Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The_Slink

Install problems

I recently got a whole lot of the bigger mods I could not get before and now find I can not play them due to IT refusing to install.

Depending on the computer, how far it gets with the install changes, but one thing that is always there is part of the error message: "cyclic redundancy error".

I think that this means the disc is scratched, which is odd, since IT appears less scratched than the original GR disc, but anyway. Am I right or is there a simple fix?

GR and DS installed fine.

It may not be the disc

I`ve had this recently with GRAW and Lockdown. Only on this PC do i get "cyclic redundancy error" which does lead to a disc error. The drive runs all other DVD`s fine. Discs don`t look scratched. However i installed a second DVD drive and it installed first time.

Hope you fix it

Tinker

Usually a "cyclic redundancy error" is a combination of a scratched cd, damaged files and the reading capabillity of the drive. Try to install IT with a secondary cd/dvd drive if you can.

Hope you can fix it! :thumbsup:

Another trick that occasionally works is to copy the contents of the CD to your hard drive, and installing from there. This sometimes works because a simple copying can overcome minor read errors, while installing from slightly damaged media is a heavier operation, causing the errors to become more blatant.

I had a broken Island thunder CD, and no way to get it for a fair price, so I used an illegal download, but when playing I use the cd which works (so no crack installed, only used the iso for install)

Edited by Forrester

Another trick that occasionally works is to copy the contents of the CD to your hard drive, and installing from there. This sometimes works because a simple copying can overcome minor read errors, while installing from slightly damaged media is a heavier operation, causing the errors to become more blatant.

Did try that. Will try copying it with another computer.

Thanks guys.

Resurrected an old dinosaur and it worked on there. Thanks guys.

Have now got it backed up.

Edited by The_Slink