Survival Tips, Strategies and Tactics..............

Stalker_Zero

I'm researching various ways to survive various combat situations which involve a total breakdown of society.

......no matter how improbable. Even so it still pays to be prepared. :thumbsup:

Anyway, from Max Brooks book "The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead" here are the top ten things to consider in such a survival situation:

Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack:

1. Organize before they rise!

2. They feel no fear, why should you?

3. Use your head: cut off theirs.

4. Blades don't need reloading.

5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.

6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.

7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.

8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!

9. No place is safe, only safer.

10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.

You can buy the book at amazon.com if you want to learn more. Do you guys have any thoughts or tips on the subject of surviving a carnivorous zombie hoarde? :blink:

Edited by Stalker_Zero

:o=

I say bring them on... i'm young, quick, got lots of guns, lots of ammo, and a couple swords, and even an axe. What slow ass zombie would stand a chance?? Good advice about the stair case though... run up it, then set a bomb and run into a different room to prevent chase!! I like it..

notld-me_shot3l.jpg

I say bring them on... i'm young, quick, got lots of guns, lots of ammo, and a couple swords, and even an axe. What slow ass zombie would stand a chance??

Maybe the 500,000th that came after you? The issue with theoretical zombie situations isn't that any single one is a threat, just the great volume of them.

So does that book say how they move so fast while only walking? I've always wondered how the victim can run for miles and the zombie walks and still beats them around the corner.

So does that book say how they move so fast while only walking? I've always wondered how the victim can run for miles and the zombie walks and still beats them around the corner.

Well the book says something I don't agree with and that is that zombies move relatively slow. I think they can move fast when they want to especially when they lunge for your throat! :o

But what I do agree about zombies with the book so far is that they move without coordination. And that while they say they don't move fast I agree when they say that zombies have incredible stamina.

Zombies don't get tired. There is no lactic acid that slows their muscles down and they don't have any pain sensors. So they can do things beyond what normal humans can do in certain areas. If it is true that they move slow it would still be bad for us because as we are running for our lives we will eventually get tired. But the zombies will continue to come after us with a steady, never ending pace. :huh:

So they can push themselves till their muscles literally tear apart.

Good for us though that means they will eventually break down over time because zombies can't heal the tears in their muscles like living humans can.

Edited by Stalker_Zero

the great volume of them.

That's the point where you deploy your flamethrower.

I'm not sure how helpful that be since they don't feel pain. Perhaps if the fire damages enough brain tissue then you can take out the zombie you targeted.

Yeah, fire's an awful way to fight zombies. Even if it works, and you light a hundred, thats 100 stumbling, flaming torches ready to set the city you're in on fire. Not exactly an ideal situation.

Stalker, if you like Max Brooks' writing, check out World War Z -- it's a fictional history of a zombie apocalypse, really well put together.

the great volume of them.

That's the point where you deploy your flamethrower.

I'm not sure how helpful that be since they don't feel pain. Perhaps if the fire damages enough brain tissue then you can take out the zombie you targeted.

Yeah, fire's an awful way to fight zombies. Even if it works, and you light a hundred, thats 100 stumbling, flaming torches ready to set the city you're in on fire. Not exactly an ideal situation.

Stalker, if you like Max Brooks' writing, check out World War Z -- it's a fictional history of a zombie apocalypse, really well put together.

I was skimming through the latest chapters and I think he threw in a section about World War Z. So I think I will get the...meat...of it.....get it? :P

And more about flamethrowers lemme type in a quick excerpt from the book:

"......Finally, at five meters, we used the last bit of fuel in the flamethrower! The sons of bitches lit up like torches but just wouldn't stop! One of them grabbed [Name Withheld], setting him on fire as it bit through his neck. I saw the rest of those things surround him as we took off for the jungle, a mob of burning bodies squatting down to tear another screamin human torch apart. godamn the devil's mother, what the hell were we supposed to do!?!"

---serbian mercenary during the Zairian civil war, 1994 :unsure:

Edited by Stalker_Zero

OK then, so if the flamethrower would be largely ineffective, a sledgehammer or pick axe would be the best option. Either will definitely damage/rupture the brain tissue real good. Failing that, a chainsaw should do just the trick in close combat against a group of them.

OK then, so if the flamethrower would be largely ineffective, a sledgehammer or pick axe would be the best option. Either will definitely damage/rupture the brain tissue real good. Failing that, a chainsaw should do just the trick in close combat against a group of them.

You're getting closer -- sledgehammers and pickaxes are lethal and effective, but slow, and take a lot of room to swing. Chainsaws are good, but you risk hurting yourself with them, and they need fuel.

Remember that you need to be mobile, and capable of fighting in close quarters, with minimum exposure to enemy attacks (bite = zombified, so...)

Your ideal fighting style would be something more like fencing -- it only takes one solid jab, and the ghouls aren't exactly alive enough to be adept at dodging. :)

Also gotta be something you can carry -- you never know when four zombies (easy enough to execute without exposing yourself, like killing ants) can turn into a thousand right behind the corner. Scavenging for a weapon is dangerous, since a zombie may be caught/lost in any structure, so you're safest just keeping something effective with you when you need to run.

edit: I don't think too much about this, guys, really. :unsure: