Ghost Recon.net Forums

Hey I don't know if any of you have the Discovery Times channel but I was watching it On Demand with Comcast and it had a two-piece special called "Gamer Generation" and I gotta say: I thought I was into games but those people make it a life and sometimes a job. This one guy has a company called "Power Level" or something and what it does is people who want to level up, pay other people to do it for them and this one lady went from like a Level 30 in City of Heroes to a Level 40 like that. It was Romanians that did it for her. And there's a place in Norway where people from all over the world can meet and play together. This one guy met all his squad members there and it was like over 5000 people. And the hardcore gamers in South Korea are sex symbols over there. Not to mention they have a gaming addiction over there. And people in Syria get pirated games and when they were showing some of the games it showed GRAW and I was like "Hey! I play that game!" But it's real bad over there cause the kids over there got so mad about games that made you kill Arabs that some Syrian guy made a game that put you in the shoes of a young Palestinian and you had to kill Israelis and Jews and that made them actually wanna do it for real. But yeah there were a lot of parts in that show that made me say "######?" It showed some Ubisoft games' footage but no GRAW. All you saw of GRAW was the cover. but if anybody ever gets a chance you should check that documentary out.

• 5 weeks later...

I think its a good documentary myself, just looking at Part 1 and plan on staying the next hour for Part 2. It goes from a variety of gaming related subjects and in cool transition.

It saddens me to know I might get slower gaming as I get older though :(.

on a negative note it features that idiot Jack Thompson in one segment.

Edited by Foxtrot360

on a negative note it features that idiot Jack Thompson in one segment.

You know, it used to be that I wasn't really bothered by Jack Thompson. I considered him somewhat of a harmless (if rather annoying) loon. He didn't like video games, which was fair enough, though he was perhaps a bit too eager to get on TV.

That changed with the Virginia Tech shooting. The bodies of the victims weren't even cold (and I mean, literally, the bodies weren't cold yet), when Thompson appeared on a news channel (Fox I think, but I'm not sure) "explaining" how the police would search the killers belongings, looking for video games, because games were surely to blame for this.

At that moment, Jack Thompson (in my mind) stopped being an essentially harmless loon and became a cold blooded something-something (I can't think of a term that doesn't set off the swear filter), willing to blatantly exploit others peoples misery to further his own goals. It reminded me of the people who sold "Space Shuttle Fireworks" (a space shuttle-shaped fireworks rocket that would take off and explode) just after the Challenger space shuttle disaster.

Respectfully

krise madsen

And the hardcore gamers in South Korea are sex symbols over there.

:rofl: Oh lord. Sounds like an episode of Futurama. Over here they would be the comic book guy from the Simpsons.

The documetary sounds interesting though, I'd like to check it out.

Edited by Brettzies

:rofl: Oh lord. Sounds like an episode of Futurama. Over here they would be the comic book guy from the Simpsons.

That is freaking hilarious. I can totally see that happening... :D

New Futurama episodes coming

...when I play I feel like sex symbol. :whistle:

They had a documentary about that here on TV some time ago, it was f'n hilarious. There are live tournaments in front of a cheering audience consisting of young girls that black out when they see those 2 dudes sitting in front of their PCs and playing StarCraft. These skinny 17-year old gamers must be some kinda Justin Timberlake over there.

And there's big companies in South Korea that have their own gaming team, like big companies here sponsor a football team or what ever. These dudes earn money for gaming!! But to be good they have to do 8 hours of "training" a day.

:rofl:

CC