When is "soon" for you in regards to demo?

I am less interested in when they release the demo and more interested in what the demo contains.

No matter what, I'll download it and play it. But since I was on the Beta, I would prefer that the demo contain at least one section of single player and/or coop. just like the original GRAW1PC demo did.

If the demo is nothing more than the RvA Beta all patched up, I'll still mess with it to see how many bugs they squashed, but I probably wont do much more than that since I'm pretty tired of that one single map.

Sleepdoc

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me "soon" means later today, tomorrow, or at most somtime this week. If it's longer than that I use the phrase "a couple of weeks" or "a few weeks"... couple being two and few being three. If it's longer than that I graduate to the term "month" or "months"... again using couple or few if needed. If we pass the "few months" threshold I then move to the dreaded "later this year" or I use the seasons "this summer" or "next spring".

I'm hoping for on or about the 1st of june.

I am less interested in when they release the demo and more interested in what the demo contains.

No matter what, I'll download it and play it. But since I was on the Beta, I would prefer that the demo contain at least one section of single player and/or coop. just like the original GRAW1PC demo did.

If the demo is nothing more than the RvA Beta all patched up, I'll still mess with it to see how many bugs they squashed, but I probably wont do much more than that since I'm pretty tired of that one single map.

Sleepdoc

I agree. I liked the idea of the RvA :thumbsup: , but it would've been nicer to have played it on a diffenet map. That map could very easily have been in GRAW1. TvT in GRAW/GRAW2 still doesn't make me want to come back for more, so i'm praying for a co-op demo. With PR version 0.6 on the horizon, this demo is going to have to do a whole lot of convincing to get me to stop playing PR.

To me "soon" means later today, tomorrow, or at most somtime this week. If it's longer than that I use the phrase "a couple of weeks" or "a few weeks"... couple being two and few being three. If it's longer than that I graduate to the term "month" or "months"... again using couple or few if needed. If we pass the "few months" threshold I then move to the dreaded "later this year" or I use the seasons "this summer" or "next spring".

I'm hoping for on or about the 1st of june.

You are way too specific. You have no future as a salesman, politician, or executive. :rofl:

On fileplanet download manager it said :Est.date available:Wed,Jun 20,2007.

RPG...

Quit worrying about relwase dates rpghard. Your job is **not** to play. It is to design tons of amazing new maps and missions with multiple, non linear objectives (assuming they fixed that bug in tehir new SDK) using whatever the new tools they intend to release. If I so much as catch you even reading the key card your in big trouble fella. Start designing now.

0:)

LOL. Keep those maps (and hopefully whole coop missions with objectives) coming when GRAW2PC comes out. We are all counting on you. your last stuff added months of great play to GRAW1. I think if it were not for you and a couple of others, the game would have ended for me a few months earlier. You certainly got better and better over time creating fair fights and setting up enemies in "non video game" types of ways. Some of your maps are the best I have ever played in [GR].

So like i was saying. Don't you worry about playing.....

On fileplanet download manager it said :Est.date available:Wed,Jun 20,2007.

I will be pessimistic and go with this date... DL manager for filplanet says exactly that.

It is to design tons of amazing new maps and missions with multiple, non linear objectives (assuming they fixed that bug in tehir new SDK) using whatever the new tools they intend to release.

That is already possible in GRAW1 as long as you make a real Coop or SP mission. So I would guess it's in there. ;)

It is to design tons of amazing new maps and missions with multiple, non linear objectives (assuming they fixed that bug in tehir new SDK) using whatever the new tools they intend to release.

That is already possible in GRAW1 as long as you make a real Coop or SP mission. So I would guess it's in there. ;)

Hmmm. If this is correct, then why have I not seen a single mission coop stlye mission made in the mod community?

It was my understanding that the mission coop type missions had an objective accomplished bug that prevented singple player type missions from beng created.

Please explain.

Hmmm. If this is correct, then why have I not seen a single mission coop stlye mission made in the mod community?

It was my understanding that the mission coop type missions had an objective accomplished bug that prevented singple player type missions from beng created.

Please explain.

Play "the longest yard" out of the mod section. It's [GR] style. Objective is to reach the end of the road. On the way there are other "obejectives as you can't get past a few snipers, RPG's, Tanks and choppers without killing them.

Please explain.

Play "the longest yard" out of the mod section. It's [GR] style. Objective is to reach the end of the road. On the way there are other "obejectives as you can't get past a few snipers, RPG's, Tanks and choppers without killing them.

I think I see the confusion here. I am talking about the ability to make "mission coop" style missions (the single player type that can be played in coop mode also). Not [GR] coop missions. Mission coop is distinguished from [GR] by its ability to have 3 AI freindlies go with you, and issue orders to them (or issue orders to their human replacements). It is further distinguished by access to such elements as control over the UAV, air strikes and even the ability to use the satellite view and tactical mission map. It is this type of mission, with objectives, that I am hoping will be creatable by modders. All these elements are non existent in [GR] coop.

Is this hope unfounded? I could have sworn that there was a discussion at one point that these "mission coop" style missions (sinple player type missions) were not possible to be created in GRAW 1 PC but modders should be able to create these in GRAW 2 PC.

I could have sworn that there was a discussion at one point that these "mission coop" style missions (sinple player type missions) were not possible to be created in GRAW 1 PC but modders should be able to create these in GRAW 2 PC.

You could in GRAW as well. Just have to make them as "override" maps. So you have to use the local folder, can't put them in a bundle like [GR] and other MP modes. [GR] can have that as well, but there is a flaw in some of the script commands implemented in patch 1.35. that gives this capability so that they don't work on dedicated servers in [GR], sadly. So only works if someone hosts them in [GR].

I made a mission but didn't have time to do the final design tests on it, but I know it works in MP. I've passed it on to another member of the community some weeks ago so we'll see if it arrives to the community or not.

It should be easier in GRAW2 though from what I understand. The mission list was hardcoded in GRAW1, which is why you had to implement such mod missions as overrides or you couldn't select them in the mission list.

EDIT: What you've herd is the "nay" crowd that complains that you can't do everything exactly like you can in GR1.

Edited by Wolfsong

@ GRIN - is the estimated availability date on the Fileplanet Download manager accurate? Are they completely off base? I know you probably can't commit to an answer, but an obscure hint would fuel the debate. :seehearspeak:

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

@ GRIN - is the estimated availability date on the Fileplanet Download manager accurate? Are they completely off base? I know you probably can't commit to an answer, but an obscure hint would fuel the debate. :seehearspeak:

Release date for the Demo and way of releasing it is all in the hands of UBI, not Grin. Just like it was with the Beta release date and organization. UBI does all the marketing.

Release date for the Demo and way of releasing it is all in the hands of UBI, not Grin. Just like it was with the Beta release date and organization. UBI does all the marketing.

Well aware of that. Who do you think is going to create the demo? Not Ubi. Just a facetious question I asked, in the hopes of maybe getting a hint to a more specific release time.