Field of view / Widescreen issue

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Paddy, just want to say those are sweet widescreen images you posted. Did you ever get GRAW 1 running faster on your quad core?

Hey ... glad you lke the shots ... GRAW is awesome in TripleHead ...

GRAW 2 (being so much better that GRAW) could be (IMHO ... as I like most of us here have always loved GR games) THE BEST game to date if GRIN fix this FOV issue ... ;)

I gave up with the 7950's (I gave em to a couple of friends) and bought a couple of 8800's ...

Being a moderator on the WSGF ... I have a good insight to games and Widescreen ...

Most top game developers and publishers now include good WS support in their games ...

EA are about the worst ... they just don't like Widescreen and most of their games don't do WS very well if at all.

Most games that do not do good Widescreen are usually hacked in some way to get better WS but there are a few where it just doesn't seem possible.

Recently when STALKER was first released it had the exact same problem that GRAW 2 has (currently) with the top and the bottom of the view being cut off rather than an increase in the horizontal FOV ... the problem was highlighted on their games forums and they fixed it in a patch ... :D

To date GRIN games have done true Widescreen and even TripleHead ...

Ballistics

Bandits: Phoenix Rising

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

So come on GRIN make us all happy ... please see if you can fix this FOV issue before release ... :rocky:

Uhum, when reading in this thread I just thought they just brought with them the horrible fov from GRAW 1, did they actually make it even worse? I am confused now.

It's probably about the same for 4:3 and 5:4, but widescreen players got 4:3 with the top and bottom cut off, so for us, it's actually a little worse.

I don't want to frighten anyone with WS away from the demo; it's not unplayable -- just uncomfortable, unnecessary, and unacceptable. Other than this one WS issue, a number of bugs, and maybe some tweaking to the weapon attributes, this game is a winner.

Also, Ichabod has already said they're looking at this problem, so I don't know that we do need any bumps. We spoke. They responded. They're looking at this issue. I'm grateful, and that's enough for me for the time being. :thumbsup:

Also, Ichabod has already said they're looking at this problem, so I don't know that we do need any bumps. We spoke. They responded. They're looking at this issue. I'm grateful, and that's enough for me for the time being. :thumbsup:

I concurr.

90% of the battle is just knowing that they have acknowledged. Beyond that, there is nothing left to do but hope they can find a solution and the resources to provide it.

p.p.s and don't forget the double cursor..

Viiip...buddy....they already told you not to Alt + Tab! out of game! You gotta shut the thing down if ya wanna check your TS :P

The Alt+Tab Double-Curser is a 50/50 thing for me. Sometimes there's a curser and sometimes not.

Right. Me too. Look at Mr. Funcky's post. That is worth thesting to verify as a work around. He says that alt-tabbing while in the 3D engine mode (Game play or deathcan, as apposed to being in the interface), you won't get the double cursor.

Also, is nice to know TS overlay is working. I'll have to give that a try.

Although this is all off topic (sorry PaddyWak) Work around for a bug, no problem, but if it remains, no thankyou, I can work around it, do not ALT-TAB like Grin said/ then said do alt-tab for a FPS issue re SLI. If you do not have this problem, then your probably not sympathetic but if you do, you know it's a bummer. I alt-tab to Teamspeam, to start fraps, to surf when board in the lobby waiting. I alt-tab nearly every other game and never seen a double cursor till now.

As for Wide-screen, this is another one that needs abit of attention, otherwise alot of players are going to have, potentially the years best tactical game ruined. I personally have 2 friends on 4:3 and more than a dozen on 16:10 if anything, fix WS and short-cut 4:3 and make the majority happy ?

quick fix.