WytchDokta CamoPack v2

Introduction

The long anticipated update for my original CamoPack is nearing completion. So let's get this show on the road:

What's New In v2?

Alot. Prepare for a long read.

First off, most all skins from v1.0 included (minus one omission, which has been revised and renamed), but re-saved in .psd format. The .psd format will also load up in Paintshop Pro 8 and higher.

Fixes:

• British DPM woodland & desert skins now have the correct trouser pockets.
  • On the [former] Czechoslovakia "Mlok" skin the trouser pockets have been replaced with the correct ones.
  • Russian tigerstripe skin now has the correct trouser pockets.
  • Most all of the original camo uniforms have now had their hue & saturation/brightness & contrast adjusted to give a more used look to the uniforms.

Layout:

• The folder structure has been completely revised. This is to provide ease of use to the end-user. The following folders can be found within the zip archive: Flags and Uniforms. While the 'Uniforms' folder is self explanitory, the 'Flags' folder houses all the countries flags (worn primarily on the arms) of most of the nations which I've done the camo uniforms for in this mod (the flags are custom painted by me). Inside the 'Uniforms' folder you will find another folder entitled 'Headgear', this is where you will find the headgear of most all of the nations I've done camo for, with my camos applied to that headgear. For most of the camo uniforms there are two different types of headgear to choose from. There may also be a bonus content folder too.

Revisions:

• British DPM colouration
  • Dutch DPM woodland pattern.
  • Generic olive drab.
  • Generic tan
  • USMC MARPAT woodland & desert patterns
  • US Tigerstripe woodland (formerly named Vietnam_tigerstripe(.rsb)

Additions:

Now for the fun bit. This is only a proposed list and might not represent the final list of added uniforms when the 'mod' is released. If anything, there would only be one or two, if that, omissions from this list.

• Bosnian green woodland
  • Burkina Faso
  • Czech "Balkan" woodland
  • Dutch DPM
  • ERDL desert
  • French "Central Europe"
  • French "Forest"
  • French "Lizard"
  • Generic black
  • Generic blue
  • Generic grey
  • Generic olive drab #2
  • Generic white
  • German Alpentarn
  • German DDR "Needles/Rain"
  • German DDR "Sagezahnmuster"
  • Greek/Cyprus tigerstripe
  • Italian 1929 "Mimetico"
  • Italian woodland
  • Japanese Defence Forces (JDF) flecktarn
  • New Zealand DPM
  • Polish "Amoeba" woodland
  • Polish "Amoeba" desert
  • Polish 1950's "Rain"
  • Portuguese brushstroke
  • Rumanian leaf
  • Russian M21
  • Russian Navy pattern
  • South African Police desert
  • US 3-color desert
  • US Desert "Choc Chip"
  • US Desert NightOps
  • US Mitchell Recto
  • US Mitchell Verso
  • US "Tigerpat" desert
  • US "Tigerpat" universal
  • US "Tigerpat" universal SpecOps
  • US "Tigerpat" woodland
  • US tigerstripe desert
  • US tigerstripe night
  • US tigerstripe urban
  • US tigerstripe woodland
  • USMC "T-PAT" urban
  • USMC "MARPAT"
  • USMC "MARPAT" desert
  • USMC "MARPAT" urban
  • WD "Blobbytarn"
  • WD "Brictarn"
  • WD "Chexcam"
  • WD "Ectoplasm Prototype M1"
  • WD "Ectoplasm Prototype M2"
  • WD "Grasscam"
  • WD "Leopard"
  • WD "POSTMANPAT"
  • WD "Snake"
  • WD "Tiger"
  • WD "Urban"
  • WD "Wolf"
  • WD "Zebra"

Although it's nearing completion, it might be another week or so before it's done yet for a couple of reasons:

• Firstly, unlike nearly all the other skin modders, I paint each skin by hand instead of setting the skin on a new layer and adjusting opacity etc. My method takes alot longer than the methods of other skinners, but it allows me to go into greater detail whereby I rotate the pattern to various different angles (not something you can do very well realisticly with tigerstripe, i.e, rotate tigerstripe to 45 degrees.... It doesn't work, the real life pattern looks nothing like that) for pockets, pockets flaps etc.
  • Secondly, I start my new job on Friday morning so getting settled in will take away some of my modding time.

I'll post some screens later, I can't right now I I'm working my way through the US tigerstripe patterns mentioned above.

All of my camo are belong to you

~WD

Edited by WytchDokta

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Great to hear WD.

Looking forward to the new camos. Did you get around to correcting the tint of green in 3 color desert? Cant wait to see bonus content and headgear either =).

Theres also one more variant of tigerstripe I think you missed "Asian Tigerstripe" (Which I like better than normal tigerstripe go-figure)

How do you manage to do all this and still do a mod of your own and Help other ppl with there mods :blink:

The force is strong in me.

What I haven't told you is that I have another 'mod' up my sleeve, that will be ready to go shortly after WDCP v2. If you can call it a mod.... 'Ghost Recon For Life' is around 70% completed. :whistle:

If you add the new camos to those in the original CamoPack, that makes 102 camo uniforms by my count. I want to try and bump this up to 105. I'll start by adding the Waffen SS 'Oakleaf' camos to the [re]mix. If I can manage to adjust the colouration of the Norwegian woodland pattern successfully, I will be able to add Norwegian desert too. The French CE uniform will have new wrinkles based on their real life current issue jackets - two zipped upper pockets and no lower pockets.

@ Foxtrot, yes, the greenish tint is fixed. Also, you can't 'see' the bonus content as such. Think about it. :thumbsup:

All of my camo are belong to you

Sorry for the delay in posting up some pics - I start the new job at 10 this morning so I've been getting everything ready for that. Looks like I'll be finishing at 6PM, so I'll try to get some pics posted some time shortly after that (all times are GMT)

I might have to omit the digital tigerstripe ('Tigerpat') patterns as mine don't look too good compared to the real thing, and my swatches don't tile realistically (they're not quite 100% seamless). I could fix that but I could also spend that time finishing the rest of the uniforms, of which I'd rather do the latter.

tigerstripe_des.jpg

ectoplasm_pm1.jpg

tigerstripe_ngt.jpg

ectoplasm_pm2.jpg

tigerstripe_ubn.jpg

usmc_ubn.jpg

tigerstripe_wdl.jpg

3clr_des.jpg

6clr_des.jpg

I think my 6 colour desert pattern is too small perhaps? 'Ectoplasm' is a viscou substance that ghosts (real life ones, not GR ones) are supposedly made of. My 'Ectoplasm' range camos are made up of all things like bits of grass, leaves, mud etc. When worn, you'll be pratically invisible like a ghost, hence the name 'Ectoplasm'

Edited by WytchDokta

Cool stuff as we have come to expect from you

Thanks. The original Ectoplasm renditions did not have any of the brownish colours in them, there were just varying shades of green, so I added a sepia filter to bring out the browner colours in order to breaks the green colours up a bit.

WytchDokta is the master

Hey, what's with the Tau font?

Hehe, I was wondering how long it be before someone noticed that. Showing its presence on my camos has a double meaning - there are a few forum members among you who are aware that I'm working on a mod for DoW (and that the Tau Empire feature in the DC [standalone] expansion pack for the game). So it serves an additional purpose than just text.

It's not me playing hard to get, rather it's a case of reading between the lines.

Edited by WytchDokta

Looks like I was mistaken on the Portugese brushstroke. This swatch has a more bluish tint to it, so I think it's probably meant to be Cuban brushtroke or possibly Brazilian brushstroke. I've been able to re-colour the Russian Naval Infantry swatch into Ukranian woodland 'forest pattern' camo(/Russian Naval Infantry green variation) swatch. Using the same method (which involves heavy hue, saturation & lightness editing aswell as colour re-balancing. A bit of jiggery pokery combining both works wonders), I've also been able to create the Ukranian urban pattern.

@Hammer, OK I'm on it.

Edited by WytchDokta

Update:

• Former Czechoslovakia 'Mlok' (Salamander) colouration adjusted.
  • Russian 'Tigr' (Tigerstripe) colouration adjusted.
  • Ukranian 'TTsKO' green variant added
  • Ukranian 'TTsKO' blue urban (type 2) added
  • French 'Centre Europe' removed as my pattern isn't quite correct; the pattern reapeats itself too much in such a small area.
  • Austrian snow camo added. I don't know the name of this camo, it's base colour is white and it has blue and brown patterns over it.

More pics inbound. I should have all the headgear finished today. After that it won't be long until I've finished the rest of the uniforms.

The CamoPack currently stands at 47MB!

Edited by WytchDokta

All of the flags are complete; there are a total of 29 flags from 27 countries (2 countries have 2 flag shape variants - one the normal rectangular shape and one the shield shape). Each flag was hand made and painted by myself. I wasn't able to do flags for all the countries whose camos I've featured in the CamoPack (try making stars less than one pixel in size for the US/AU/NZ flags etc - it's impossible), so I've also included flags of the countries whose camos don't feature in this mod.

Roughly three quaters of all the headgear skins are completed and just less than three quaters of the uniforms are completed. This whole thing is currently standing at 51MB.

Keep watching my sig quotes up until release of this mod for clues as to what the Bonus Content in this mod is.

Edited by WytchDokta

eS, my PM inbox is full (damn requests for models/camos etc) so I won't recieve the PM. And as I stated before, I'm not entirely sure it's Portuguese brushstroke. It might be Cuban brushstroke. It's not really the correct colour to be the Portuguese brushstroke, but I can try swapping the colours.

Checked it out - what I have here is the Brazilian brushstroke.

What I have done is modify the hue, saturation and lightness of the French Lizard uniform, as well as adding colour balancing filtres and through this I have managed to create the Portugues brush stroke. So, it uses the same base uniform as the French Lizard but has more of a lime tint, where as the French Lizard has more of lighter lime/yellow tint. IRL, all that seems to be different between the two is the colouration. Portugues marine wear British DPM woodland? If so, there's no need for me to create Portuguese DPM as you can use the British DPM.

I have to get this thing done within the next few weeks because in the next few months the French military are adopting a new woodland camo patter, so I'll need to update the CamoPack again.

Additions:

• Austrian 'Pea' pattern

• Danish M/84

• Hungarian 'Pakistani' desert pattern

• Norwegian Airforce/Danish experimental 'puzzle'

• Polish 'Pantera Pustynna'

• Polish urban flecktarn

• Portuguese 'Lizard'

• Russian M21 'City-1'

• Russian winter woodland

• Swiss TASS 83

• Serbia/Former Yugoslavia Tigerstripe

• US brown ERDL

Fixes:

• Portuguese Lizard - after creating the entire skin, I realised that the brushstroke (Lizard) should have been rotated 90 degrees clockwise first, because the Portuguese brushstroke (Lizard) is a lot more vertical (almost 90 degrees) than the French brush stroke (Lizard)

• Base camo pattern added to WD POSTMANPAT - previously, it was just plain blue, now it's got blue camo.

I want to try to adjust the colouration of the Yugoslav jigsaw pattern to reflect that of the Slovenian jigsaw and Serbian Special Police 'blue jigsaw' patterns.

Do you guys and girls wanna see more pics of my work or do you wanna wait until this is released?

Edited by WytchDokta