to script or not to script, that is the question....

Lightspeed

Ghost Recon is very alive,sure,so if i may suggest you,could you please make some missions with that "Air Strike Call Tools" (its in the download section, mod-tools i think),it would be something new and pretty damn cool.

That F-18 flying rocks.

@PoW_LigHtsPeEd=> Unfortunate about ArmA, but re making GR missions, definitely it's worthwhile to do :thumbsup: -- no matter the # of d/l's, ppl will play your stuff IMO & be happy!

@GregV=>

Ghost Recon is very alive,sure,so if i may suggest you,could you please make some missions with that "Air Strike Call Tools".
That's definitely a cool mod :yes: , but, unfortunately, the instructions / examples to implement air strike capability are not so easy to understand / make sense of -- & the author is no longer around, so we can't easily get updated/revised instructions from him. :(

Have been playing a bit of ArmA but really disappointed in the end.

So what to do....suddenly scripting is on my mind again.

Are there enough ppl still playing GR to make it worthwhile?

It's up to you if you wanna script. Already in the past you told that in your opinion it wasn't worthy to learn how to script as Arma was going to be released (I don't even know what ArmA stands for :lol: )

I ceased to script for the community, I scripted for myself and for those who enjoy to play my missions so I won't be much disappointed if my mods do not have much downloads or if I don't win any award.

I ceased to script for the community, I scripted for myself and for those who enjoy to play my missions so I won't be much disappointed if my mods do not have much downloads or if I don't win any award.

This was my point from day one when modding GR. I never cared much what people wanted but did what I wanted to see or try out in the game. It's what keeps it being a fun hobby. :)

@Tinker

Air-Strike Tools are actually fairly straight forward, I could help anyone needing to implement them? :thumbsup:
:pirate: I'm definitely wanting to learn how to properly implement them? Have you got any mission where they've been scripted & work which I could look at, or maybe a short step-by-step writeup? :flowers:

I script for myself and for those who enjoy to play my missions so I won't be much disappointed if my mods do not have much downloads or if I don't win any award.
This was my point from day one when modding GR... It's what keeps it being a fun hobby.
Good comments :thumbsup: !

This was my point from day one when modding GR. I never cared much what people wanted but did what I wanted to see or try out in the game. It's what keeps it being a fun hobby. :)

Excellent post!

;)

CC

Already in the past you told that in your opinion it wasn't worthy to learn how to script

I do know how to script.

Maybe I told that to someone else, and about ArmA, yes very disappointed in the end.

But I still got GR and that's a plus.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...105&hl=arma :whistle:

But this is the past. Now definitely you know how to script. There are many mods in development where they need just a scripter so it shouldn't be difficult to partecipate! :thumbsup:

@Tinker

Air-Strike Tools are actually fairly straight forward, I could help anyone needing to implement them? :thumbsup:
:pirate: I'm definitely wanting to learn how to properly implement them? Have you got any mission where they've been scripted & work which I could look at, or maybe a short step-by-step writeup? :flowers:

There is a test/example mission included in the mod, made by ita_killabees.

:thumbsup:

I quote myself

I believe it's quite evident what I mean and anyway the number of mods I made and the support I give are, I believe, self explanatory.

To clarify what I mean is that I don't feel myself to have any obligation in front of the community.

I ceased to script for the community, I scripted for myself and for those who enjoy to play my missions so I won't be much disappointed if my mods do not have much downloads or if I don't win any award...

I believe it's quite evident what I mean and anyway the number of mods I made and the support I give are, I believe, self explanatory. To clarify [for GregV] what I mean is that I don't feel myself to have any obligation in front of the community.

@GiWeDa=> Absolutely... You've contributed many mods, always make them available for public download, moreover... true that your scripting ideas do not rely upon community "wishes" & instead are totally from your own imaginations/interests... yet the support you give for any mod you make or have helped to make is always first rate for the community. Never do you say: "Oh my work is free, so I've no obligation to support or fix it, so you players should just be glad to have it & never mind bugs or problems." :rofl: Always you come back with fast supports & fixes if needed. :thumbsup::notworthy:

Never do you say: "Oh my work is free, so I've no obligation to support or fix it, so you players should just be glad to have it & never mind bugs or problems." :rofl: Always you come back with fast supports & fixes if needed. :thumbsup::notworthy:

Excellent post Janie that put in a different light what I meant. In fact you are correct to highlight what I didn't mean to say even it could sound that way.

I believe I made of the support for my mod (or anyway the mod I worked for) one of my strong points. But, rather than going back to fix some bugs because I released my missions in hurry, I prefer to delay the same release. I'm quite famous of my delays, see Armenia Scared (the completion of the mod was only my fault and not of the other team members) or the already announced (and already late) Punisher 2) but it's also true that the beta testing phase of them was one of the main phases of the projects.

But I can easily explain what I meant that I don't script for the community: if you see the Pond thread a guy wrote saying the maps where wonderful but the mission poor. I announced that there was no problem as I wasn't going to script anymore. If I followed my same statement at this time you wouldn't have had other little mods I made (I'm not going to list them, you can find them in the download section). This is me!

Have been playing a bit of ArmA but really disappointed in the end.

So what to do....suddenly scripting is on my mind again.

Are there enough ppl still playing GR to make it worthwhile?

As GiWeDa has said. There are many fantastic mods unfinished out there. :( Just need some missions chucking in and good for a release. :hehe:

Just a thought..Otherwise, hope to see you back in action out here.

:thumbsup:

Tinker

• 1 month later...