Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FWF.Osteo

Any official word on SADS?

As the topic title stated, has there been any offical word on true stand alone dedicated server files / support? I've been gone awhile while FWF played around with GRAW, left and picked up Vegas (now in a holding pattern awaiting a patch to see if it will become truly matchable) and reverted back to AA.

I've read through the posts, did a search, but found no official word on whether GRAW2 will have SADS. If not, I doubt we as a clan will shell out for it. Most of us did for GRAW, liked the game play, but bailed when the MP side wasn't patched up quickly enough to allow us to match on TWL.

Any ideas or input from GRiN? Thanks in advance!

Nothing so far. We really haven't gotten too much info about anything, at least officially anyways. But from the info we have gotten it seems as though GRIN has really took in account the feedback they got back from GRAW1 and made some changes for GRAW2. So hopefully full funtionioning SADS will be available when the game is released.

I was just wondering if there is a Stand alone dedicated server exe, a few friends and I have a server but its located in another state and dont want to upload the entire game!

thnx

whc.demo, GRAW 2 has not been released yet so there aren't any SADS files yet either.

whc.demo, GRAW 2 has not been released yet so there aren't any SADS files yet either.

I just wish to know if we will be able to run more than one instance of GRAW2 on a server box. If I can't afford a GSP I guess I won't be interested in the game. If I have missed this issue in the forums, please direct me to the post and thanks in advance.

We will know soon enough from GRIN.

Death

sorry to say but you wont hear any official word about SADS until after release, its just the way UBI deals with information regarding very important MP aspects of a game

We will know soon enough from GRIN.

Death

Don't hold your breath.

I don't see why they wouldn't at least include the current SADS that is already available for GRAW.

Now if they are completely re-writing the SADS for things like remote admin, better handling of maps, multi-homing, IP specification, etc. I MIGHT consider giving them a little slack. But after the uproar of GRAW, I really doubt they would release it without SADS. They wouldn't be so dumb to make the same mistake twice I hope.

I don't see why they wouldn't at least include the current SADS that is already available for GRAW.

Now if they are completely re-writing the SADS for things like remote admin, better handling of maps, multi-homing, IP specification, etc. I MIGHT consider giving them a little slack. But after the uproar of GRAW, I really doubt they would release it without SADS. They wouldn't be so dumb to make the same mistake twice I hope.

No offense to GRiN but they are under ubi's thumb. Yes ubi is that dumb

No offense to GRiN but they are under ubi's thumb. Yes ubi is that dumb

Give them a chance, you never know. Grin?

Death

I hope they made the interface "console" (SADS tool) more user friendly than the GRAW one (I assume it is done already :) ), like tabs with dropdownlists or checkboxes, i.e., more 'point and click'.

Too many times I've been on a GRAW server and the "admin" hardly knows how to handle their server...For the admin member who does not do that all the time it is hard to remember all commands and it takes too long time to type it all in correctly.

I hope they made the interface "console" (SADS tool) more user friendly than the GRAW one (I assume it is done already :) ), like tabs with dropdownlists or checkboxes, i.e., more 'point and click'.

Too many times I've been on a GRAW server and the "admin" hardly knows how to handle their server...For the admin member who does not do that all the time it is hard to remember all commands and it takes too long time to type it all in correctly.

While I'm not opposed to a pretty gui for less advanced admins. Command line admins is quick powerful and affective for most. I guess what I'm getting at is, Both would be fine with me. If posed with a choice command line win out I'm sure.

Different game same SADS story ! :rofl:

Couldn't resist.

LOL, Well stated my old friend....but sadly....so true!!

I would say that if SADs isnt there straight out of the box then dont buy the game thinking it will be added later, cos it wont.

Unfortunately I bought vegas (and really like it when its not crashing), but will not buy another ubi game hoping for things to be added later.

Also expect support to be pulled from the game withiin 3 months of purchase so that the developers can move onto their next moneymaking release.

Cheers,

Snuffy.

You base those conclusions on Vegas, it would be more appropriate to base them on GRAW. I see no reason for not having SADs at release of GRAW2. GRAW2 is just expanding on GRAW which got SADs.

For sads it depends. If Grin makes it good without interfering with the netcode or stressing the server, i'm all for it.

Also if all current cheats are defeated, on release all you need is a kick and ban function (which GRAW1 didn't have on release and turned a lot of people off that played the mp due to teamkillers and bad language all over the servers and no way to stop them)

We also need verbose logging desperately.

For example, there is one particular teamkiller that is frequenting our server, but makes a point to change his name every so often and only goes on rampages when our members aren't present. If we had verbose logging,, we could see when this joker, enteres, when he goes on a TK rampage, and what his IP and hopefully CDKey hash is. That way he could be manually added to the ban list.

So right now our server is being held hostage by this joker because we can't track him effectively.

You guys are missing the point, I have graw too and remember the multiplayer debacle after its release.

My point is if it is not included in the initial release that it will more than likely not be added at a later date.

And that we should only buy the game if it is working fully with everything included out of the box.

Hmm... I think I'll buy it anyway. Everything included or not :)

But hey, I'm a SP player so I should really comment on this.

Edited by Hockeystick

You guys are missing the point, I have graw too and remember the multiplayer debacle after its release.

My point is if it is not included in the initial release that it will more than likely not be added at a later date.

And that we should only buy the game if it is working fully with everything included out of the box.

It was in GRAW1 ;)

Heck we didn't even have the server console. After about 2 patches we had anticheat server controls and kick and ban functionality.

FI_FlimFlam

The punish for tk doesn't work for you?

Set it to 2 or 3. His rampage will end quickly.

DOH! Dang I forgot about that. I'll set that down to 2 or 3 and see what happens. Man I feel like a bozo. Still, it doesn't change the fact that verbose logging is needed. If we had it, I wouldn't have to change the punish on TK settings as that I could just ban him and be done with it.

As for purchasing when it's complete, I agree and that is what just about did with GRAW. I waited until right before the SADS were released. I thought they would be included in the one patch that was due that week. I was wrong but that was my intention. I'll wait for the game to be released and see if it has SADS and will purchase it when I hear it's fully functional. However, I do believe we will have at least the same capabilities as GRAW in that regards out of the box. So I do not think it will be necessary to hold off purchasing right away.

DOH! Dang I forgot about that. I'll set that down to 2 or 3 and see what happens. Man I feel like a bozo. Still, it doesn't change the fact that verbose logging is needed. If we had it, I wouldn't have to change the punish on TK settings as that I could just ban him and be done with it.

As for purchasing when it's complete, I agree and that is what just about did with GRAW. I waited until right before the SADS were released. I thought they would be included in the one patch that was due that week. I was wrong but that was my intention. I'll wait for the game to be released and see if it has SADS and will purchase it when I hear it's fully functional. However, I do believe we will have at least the same capabilities as GRAW in that regards out of the box. So I do not think it will be necessary to hold off purchasing right away.

Yeah... it doesn't ban him... but will irritate the crap out of him. It will autokick him, which means he will rejoin only to get kicked after 3 more tks. Change your message of the day to reflect this in case an accidental nade gets a valid teamate kicked, so they understand no one did it and it's auto.

Also if Team vs Team set invulnerability to 7 or 8 secs. This prevents spawn camping + him team killing guys in the spawn when they spawn. It works well also if you want to enable GL's as you can't bomb those who just spawned and they have enough time to kill you for trying.