Ghost Recon.net Forums

I am curious as to what this means "If you consider that we have also learned GRIN may have been given only four weeks to patch GRAW 2 after release" 4 weeks in total? 1 patch only? then no more support ?

Yes that's a very disturbing thing, I don't know what to think of it. :blink:

As for the gag order, it just doesn't make sense to me. GRIN were already restricted in what they could tell us, why the all out ban? Nonsense. Two way communication would allow for a lot more efficient feedback. Part of the reason why I came to like GRIN and this forum is because of the direct contact between the community and the devs. It was awesome, even just to read things, and I don't think I've seen this anywhere else.

Anyway, I already didn't think too highly of ubisoft anyway, and I still support GRIN and thank them for making a worthy game. :grin1:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the first game since the [GR] that has really interested me and my squad in getting back into playing the GR series. This has been due to the communication between the GR community and GRIN and may not have reached the expectations of GR fans and other audience otherwise. UBI doing this is a huge mistake!

Guys maybe we are not seeing the bigger picture. For some time it seems to me that UBI has want to move solely in to the Consoles games. Maybe UBI didnt realize that this installment of GRAW would be such a big hit and now they are trying to kill it. In my humble opinion I think GRIN with it great talent should just start it own FPS games. Course I dont know what it take to build a game like this but It seems that GRIN has done a dam good job from the Demo I have played. All I can say to UBI is this comunity made you with GR1. In my opinion it was the best FPS ever made. You dont find FPS that are developed for tatics and not just a arcade fashion of shooten up like some of the other FPS brands that are out there.

On the other hand maybe something happened that they are trying to fix with the game. Security issue or ect. and they dont want the info to get out. I would like to here a reason for this.

Just my 2 cents worth

... If you consider that we have also learned GRIN may have been given only four weeks to patch GRAW 2 after release, the importance of constructive two way dialog between developer and end user should be seen as essential, and it is for that reason that I am making this appeal to Ubisoft to reconsider...

Unbelievable, what does UBI think to gain out of this action? And if the above will seem to be true, I am really doubtfull about this beloved game and series GRIN and GR.net has put their works, soul and efford into.

UBI, I really hope you reconsider this action and bring back the dialogue and feedback in order to enhance this GR title.

Let's me nothing left to say then:

:g_withgrin:

Why are the devs given a pass on this?

The Bros. Grin are all adults, they agreed to and signed the contract and all that that entails...and if they had had reservations there was plenty of time between :AW & :AW2 to restructure or rework the conditions, or bow out with their reputation intact.

____

This latest move by Ubisoft in France however is the last straw for us.
So what does this mean, exactly.

means turning gr.net into a hate site!

ok ok... seriously what does this mean?

huff and puff and do what?

heres an idea... forward gr.net to BFS unamed project site....

___BFS GAME____.net !

Edited by pz3

It's a sad day for GRAW, when the end users and developers can't talk to each other because of the publisher, puts the dampers on the whole launch. With this only being the start of possibly the GRAW II COLD WAR. Many will be thinking of the good old days before RSE was bought / owned by Ubi.

Idea: Give all the Grin undercover operative names ;) (the true Ghosts)

V33C3C3CCCCCCCsuper-Bring%20Back%20GRIN.png

If anybody is a member of Digg.com, I put the story up over there.

http://digg.com/gaming_news/UBI_Places_Gag..._Developer_GRIN

Well, if the GR.net web server crashes and burns, we know who to thank!

Well ROCKY, when and if this happens mate, not to worry, Blackfoot studios would be a great community to move on to mate :thumbsup:

with this news, I might as well save my quid for the BFS title.

Rocky, you NEVER have to hide anything from us, we need to stand together! :yes:

I guess this means Grin will walk away from UBISOFT..yay for GRIN. now GRIN, go make a kick ass first person shooter of your own. then you can make it YOUR way ;)

I'm boycotting UBISOFT!!! :pirate:

I seriously can not believe this.... well, I guess I can, it's Ubi, but this is just so disappointing. I've been a lurker here a long time, and I've always felt that the interaction between Grin and the gamers here has been one of the last tangible signs that developers actually care about PC gamers. No way this decision will get reversed though - Ubi runs by the law of $$ alone (not surprising, being a public company), so they've obviously got their own greedy and shortsighted reasons for doing this.

What was that rumour about "4 weeks only for a patch", too? As in, there's only going to be one patch and that's it? If that means there is not going to be any more than 3 official [GR] maps, then there's no way I'm buying this game.

I really hope Ubi reconsider this, even though I have my doubts.

Worst case scenario now is that GRIN don't get the time to work with the patches, no modding tools being released, and no further support for the game. Then this title won't last long as there's a very limited number of maps and mission to play and I guess Ubi then hope we go to the shop to pick up a new title...but guess what...I won't and I doubt I'm alone here.

I really hope Ubi reconsider this, even though I have my doubts.

Worst case scenario now is that GRIN don't get the time to work with the patches, no modding tools being released, and no further support for the game. Then this title won't last long as there's a very limited number of maps and mission to play and I guess Ubi then hope we go to the shop to pick up a new title...but guess what...I won't and I doubt I'm alone here.

Too right, It will be the last Ubi title, and I've never said that about any publisher.

To Ubisoft

I was a fan of Rainbow Six: Raven Shield and made a few maps which helped nurture the community. But after the 1.60 patch and the limitations you put on the modding community, I lost a lot of respect (i.e. willingness to buy your games). That respect continued to decline with the releases of Lockdown and R6: Vegas (which could have been a great game for the PC if you wanted it to be).

After following the GR series (since I played RvS), I became interested in it when I played the GRAW 2 demo and when I came here to GR.net and saw some interaction with the community and the developer, I was essentially sold on buying the game. I will buy the game because of what GRIN did with the community before the gag order.

Your community interaction and communication over the years is really pathetic. I say this based on experience and history. GRIN's involvement in these forums started to turn that around, but I guess you want to alienate your customers and force them to buy other games.

I am huge fan of Epic for their great games and their ability to give their customer what they want. This among other things had made them successful and I will always support their games. When a corporation loses sight on how to appeal to their customers, their customers will lose sight of you.

To GRIN

Your game will provide me hours of enjoyment and I give you praise for you involvement with the community and adapting the game based on our feedback. I hope your publisher realizes that gamers are not the same type of customer who purchase gasoline and mundane consumer products. This is a luxury pastime and most of us are passionate about the time we spend playing games. But with that passion will come either loyalty or resentment to companies that just don't "get it". I believe you as a developer "get it", but your publisher doesn't, which is a shame. Best of luck to you in your future games, which I hope to buy with a publisher who cares to make great games.

Wow. I'm immensely disappointed. After the initial shock, and reconsideration, I can't say I'm surprised especially when I think back at how UBI has recently handled all their PC releases in the last couple of years. I don't know what they want to accomplish with the gag rule/order on GRIN and if it's just related to GR.net or any communication outside of GRIN and Ubi$oft.

The only 4 weeks of support, seems to be a current trend as well. Just look at their history recently. With only Vegas with it's mysterious upcomming patch that was greenlighted because of all the negative publicity and BBB ratings associated with it. The PC platform and all it entails is just not appealing to someone there. They want to release a game, and walkaway from it and get whatever return they can. That would ok, if they could 1)make a decent game 2)without showstopping bugs. But they can't seem to do either inhouse. Now they are hamstringing their 3rd party developers. I guess it was only a matter of time.

GRIN, ditch UBI after this mess and make your own FPS property. I know many of us would sign on.

I have to say, I am now having GREAT reservations regarding purchasing the game. I was looking forward to it. If there was a way for me to purchase it, and the money go directly to GRIN, I would in a heartbeat. I just feel reluctant to endorse this kind of business practices of UBI$oft with a purchase much longer. I guess I still have a few days to decide at this point. I would have never guessed I would feel this way but thank goodness for the US delay in release - I have thinking to do before I make a final decision.

@ UBI

All i can say is i'm dissapointed (at least all i can say nicely at this point)

It won't be the last title i buy as long as Grin is developing it. Any other i have high doubts in purchasing.

Truthfully you should reconsider. GRAW2 is a hit due to the interaction of the devs and the community rather through mods or just ideas for game improvements

@ Grin

Maybe it's time to consider a new publisher. You guys have been great, through betas and the demo's + discussing server options with the community, with great communication and explanations for everything we had questions on(even if the questions were silly). That is what makes the title and keeps us coming back.

This move is inexplicable, honestly.

Well, I'll pay for GRAW 2. And that's it. I'm done with UBI. Even if I owned a console, I'm not gonna go for it. I was really looking forward to Assassin's Creed too. Oh well.

I'm no business manager, but I do know that (unless you're selling people something they can't live without) if your customer service is crap and product development is crippled (as is the case here), people will go elsewhere. Hell, they can't even get an xbox game out the door bug free, and they somehow think that crippling the developers ability to fix unforeseen bugs will engender good will?