Dissapointed with GRAW2 PC

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, it's a game. You kill many people, you respawn, your teammates resurrect each mission. Why not make one mission where you can man a powerfull gun and relax for lil bit ?

- It's a game isn't really a good argument for using mini guns or helicopters.

It's a realistic game... or at least tries to be realistic. GRIN could put jet packs or nuclear hand grenades in the game but that wouldn't make the game realistic. Realism is what makes Ghost Recon games so great. There are tons of other shooters out there that are less realistic but got bigger audiences, like BF2.

Agreed :rocky:

Being disapointed with GRAW II from a beta/single map/limited version/ Minimum Players is really using poor judgment.

Its like saying I dont like that screen shot I wont buy the game.

Graw II will be so much more than what we see as a mere beta test.

Its a spec of what is in the game, and what can be done within the game.

Be more patient and see what comes next before making up minds.

I have to agree here. I am most confident this is more the game GRIN wanted to make. They had a whole year to finetune and enhance the game to their and UBI's idea's.Judge it when a full copy has been reviewed or played by yourself (demo).

I think it is to early to shoot the bird while it is still in GRIN's hands.

Cheeriozz.

You have to admit that playing nothing but urban maps gets rather boring. The one thing I really enjoyed about [GR] was we had urban, jungle, swamp and forrest and mountains. GRAW and GRAW2 nothing but urban.

The other thing that really ticks me off was the fact that small litte inclines that a 5 year old could easily navigate are a no go for the elite ghosts.

While I played BF2 and 2142 and enjoyed them for what they were the main thing I hated was the bunny hopping garbage that came with it.

I don't care how in shape you are. Outfit yourself with an 11lb rifle and a 40lb rolling gear pack and ammo and boots and lets see you bunny hop across the map. And about 3 feet in the air to boot. Not likely.

But to have nothing but the same sort of urban maps over and over again gets rather boring.

So I have hope that we will see something other than just urban maps and something a bit more creative.

Another thing I have yet to see for the GRAW franchise is weather. No rain no fog, nothing but clear skies.

Well given the past week here in TX, I'd agree, but more often than not, it's sunny, hot, dark, cool, sunny, hot... and so on. So in that Region, that's the way it is. But however, if they move it to the Europa Region (which I hope), then it'd have more flavor as far as weather.

And I never understood the bunny hop, but it was originally intended for jumping over obstacles, then some joker decided to do it constantly in order to not get hit. Now it's "The thing" so everybody does it, and while you could reasonably do it, it's not as common as people think in the real world, due the fact you got so much gear it's like "Yeah, let's try another way." :)

Edited by EricJ

You have to admit that playing nothing but urban maps gets rather boring. The one thing I really enjoyed about [GR] was we had urban, jungle, swamp and forrest and mountains. GRAW and GRAW2 nothing but urban.

The other thing that really ticks me off was the fact that small litte inclines that a 5 year old could easily navigate are a no go for the elite ghosts.

While I played BF2 and 2142 and enjoyed them for what they were the main thing I hated was the bunny hopping garbage that came with it.

I don't care how in shape you are. Outfit yourself with an 11lb rifle and a 40lb rolling gear pack and ammo and boots and lets see you bunny hop across the map. And about 3 feet in the air to boot. Not likely.

But to have nothing but the same sort of urban maps over and over again gets rather boring.

So I have hope that we will see something other than just urban maps and something a bit more creative.

Another thing I have yet to see for the GRAW franchise is weather. No rain no fog, nothing but clear skies.

Well given the past week here in TX, I'd agree, but more often than not, it's sunny, hot, dark, cool, sunny, hot... and so on. So in that Region, that's the way it is. But however, if they move it to the Europa Region (which I hope), then it'd have more flavor as far as weather.

And I never understood the bunny hop, but it was originally intended for jumping over obstacles, then some joker decided to do it constantly in order to not get hit. Now it's "The thing" so everybody does it, and while you could reasonably do it, it's not as common as people think in the real world, due the fact you got so much gear it's like "Yeah, let's try another way." :)

This alone makes me not want to play GR:AW 2 on the 360. I hate kids that ruin games...

I must admit the scenarios in [GR] were spot on, we had everything; Streets, buildings, castles, fields, rivers and then we got two add-ons to give us Deserts with shante towns and then Jungles with fortes - not to mention all the mods like Frostbite etc - ah the days :hehe:

Edited by DAZZA

I must admit the scenarios in [GR] were spot on, we had everything; Streets, buildings, castles, fields, rivers and then we got two add-ons to give us Deserts with shante towns and then Jungles with fortes - not to mention all the mods like Frostbite etc - ah the days :hehe:

Well, if GRIN can tell us some things and support modding, why can't we do this with GRAW2?

we'd need the specs of the alpha channels to make custom brush textures and we should be able to make custom weapons and vehicles

ok Grin?

But relax, GRAW2 should be a big surprise for many. :thumbsup:

Edited by Papa6

Let's have a look at what the real SF dudes do and do not. Fire mounted weapons from moving light/technical vehicles? Rarely, but sure. Climb inside tanks? You're stoned, hero. Fire Helicopter gun systems? Hey, what's that 160th SOAR dude doing there? Oh yeah, MANNING SAID WEAPON HIMSELF. I see.

Et cetera, ad nauseum. Forest maps? Sure, in a mod or expansion perhaps. In El Paso? How about, "NO", Scott?

Miss you goobers.........

Enjoy AW2.......

Let's have a look at what the real SF dudes do and do not. Fire mounted weapons from moving light/technical vehicles? Rarely, but sure. Climb inside tanks? You're stoned, hero. Fire Helicopter gun systems? Hey, what's that 160th SOAR dude doing there? Oh yeah, MANNING SAID WEAPON HIMSELF. I see.

Et cetera, ad nauseum. Forest maps? Sure, in a mod or expansion perhaps. In El Paso? How about, "NO", Scott?

Miss you goobers.........

Enjoy AW2.......

Rabbi, it's good to see you find time to drop in every now and then. Take care over there, bro.

D

ire Helicopter gun systems? Hey, what's that 160th SOAR dude doing there? Oh yeah, MANNING SAID WEAPON HIMSELF. I see.

Fair enough. I was basing that suggestion on a) the occasions on which the gunners in game got shot b) admitedly only one occasion I read about where a SF dude took over from a 160th gunner that got shot (it's somewhere on Mark Bowden's website). Sorry if I was sounding dim.

Edited by spm1138

I read about where a SF dude took over from a 160th gunner that got shot (it's somewhere on Mark Bowden's website). Sorry if I was sounding dim.

Black Hawk Down: where Pilla gets nailed and Sergeant Hoot (Delta Force) takes over the .50?

EDIT: Mind you, Pilla wasn't 160th.

Edited by WytchDokta

From my time playing the Beta....It felt just like GRAW 1 to me.....I really didnt notice much difference...but...I also am not a "deathmatch" online player...I only play Co-Op with my gaming CLAN.

HACK

Amen to that. I have grown increasingly tired of tdm. Coop for me is where the challenge is and I wish more designers would base their games around that. I have never really liked team death match on any of the ghost recons made. I think it is possible to force team tactics without slowing down the game play so much. GRAW is a campers paradise which is why it is not my cup of tea.

I read about where a SF dude took over from a 160th gunner that got shot (it's somewhere on Mark Bowden's website). Sorry if I was sounding dim.

Black Hawk Down: where Pilla gets nailed and Sergeant Hoot (Delta Force) takes over the .50?

EDIT: Mind you, Pilla wasn't 160th.

Nope. This was definitely on one of the helos and it didn't appear in the movie.

I think it's somewhere in the Q&A.

edit

This fellow.

Edited by spm1138

My own personal point of view is, I would like a more graphical detail like the screens and specs we are seeing from the X360 version (RSE hit the nail on the head again), but from what screens we've seen on the PC version, things look alot like GRAW 1 remake than a new GRAW 2 game. X360 GRAWII lighting, the moods, the overall hud info makes the game feel like fun and that is partly missing in GRAW, it's not a sim, it's a tactical war game and should have fun in it, but it feels like an old board game & GRAW 2 screens on the PC looks similar. With little PC spec released, no actual PC demo, the only thing we've been told is it will share the x360 platforms maps & other features, but we know from the first round of PC v X360 where all the toys landed.

Only a few weeks to wait and see what an official review makes of GRAW 2 PC. One thing I will say with GRAW 1 PC it did have a great sound field. Lets hopw GRIN expand into other areas so the fun & tactics get better in GRAW 2.

viii

My own personal point of view is, I would like a more graphical detail like the screens and specs we are seeing from the X360 version (RSE hit the nail on the head again), but from what screens we've seen on the PC version, things look alot like GRAW 1 remake than a new GRAW 2 game. X360 GRAWII lighting, the moods, the overall hud info makes the game feel like fun and that is partly missing in GRAW,

I have GRAW for Xbox360 too. It sucks, simple as that. The reason the Xbox360 version is so nice is because the levels are tiny compared to PC version. I've finished the first Xbox mission in 10 minutes, I was like ###### ?!! In PC version I spent at least 30 mins completing it. I didn't buy GRAW2 for Xbox360 cos I hate GRAW1 for 360 but I guess it's the same - tiny levels, dumb enemy AI (compared to PC version).

Military PC sim games > mainstream simplified console crap.

X360 GRAWII lighting

You'll never get the same lighting on PC unless you accept a min system requirement with high end Core 2 Duo and SLI GeForce 8800 series or higher.

The console version uses only dynamic lighting. The PC version can't do that as the public requires the game to be playable on PC's older then 6 months, so it has to use lightmaps, which can't have high enough resolution to make it look good or it will eat all the texture memory.

Many things in the PC version of GRAW and GRAW2 suffers from this. Which is why graphics between PC and console games can't be compared unless you compare it on a game that has equal system requirments as the console version. It's sad but true. PC games will not look as good as console games unless the PC players keep up with their hardware and let the developers work against the same requirements, which I doubt will happen unless hardware prices drop for PC.

I have GRAW for Xbox360 too. It sucks, simple as that. The reason the Xbox360 version is so nice is because the levels are tiny compared to PC version. I've finished the first Xbox mission in 10 minutes, I was like ###### ?!! In PC version I spent at least 30 mins completing it. I didn't buy GRAW2 for Xbox360 cos I hate GRAW1 for 360 but I guess it's the same - tiny levels, dumb enemy AI (compared to PC version).

Military PC sim games > mainstream simplified console crap.

Looks like you got a pretty strong opinion there VISTREL. Interesting.

As someone who actually crewed helos way back when (the same holds true now though), no regular or even SF member of the military would man a defensive weapon (read machine gun of any sort) unless all members of the crew were dead or severly incapacitated and can't man them themselves.

That said, while SF may have someone who knows how to fly an appropriated helo and have in the real world, normal infantry troops would not operate one no matter what. Adding those two features to a "Tac-Sim" like GRAW (for the PC at least) would definately turn it into an arcade type game. The helo's used in game are already being flown by the proper people assigned to fly spec ops missions, no need to fly them yourself.

I wonder how well an X360 would run GRAW for PC when it was choking high end PCs when it first came out since the X360 is using shared system memory? If a PC would choke running X360 graphics, then there is a serious problem somewhere I would think. Can anyone seriously believe a PC would not be able to run the X360 of GRAW2 if there was a PC version made available? Just wondering outloud.