Ghost Recon.net Forums

RivetTracker v0.1 Beta Test

Hi all,

Dunno if people would be interested in this but...

I've been working hard on a modified version of PHPBT Tracker. It's a bittorrent tracker that uses MySQL and PHP. I changed a few things around and added some features. Anyway, I think it's ready for beta testing and it would be great if I could get some people to try it. Here's a link to download it:

http://www.rivetcode.com/files/rivettracke...beta_0_1.tar.gz

If you find any bugs, please let me know.

Here is what I would like to add in the future:

-check file size limit for add torrent and DumpTorrentCGI.php, use Apache LimitRequestBody or something else in PHP?

-make speed calculation accurate

-check why seeds sometimes go negative

-add page in admin section where user can edit torrents and values already in database

-additional authentication and security procedures to prevent injection attacks

This last issue might be important. Right now I'm just using a session check for the admin authentication, not sure if that is secure or not...

If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's tracker software. Basically, when you download a .torrent file, your BT client connects to the tracker and the tracker sends back information on other people who already have the file or who are downloading it currently. Then your client is able to connect to them and start grabbing the file(s). It's nice because it often can cut down on bandwidth needs for people who want to distribute large files (for example Linux ISO distributions). And since everyone is downloading and uploading at the same time you usually get pretty good speeds as long as there are enough people.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A new version of RivetTracker has been released:

http://www.rivetcode.com/software/rivettracker/

Old versions should be considered obsolete and need to be updated. If you are upgrading, zip up all the torrents you have and do a complete reinstall. Then use the zip upload page to reinitialize your torrents into the database. This version changed a lot of code and as such I am looking for bugs and security vulnerabilities. If you find any, please let me know.

Changelog:

---Version 0.999---

-Fixed bug where RSS feed was being displayed in header when it was disabled

-Fixed rounding error in statistics.php where user was being shown as 100% done when they are only almost done (99.6%)

-Changed display of bytes transferred on index.php page to correct units, before it defaulted to GB

-Added check for stalled download in runSpeed() function

-Fixed error where speed was set to 0 if seeders == 0, not always the case, can still be downloading even if there are no seeders (partial d/l)

-took out repair statement in sanity.php and sanity_no_output.php

-Added CSS page where you can change/swap/create CSS files and examine colors with the color picker

-Added batch upload of torrents via ZIP file

-Added help link to index.php

-Used htmlspecialchars on inputs in order to prevent code injection

-Added javascript row select in delete page

-Fixed delete bug, URL bug

-Added MySQL table prefix option

-Sanitized some inputs (still more?), this way if someone gets your admin password they won't be able to execute malicious code

• 2 weeks later...

It's finally here. RivetTracker v1.0 has been released after months of work. Any updates from here on will probably be bug fixes. Please report all problems either on the forums or the contact page.

http://www.rivetcode.com/software/rivettracker/

Latest changes:

-Changed database engine from default MyISAM to InnoDB, hopefully this will prevent table crashes

-Changed CSS files

-Changed session authentication to more secure method, does not store username or MD5 anymore

-Passwords are now no longer stored in cleartext in the config.php file, they are computed as md5(username.password)