Speed Hack, caught on tape

One of my clan members found a vid and posted it on our forums. It's a vid capture of somebody speed hacking. Out of respect to whomever's site the file of the vid is on, I won't post the URL here (bandwidth consumption). However, if any of the GRIN team would like to view it, by all means please PM me and I will send it.

Basically it's a vid of a player in a server taken by somebody on his team. You can clearly see the players name (and the player at times) running at the speed of sound all over the map. Very easy to spot, that's for sure. I really hope that GRIN's AC is not working for the demo, because if it is then it isn't working.

Although being called a hacker almost everytime I play, I honestly didn't think there were actually hacks out already! For a demo at that!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my clan members found a vid and posted it on our forums. It's a vid capture of somebody speed hacking. Out of respect to whomever's site the file of the vid is on, I won't post the URL here (bandwidth consumption). However, if any of the GRIN team would like to view it, by all means please PM me and I will send it.

Basically it's a vid of a player in a server taken by somebody on his team. You can clearly see the players name (and the player at times) running at the speed of sound all over the map. Very easy to spot, that's for sure. I really hope that GRIN's AC is not working for the demo, because if it is then it isn't working.

Although being called a hacker almost everytime I play, I honestly didn't think there were actually hacks out already! For a demo at that!

There is a good possiblity he was lagging.

There is a good possiblity he was lagging.

NO WAY was he lagging. The movement was smooth with absolutely zero warping and when I mean "speed of sound" I mean going accross the whole map from spawn to spawn in about 5 seconds. The video is very clear. The players name is LAN562UP.

If somebody has a server that I can post the file to for everybody to view, I'd be happy to share. It's about 14 MB.

I'll check back when I get home from work.

Edited by GHOST_Sup

hey Sup, I think there's a hack already out for defeating the TK kick from GRAW2. that bloke mo fo who Tk'd me, killed me several times and stayed in server but I get back at him was probably not a a good choice but, I got booted by the server and he didn't.

cheaters and so forth need to be flown to the UK, london to be exact and throw them off of the London Bridge into the river Thames. But I guess the Brits would tire quickly of all the cruft floating in the river after awhile. :thumbsup:

well the ###### TKíng I've seen him too, and noobs camping the spawnzone too, but sitting just in fornt of spawn and killing them as they try to get in cured that.

A speed hack I haven't seen yet, some lagging yes, I think that is the main reason for the delay, putting a dedi server up without crashes seems sheer impossible up till now. Those who get all ports open and don't have router trouble seem to have a lot of lag on their server, and hosting Teamspeak from that same server puts the host not able to communicate because of all the desturbing.... so there's some work left on that I guess.

The system of altered game files could be with some further improving quite effective against hackers, combined with write protected screenshots.....

I guess moste of the kiddies will go away after the release of the full game, it might take a couple of months, but they will find out it is no sport to anger us..... :devil::D

i had seen one speed-hacking too,may i disclose his in game name?

the guy was speed-hacking and was running round the enemy spawn,i did try to vote kick him and yet no other players seemed to bother.

they said even with the hack on that guy still got killed often,so they just let him go.

i hope hes the one you guys are talking about

I've seen the same thing.

One time I thought I saw someone moving really fast then I kinda shrugged it off. Then I was scoping another individual waiting for them to come to a stop so I could get a good snipe on them. I was on Adat B site and was aiming twoard the small little hill in the middle of the map with the shack at the top. I saw them what appeared to be a jump from the middle of the hill to the top.

I finally experienced lag last nite, and it projected me about 100 meters farther ahead than I was going. But the video I made of the guy speedhacking wasn't lag. In fact, he admitted to it. The vid I made was on a private server, but I ended up on that server with him by accident. Our squad originally spotted him in one of the gamespy servers (3 respawn) and thats where we first found out that speedhack exists.

I would just like to caution about pointing fingers at people without proof or them admitting it.

I believe GRAW 1 had a problem with CPU speed allowing a sort of speed hack that was eventually addressed by GRIN. Just in case some of these instances are not actual hacking and something else, people should use caution when naming names.

There is no need to start throwing accusations around at players unless you have absolute proof.

I'm not saying that there aren't speed hacks and other hacks out there. But that there could be other reasons for this behavior. As such it's prudent not to start tossing accusations without definite proof. Other cheat sites and organizations have similar policies for a reason. It's one that should be followed here as well.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

i had seen one speed-hacking too,may i disclose his in game name?

You can post his name and say you saw him moving very fast, but it wouldn't be wise to draw any assumptions at this stage.

Rocky, I've seen the video, it's a hack the guy ran into the opposing spawn, and ran around and part way back i go tthe vid. all i can say is...WOW!

I would just like to caution about pointing fingers at people without proof or them admitting it.

I believe GRAW 1 had a problem with CPU speed allowing a sort of speed hack that was eventually addressed by GRIN. Just in case some of these instances are not actual hacking and something else, people should use caution when naming names.

There is no need to start throwing accusations around at players unless you have absolute proof.

I'm not saying that there aren't speed hacks and other hacks out there. But that there could be other reasons for this behavior. As such it's prudent not to start tossing accusations without definite proof. Other cheat sites and organizations have similar policies for a reason. It's one that should be followed here as well.

As ruggbutt mentioned, the player in question admitted to using a speed hack. There are no accusations here.

could be that it took your system that long to see him move that he looked as if he did.

Guys, you know I'm an advocate of fair gaming, that's why it gets me hot under the collar. I abhor such non sense.

are you sure :hmm: ? latency skips and you warp out. this is clean movement. way to fast.

added: I love that he got waxed by the enemy spawn classic. I'd give that guy a beer anyday.. erm provided he's of age <_<

Edited by Papa6

I guess I need to mention once again the player admitted he was speed hacking.

Doh! see? but my computer networking skillz trained eye told me right sup! thanx bro had to show proof before too long.

but why do these clowns admit to cheating? lmao! :rofl: some people have nothing better to do with their PC's.

Edited by Papa6