Ghost Recon.net Forums

woe is me!

I'm not a philanthropist, so I get nothing out of that. It's all about me, me, me. Moral of the story is, don't buy any more computer games and save the money to buy a new computer! Or this, or this, or this, or this, or this, or this. See, plenty of other things I can, and will, spend my money on. :devil:

Hmm.....there's also this....

The Third THIS on your list the thing made by "Line 6" my brother works for "Line 6" and gets discounts. He picked up two of those things for our cousin when your ready to buy find your best price I'll see if he can beat it. :D

If we owned a lawn mower. :)

Trust me, I'd much rather nto work and keep my grades up then take a job and have to drop my AP classes and (hopefully) college classes. It's not worth it to me. I'd rather have the schooling.

*waits for other teens to pull out a big stick*

Anyway, I suppose I should give my list of games I have and want to paly again:

R6 Series: Own all games, some of em even 2 copies; haven't even been installed on the new rig yet.

Midtown Madness 2: It's been a VERY long time for this game. I'd like to actually race, not cruise.

CnC:Red Alert: I've been playing the sin out of RA2, but haven't had a good classic game yet.

That's all really, I only play games in SP every now and again.

Yes but I have the opportunity to not have to work to support myself... for now.

So I'm gonna take advantage while I can. :)

But until it's a necessity, I'm not gonna bother. And right now, it's not; unless I get greedy.. :devil:

Guest Jester

Yeah, you'll get greedy....give it a year, or even a semester, at college. You'll want spending money to do stuff. :devil:

BTW, I'm not trying to come down on you, just pushing some buttons. I'm too tired to put my standard disclaimer™ in right now.

Ruin Posted on Apr 25 2003, 18:15

Trust me, I'd much rather nto work and keep my grades up then take a job and have to drop my AP classes and (hopefully) college classes. It's not worth it to me. I'd rather have the schooling.

True say, Ruin, true say :D. I made the mistake of working when i was 15, all throughout highschool, i mean the money was good and getting gear was a weekly routine but the grades suffered immensley as a result of that. i missed the admission cutoff for the Health Sciences (pre-med) program at McMaster University :stupid: At the same time, i managed to save up a few grand to pay for first year nursing in full plus the texts and the pavilion.

Working is great, but it requires self-discipline and excellent time management skills. Give it a shot once you are of age to work, just don't get carried away. Stay in school and be edjumacated :D

My advice: Keep All The Games You Get! I had a bunch of "old" games that I thought I would never play anymore like Command and Conquer and Red Alert. Sold em at a garage sale for next to nothing, the next day I was crying about my lost games. I will never get ride of a single game as long as I live. I even collect my computer game magazines. No I'm not obsesssed, it's a hobby. :D

@Aggressor, I'll keep that in mind. :)

I'm looking to getinto a pretty demanding career field, so the A's in HS will help. :)

@Firefly, I can't get rid of ANYTHING. I hate throwing things away or getting rid of them...

@Jester,

HS = Human Services... :devil:J/K!

I actually started working at 13. Mowed lawns, performed weekly janitoral services for a company. But I still managed to get Honors even through High School...tough, but possible.

I still hope to actually attend a University for Computer Science and/or Geo-Physics. We'll see...much work at the moment. :wall:

Guest Jester
I actually started working at 13. Mowed lawns, performed weekly janitoral services for a company. But I still managed to get Honors even through High School...tough, but possible.

Good job -- takes lots of discipline, but it shows that you have it if you can do all that. Builds character, too.