Have you gotten your letter with Key and DL Link yet?

here's a copy of my letter with the link removed to prove that I was invited to the beta:

Dear Ubi.com member,

As a token of our appreciation for your interest in our games and your participation in the previous beta test of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, we are glad to invite you to take part in this closed beta test for GRAW2 PC.

If you are ready to join our team of beta testers, you have until Sunday April 8th to register. The beta test should start on Wednesday April 11th.

To do so, please visit this page and fill in our questionnaire:

*Link removed*

Please understand that accepting the terms and conditions is mandatory to take part in the beta test. Among these conditions, you must accept not to share any information, screenshot and/or video with persons not taking part in the beta test.

Thank you,

Best regards,

The GRAW2 Team

I did the questionnaire and completed it as soon as I got the letter on April 5th, and yet I don't see a letter with a key and dl link in my inbox. What is up with that? Waaah. :(

If any GRINners are reading this, please help! I even got the following email back from you guys during the Beta for Patch 1.3 (Bo, actually) after I sent you an email directly because I couldn't access the Ubi forums/bug submission page for some reason (kept refreshing the same page over and over again).

Thanks. Below is the email:

Thank you for going out of the ordinary to make this a great game!

Best

Bo Andersson

CEO

GRIN

Edited by InsolenceAndHeresy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell should I pay $$$ to get a subscription just to test a Beta!?! and gamespy....s**t! gamespy is still the game service of choice for GRAW2....oh man. that sux.

A stupid stereotype that people who pay for subscriptions are usually more mature.

Look at Xbox Live and that stereotype is instantly shattered.

I tried getting it from gamespy but told me my system wasn't good enough! :mellow:

AMD 3000xp+

1GB ram

ATI X850XT pe

That is above what they're looking for correct?

A lot of people are getting that. So you are not alone! (for reference I am not talking about myself but about other people I know which had the same deal) bad :nono:

wait, wait, has anyone:

Been invited to the beta, competed the survey, and gotten an email with key and dl link WITHOUT having subscribed/been subscribed to Fileplanet?

im wondering about that to as i havent gotten an email back yet :(

I think the whole thing has been handled badley.

But I have come to learn with Ubisoft they rarely know what they are doing between departments, let alone communicate with each other.

And this is at the cost and the displeasure of there customers.

I am sure Grin members are not pleased either how this has been organised, sorry wrong word, screwed up.

The info on Ghostrecon.com states clearly that "The number of keys will be very limited". Maybe you guys just missed the boat?

Don't hope so for you guys, but it seems pretty logical? :(

only thing i got to say about that is why hasnt anyone who said they got the invite email say they got a 2ed email saying that they got it? if some people have then id personally would like to know for i can stop hopeing ubi made a mistake (like theyu are pron to :whistle: )

Don't mean to nag, or add on to the 100 beta questions.

But I got an e-mail a week ago stating that since I tested some of the beta patches, that they "invited" me to the beta.

So I filled out the survey, and I still haven't gotten any e-mail back.

So I was wondering, has anyone? Am I missing something?

I'm not talking about the fileplanet crap either.

Talking about the ubisoft e-mail invites (Just incase someone misinterprets.)

If this has already been answered, sorry.

if you go to the gamespy beta registration (the link on the ubi page) you can click on the non subscribe option and fill in some details (opt for 2gb ram....)(meet minimum req.) and maybe you get your key, would not know if it will work but when i tried it and was too honest about my ram i got a dissapointment, maybe you get lucky.

use your email which got the invite and is also gamespy reg.

hope this helps

But I got an e-mail a week ago stating that since I tested some of the beta patches, that they "invited" me to the beta.

So I filled out the survey, and I still haven't gotten any e-mail back.

So I was wondering, has anyone? Am I missing something?

It seems that many people (myself included) are in this situation. As best as I can tell it seems that UBI's communication and planning problems are hurting their image -- I would have expected an email confirmation in response to completing the sign-up forum and NDA, but that was not sent. I would have expected an email about the status of the Beta test process prior to yesterday, or an indication that the test was delayed, but neither of those were sent. If UBI would like me to help them learn something about the quality of their product and how my segment of the user community feels about it, I will be happy to help, but I expect them to express that interest by actually communicating with me about their desire for this information. If they can't do that much, then I am left with the distinct impression that they really do not want my input/help.

At the moment, I am left thinking they really do not care about the perception of the GR community in general and care even less about the coop community. That's fine by me, I have plenty of other things to do this weekend.

It seems that many people (myself included) are in this situation.

Yep, it seems so, but there are also a lot of us former testers that put down a lot of time and effort with GRAW patches that never even got invited for GRAW 2 like you guys were. I would say that is even a worse situation... :P

Personally, I was somewhat disappointed with the whole beta procedure last time, becuse of too few testers out there on the servers, dysfunctional UBI forums, no whatsoever feedback after the testing was done, and very little action taken to the bug reports etc (probably a lot due to time constraints with the whole thing).

Thus, I'm not too upset to miss out on the event this time.

Also, I do see a certain problem when you are forced to sign up for a subscription and pay Fileplanet, but still not garanteed a key (the fine print). On the other hand, by having this small "first-in-line barrier" it will prevents a lot of "unmotivated" peps signing up, which is a good thing.

Last time, for the GRAW patches, no subscription or payment to anything was necessary.

The info on Ghostrecon.com states clearly that "The number of keys will be very limited". Maybe you guys just missed the boat?

Don't hope so for you guys, but it seems pretty logical? :(

Currently, here's the confirmed list of those that got the invite, did the questionnaire, but did not get a 2nd email with key and dl link:

InsolenceAndHeresy/FA_Insolence (dannyboy1026)

SillyHalfMexican

REDMONSTER

RogueDOC

jjknap

[30+]Retlaw

Stormin

Hockeystick

Nutlink

Now, a direct invitation from Ubisoft should precede any cash-oriented offer from any other third party (in this case, Fileplanet). Ubisoft has serious screwed that up.

I have yet to see anyone that got the invite email and completed the survey say that they received the 2nd email with key and link.

Edited by InsolenceAndHeresy