Ghost Recon.net Forums
chilly-willy

Any chance of a SP demo B4 release?

I get a feeling that the whole SP/COOP GRAW 1 experience really cost Ubi / GRiN a lot of credibility capital with the fan base. That much shouldn't be a shock to anyone.

Indeed. :yes: A SP demo would be great, as I only play SP and after the major letdown of the SP content found in GRAW I have serious doubts GRAW 2 will deliver any SP experience on the level of GR. :unsure:

Yeap, I wait for a SP Demo my self.

I won't be purchasing until I know I can try SP before hand...

Please BoobieSoft!

Didn't I read somewhere around here that it appears that SP mode is what the delay was about? maybe not-

Edited by Papa6

Yeah cause I like SP and I like demos. So if a SP demo is released, I'm gonna be jumping up and down like cangaroo.

You won't get your Sp demo. But, the MP demo is fantastic. This game's PC sales will move like hotcakes!!!

I think this game will def. sell better than graw1 even without a single player demo even though I want one too.

Depends why it was pushed back I guess.

They might be too busy to give us a demo now.

I think this game will def. sell better than graw1 even without a single player demo even though I want one too.

Riiiigggghhhhtttttt...... lol

Well, I think it's gonna sell. It's gonna sell at LEAST as well as GRAW did, regardless of any merits. But it's ALSO not going to sell GREAT, at least not right off, for sake of the damage GRAW did to the name.

I kinda agree with Evilducky that it will sell what it will sell without any demo. But at the same time I think thr0tt is on that it shouldn't sell significantly better than did GRAW based on the success of that MP demo alone, though that should be a help. It'll serve at best to offset the poor reputation of its predecessor. That still puts sales expectations in the 'DISMAL' range.

IF this game turns out to be the worthy suceessor to GR that we've been waiting for since... oh... 2001-ish, then let's hope the sales figures go north and stay north. If it's another still-barely-a-demo-at-version-1.35 fiasco, then let's hope UbiShaft buries the GR name with a little respect and dignity...

I think the biggest seller will be the SP mode. but that's the problem with the GR series now. they toss out to us what they want, then expect to sell 1,000,000 copies and the series moves on.

But MP mode will be winner anyway since people want more maps and more action, meaning game types.

if MP mode can pull off tournaments, then MP_ COOP should be able really stake a claim to tournament play. But in order for success to be achieved, then custom maps must be made. the stock maps won't last forever.

C'mon Grin, let's get it together! :thumbsup:

I bought GR:AW out of loyalty to GR. Not this time. SP/COOP is what i enjoy most, so a demo is a must. If it takes them 6 months to put a demo out for SP/COOP, well i guess i wont have to pay full price. Game will have to perform well, and the reviews from players (not PC mags) will have to be top notch to get me to buy this time.

Well said, rabbi. If this edition sucks then it's time to pull the plug and bury the PC franchise with a little grace and dignity left.

...then we can campaign Ubi to turn [GR] over as open source.... :)

-jk

Well i hope you guys n gals get a sp demo but i'm trigger clicky itchy happy for the full title so bring it on GRiN inc.

I know several people wanting a SP demo. I would be very surprised if there wasn't one released. The question is whether it will be before or after release.

I'm leaning towards before release.

I think if your going to buy the game , buy it for the Sp game part anyways.Theres not enouph diversity to keep the average peep playing MP.Sure theres those of us who will play MP to our graves.But,the game is not peep friendly.With no dedicated server files every tom dik and harry wont be able to start a server on the cheap.So that leaves out 85 percent of peeps right there.Very few non custom maps.limited enviroments.Limited customazation.lol.We will see what the big delay was for.Maybe they had to get new advertisers for the ingame product placements. :D

Arrrrg: Ubi is teasing me! Just like God teased Moses in the desert!! ...Or is that tested?

Either way, I'm really hanging for a SP demo if the game is more than a few weeks away now. Couldn't play the MP demo because the house where I'm staying only has dial up at the moment :wall:

Ok, so there's just this Friday left before next weeks release (cough,cough) Is there still no sniff of a single player demo? if so then surely its got to be tomorrow! :whistle:

I think if your going to buy the game , buy it for the Sp game part anyways.Theres not enouph diversity to keep the average peep playing MP.Sure theres those of us who will play MP to our graves.But,the game is not peep friendly.With no dedicated server files every tom dik and harry wont be able to start a server on the cheap.So that leaves out 85 percent of peeps right there.Very few non custom maps.limited enviroments.Limited customazation.lol.We will see what the big delay was for.Maybe they had to get new advertisers for the ingame product placements. :D
  1. There will be sads delivered with game when it is released.
  2. 9 mp maps is enough to start with.
  3. Limited customization? Care to elaborate what you mean here?

Edit: Nevermind, stay banned instead.