and hosing it with bullets until it finally died. I was happy, then got the last tango trying to shoot the extraction helo (the suppressor is quite loud, rolloff must be larger than it should be though) and beat feet. To include mission 10, it's just insane what these guys though, which leads me to this:

GRIN Scenario Meeting for GRAW2

"So Olaf, what do you think about these scenarios?"

"Oh Sven, I think it needs to be ridiculously hard."

"I agree Sven, there has to be two Havocs, because only the Americans would complain about that, while I know the cheat codes."

"Good idea!"

No AT rounds or Ghost AI left? Since they do tend to single you out anyway just hoof it over to one of the fixed MG positions in the east complex...makes short work of Mi-28s.

I love the failed tail-rotor animation and watching that thing pinwheel and crash on the far bank, the burning wreckage sliding into the river.