Ground Branch

Just in case some of you monkeys missed it, the tactical shooter genre is about to take a huge leap forward. ;)

The name of the game is Ground Branch by Blackfoot Studios. It puts you in the boots of CIA's clandestine "secret warriors". Release for PC is planned for 2008, with a 360 version to follow, pending publishing agreements.

If you're into tactical squad based first person shooters, there is no way around this game. It's looking up to be the yardstick against which the whole genre will be measured.

Oh, and the forum is great (you might recognize a moderator or two...) and the dev team is very active there too. And they listen.

Be there or be square.

Respectfully

krise madsen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that are interested, BFS is selling a limited time offer T-shirt. Need to place your order before July 31st.

To commemorate the announcement of our first title Ground Branch, for a very limited time BlackFoot Studios is making available a LIMITED EDITION Ground Branch "I was there when it all started" T-Shirt.

BFS Online Store

Get them while they are available as they will only be offered until July 31st, 2007. After that, the one and only order will be placed and no more will be made.

Be a part of this grass roots movement and proudly wear something that you know only a small elite group will have.

I am also proud to say that a portion of the proceeds from all T-Shirt sales will be given to select Special Operations foundations to help with the needs of fallen warriors and their families.

-John

Hopefully a game worth waiting for. :unsure: After the major letdown with GRAW and the newer R6 games it sure would be fun to get back on track with something that's worth buying. <_< I'll keep my fingers crossed just for good measure.

(quoting myself? Getting rather full of ourselves aren't we? :rolleyes: )

Just figured I had to emphasise a couple of points for those who might think that this is "just another game":

If you're into tactical squad based first person shooters, there is no way around this game.

The Blackfoot Studios mantra is "Do not build your community around a game.... Build your game around a community". Rummaging through some old threads recently, it struck me just how true this is. The level of insightful, clever and productive discussions is nothing short of amazing. If you're truly interested in realistic tactical shooters, you simply have to read through the threads, or at least most of them. And the developers do listen and take it into account when designing the game.

It's looking up to be the yardstick against which the whole genre will be measured.

I don't say this lightly. The NORG (Natural Order of Realistic Gameplay) game design doctrine is such a huge leap forward in how realistic games are made that it is going to define the genre for the foreseeable future. If you're into this genre, you simply have to learn about NORG.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Hey, interesting, I'm totally banned at those forums.

Oh yeah, what did you do to get banned?

Eh, contested and debated stuff for no real reason at all -- generally halted and delayed the intended flow of the forum, I guess. :rofl:

generally halted and delayed the intended flow of the forum, I guess. :rofl:

I like that (makes note to add it to forum rules).

Great. Thanks sup. :rolleyes:

But I hope John over at blackfoot eventually lets back in sup! :)

Someday maybe.... At least he admits to doing it for no real reason. The first step is admitting. :thumbsup:

generally halted and delayed the intended flow of the forum, I guess. :rofl:

I like that (makes note to add it to forum rules).

Great. Thanks sup. :rolleyes:

But I hope John over at blackfoot eventually lets back in sup! :)

Someday maybe.... At least he admits to doing it for no real reason. The first step is admitting. :thumbsup:

Well, the reason wasn't to cause harm either, so. :maybe:

It's your forum. I perfectly fine with you banning/not banning whoever you like -- that's totally up to you.

Good luck with the game, anyway. :)

"the tactical shooter genre is about to take a huge leap forward" with the title "Ground Branch", are you serious?

is that the name of the game realy? i laughed, you would think they would come up with a better named game or am i reading that wrong?.

I have heard of the special branch though haha!.

LoL I could care less what name it it's called, as long as it's a great game! If it's anything like an updated version of that one game we so fondly love from 2001, it could be called "elephant poo" and I'd still buy it!

"the tactical shooter genre is about to take a huge leap forward" with the title "Ground Branch", are you serious?

is that the name of the game realy? i laughed, you would think they would come up with a better named game or am i reading that wrong?.

I have heard of the special branch though haha!.

Yes. Dead serious. And yes, that really is the name of the game. Or rather, the game.

They didn't just pull the name out of the hat. It's the name of the unit depicted in the game:

http://www.specialoperations.com/Domestic/...AS/Default.html

That unit is about as tough and mean as they come. Ground Branch is a cool name because of what it represents, no more, no less. :)

LoL I could care less what name it it's called, as long as it's a great game! If it's anything like an updated version of that one game we so fondly love from 2001, it could be called "elephant poo" and I'd still buy it!

I actually suggested on the BFS forum they called it "krise is a fat git", as long as they made it a great game... ;)

Respectfully

krise madsen

That's the name!

Rainbow Six was pretty stupid to, wasn't it? :rocky:

:o

The first time you heard of "Team Rainbow", what did you think? Intially that doesn't sound very "cool" now does it? However, once you played the game and understood the group that name means something.

The first time you heard of "Team Rainbow", what did you think? Intially that doesn't sound very "cool" now does it? However, once you played the game and understood the group that name means something.

LOL, you are right. With a name like Team "Rainbow", the most deadly elite international counter-terrorist organization in the world could easily have been mistaken for a bunch of airy-fairy hippies :shifty::whistle:

Eh, Rainbow's name was compelling. Sure, it was a fairly standard fictional 'SUPER SECRET SPECIAL FORCES' ([team] + noun/noun + [unit]) but it worked in the fiction.

I dunno, though, I'm not too keen on the name either. 'GROUND BRANCH' brings to mind such gems as "secret service" and "marine sniper." The kind of game box I pick up for a laugh, and then quickly put back unless they somehow wow me with incredible production values.

I dunno, though, I'm not too keen on the name either. 'GROUND BRANCH' brings to mind such gems as "secret service" and "marine sniper." The kind of game box I pick up for a laugh

Send your complaints about the choice of the name to the CIA :rolleyes::P

What I'm indirectly saying is that BFS didn't pick the name of this real-life organization they are basing a game on. However, Tom Clancy did pick the fictional name "Rainbow". Even "Ghost Recon" had me scratching my head at first.

And like Krise implied, I don't really care what they call it as long as the game rocks :thumbsup:

I dunno, though, I'm not too keen on the name either. 'GROUND BRANCH' brings to mind such gems as "secret service" and "marine sniper." The kind of game box I pick up for a laugh

Send your complaints about the choice of the name to the CIA :rolleyes::P

I suppose I'll write the government about 'secret service' too, and call out the marines for having snipers? I think you missed the point.