How many people still check these Forums?

"View New Posts" works for all forums. :)

I don't post much but I'm here on a daily basis because there is still so much work going on by the community which is a great thing. (I'm not a modder or anything, just like to see whats there).

Like most people I do the "new posts" thing, however, I actively ignore most threads that feature the word "GRAW"

I think I know where you're going with this thread though, I'm sure there are many of us still modding for GR who would like an idea of how large an interest there is still in it.

But, interest comes with product, and at the moment, the product in the news is GRAW 2.

When Centcom was released there was a huge buzz over it. To keep an interest in the game, it's up to people like ourselves to keep the product on track..................

That was what you were asking, right? :rofl:

(BTW, nice idea with your Golden Triangle thing) ;)

:blink: As i work from home on the PC i always have the forum page open in the background and update it every couple of hours ( sad isn't it ) but like Phlookian i ignore must posts that start with GRAW apart from the few that have any real content. I still play GR and i am trying to get into more modding for the game ( Thanks to Tinker ) :yes::thumbsup:

The GR liberation front is still very much active, as is Ghost Recon still very much alive. There's still more to come from the Dok's Klinik and the man they've started to refer to as 'Dokta Phrankenstein' due to his unique way of dismembering and re-assembling character models (Phlook & CC know what I'm talking about)

Ghost Recon is your religion, Ghost Recon is your master, Ghost Recon is the way.

GR.net seems to always be an open tab whenever I fire up Opera. Without that tab open there is a void.

It's wierd, because another tab that always seems to be open in Opera for me when I start it up is the one with the profiles for all those Scandinavian chicks.

We ride together, we die together, Ghost Recon for life.

It's fairly safe to say that most of everyone who you seen in the online list use the view new posts feature, and see the titles of new posts in here.

A more realistics way to gauge interest in a new project would be to check how many new posts there are in the [GR] forums, or how many downloads are made from the GR1 section of the downloads database each day, that's always a good indicator.

A more realistics way to gauge interest in a new project would be to check how many new posts there are in the [GR] forums, or how many downloads are made from the GR1 section of the downloads database each day, that's always a good indicator.

Yeah, because I come here every day to download mods that i've already had for years. ;)

Yeah, because I come here every day to download mods that i've already had for years. ;)

It's how many downloads of the newer releases that Lighty's interested in - that'll be the best way to gauge how many downloads is upcoming pack would likely see. You do still download new releases (thin on the ground as they are) don't you? :thumbsup:

For example, the last major weapon pack was a few weeks ago, and today the downloads for that are 900+ those from other sites, so well over 1000.

You had me thinking there for a minute though lol.

A lot less often than I'd like - and that goes for modding and even playing too, at the moment - but WytchDocta's "Ghost Recon for life" says it all...

:thumbsup:

BTW Lighty - any risk of you releasing your late great SP tourney missions as an SP campaign? Or did I blink for a week or two and miss it?

:o

Keep the faith, y'all...

Theo

Edited by TheoRetiKule

I sent Rocky the SP pack - he just has to upload it.

I also did a conversion of it into COOP so that you could play it with a few friends - it hasnt been tested but I cant see why it wouldnt work - in addition, the more coopers in it, the more ai spawn in.

I'd love the rest of the GR players to try it - it worked out really well in the end and a true test for sp.

I'm hoping that with the right promotion for GT, I might be able to hit up some old GR dwellings to get ppl to have another crack at it and restimulate the community.

L.

BTW Lighty - any risk of you releasing your late great SP tourney missions as an SP campaign? Or did I blink for a week or two and miss it?

I have it here, planning on adding it to the downloads tomorrow.

WytchDocta's "Ghost Recon for life" says it all...

I actually have the edited audio from badboys 2 where he says what I quoted, albeit, I edited out the 'baboys' bit and replaced with the woman from the GR training saying 'Ghost Recon' (it's not just mish mash editing either, I dubbed out part of it so you can still hear the music in the background while she says 'Ghost Recon'. Why did I do this? Ghost Recon is the answer, that is why.

I check it as least a couple times a week if not more. GR is still one of the best games out there, GR2 and GRAW, they are not bad, but when they made GR, they just did everything right, maybe got lucky, but I'll be playing it for a long time, and hope downloading mods too :pirate:

I still check the forums every few months. I love GR and have downloaded a couple of campaign mods today that I'll have a go at over the weekend. GRAW was such a let down for me - but I'm going to reinstall GR and plough through some mods again.

Hope everyone is well.