The Release Date Fiasco

Delay schmelay. I'm not terribly concerned about a few weeks delay. Sure I'm disappointed a little bit, but in the grand scheme if they are tweaking the game, it's a good thing. Hopefully, UBI is not wanting to have another release day patch and get roundly criticized again so have green-lighted GRIN to fix whatever needs fixing.

GRIN take your time and make it the best you can make it! I'll be happy to way a while longer for it.

I agree 100%. Grin, take your time.

That being said, I see Rocky posted it on the front page of the site. Does anyone know if it's a global delay, or is the US date still the end of June (as stated elsewhere)?

ZJJ already stated it went gold, so it must be related to the patch.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The date on the sales side has gone back to 12/07/2007.

Any delay is good news not bad, the demo may have shown up a thing or two that needed sorting.

hence thats why you don't put a demo out 3wks before release:)

Any delay is good news not bad, the demo may have shown up a thing or two that needed sorting.

In America that's translated to December 7th, 2007. Please tell me that the date is read as Euro July 12, 2007?

I need to go on record to say that I was wrong with my information regarding the game going gold. My humblest apologies to all. :blush:

I need to go on record to say that I was wrong with my information regarding the game going gold. My humblest apologies to all. :blush:
Frankly, good! I want v1.0 to be as solid and complete as possible before the first patch. And I would hope that Grin & Ubi appreciates our patience & understanding. Edited by Cangaroo.TNT

Im glad its been delayed as well. Id rather have the game working the way its supposed to, instead of having to patch to get it where it needs to be.

The first impression is everything, and if its a bad one... well, look at GRAW 1 for an example.

Just as long as they remember to put in random multiple spawn points in TDM. (hint, hint)

Oh... the random multiple spawn points should be for the team, not just random places, where you spawn by yourself, and have to search them out. The whole team should spawn together, in one of 4 random spots on the map... and you will have a huge winner on your hands. Promise you.

In America that's translated to December 7th, 2007. Please tell me that the date is read as Euro July 12, 2007?

Yes in America that would read December 7, 2007, but I would think that is in European format and is July 12, 2007, at least I hope.

Lets hope it's july. I have NEVER understood why anyone would want to pre-order a game, espically GRAW2, knowing that it will be delayed at least 3 times:) Any idea why it would be a good thing to do?

The only good thing I could see from pre-ordering any game is if a lot of peeple did it, it would show the publisher that the game will sell well and would be more willing to give it more support (patches, map packs, expansions, PR stuff (tournaments and the like). That and there are people who don't necessarily live that close to a store to go and buy it the day it comes out, so if they pre-order it they get the same day everybody else does.

I can confirm july 12th, got an official Ubi-mail....

The only good thing I could see from pre-ordering any game is if a lot of peeple did it, it would show the publisher that the game will sell well and would be more willing to give it more support (patches, map packs, expansions, PR stuff (tournaments and the like). That and there are people who don't necessarily live that close to a store to go and buy it the day it comes out, so if they pre-order it they get the same day everybody else does.

Yes I pre-ordered, and yes I hope I will have it july 12th, for express mail they charge 15 pound extra! So I hope Ubi is kind and sends it 4 days in advance..... :huh::o<_<

Yeah, I can defenately see that happening. I can understand ordering it because you can't get to a store, but pre-ordering just doesn't seem smart to me. There's never a guarantee that you'll get it on time, or even get it at all (GR2 for instance). I would hate to give my hard-earned money to a company without the guarantee of getting it on time. If it's late...soo sorry, no discount, ect. yuk

Play (in UK) have the release date changed to July 6th. This is only one weeks delay from the previous date of June 29th. A week longer is nothing. Who knows, the delay could even be with the duplication plant or similar!

Not a bad delay at all! Us stupid Americans had the date all wrong and thought it said December 7th or something like that haha. One week's delay is a much better record than a 6mo delay at the last minute.

I pre-ordered mine from EB Games for 2 reasons:

1) They only get a couple copies of PC titles (maybe only 4, fewer for less popular games). Since I can't stop by until I'm on the way home from work, there is too much time for those few copies to be sold.

2) At EB Games, you're just getting an in-store credit that you can use on ANYTHING, if you decide you don't want the game. So, UBI doesn't actually get the money.

The problem is UBI never even confirmed this yet. For all we know we're still getting it on time. EB still has it as shipping 6-26-07, and theres nothing on UBI's site as of yet.

And if they are still working on it then they are working on a patch, these games have most likely long since been finished sitting in a warehouse. Geez, remember that one magazine had a copy of it the beginning of this year so they could play it to make a review. Granted it could of been a special burned disk, but I'm betting UBI doesn't call their supplier a week before print up and tell them to print up several hundred thousand copies of this.

I'm still completely baffled as to why its so hard for UBI to use proper communication. They know the GHOST community is a speical individualized community. If they got on here and said hey guys sorry the games going to be a little late, bare with us.... It would go a long way in easing people's tensions. But they just blindly and coldly wait till the last minute and release a delay.

Oh. to comment to someone on why you would preorder games. The point of that is to make sure the store has a copy for you when it comes in so it doesn't sell out. and you can put down as little as $5 on a game, so no big deal.

UBI should start their own School Of Public Relations/Marketing. ;). I am not too worried about it though because no publisher wants to delay a game unless it's absolutely necessary though they want to increase their earnings for a partcular quarter. In this case June is the last month of this quarter so maybe they need some cash flow for the 3rd quarter. Who knows, either way it will be out shorty.

Relase is now begining of July 2007, not much of a delay really. The issues can't be that major.

So, for those who said it went gold and now the patch is in beta... did your souces mislead you, did you make an assumption, or did the situation just change after the fact? Poop happens so it's no biggy, I'm just try to asses weather or not the extra time is release day patch time or actual time spent changing the code that will be considered gold and shipped out on the disks.

I'm obsessed with knowing weather or not they think they have or had a good first release version, why I don't know but I am.

Edited by chilly-willy