My advice to RSE.......

BigOlBrain

My advice to RSE.......

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

I have been fairly outspoken I think and have made my fair share of complaints so I feel the need to give you credit when it's deserved....and it's very much deserved.

It's like going to a restaurant and always complaining when you get a bad waiter but never complimenting them when you get a good one....I don't want to be that way. ;)

This is by far the best GR game since the original imo. I have a few issues with the game but it's really a fantastic game from what I have played so far and the good outweighs any other problems by so much that I'm not even going to list any issues here.

I love the maps I have seen this far....and I've only played probably about 8 or 9 of them but it's obvious that you guys are listening to the fans when building the maps. The graphics are fantastic and the frame rate keeps up really well from what have played this far. More options than ever and different times of the day for game play is just fantastic....and thanks for the embassy rebuild that was a good call.

So anyway I just wanted good job and thanks for listening to the fans.... :)

I'm curious to hear from others as well so please share your opinions...

Man this is now starting to annoy me :(

I mean I had GRAW early last year but this year I was let down and am STILL waiting for GRAW2 in the post.

Oh well, it's good to hear from people that have played the game and know that it's gonna be great when I do eventually get my copy.

Nice one guys! (and Brain of-course!)

Kia.

I mean I had GRAW early last year but this year I was let down and am STILL waiting for GRAW2 in the post.

Oh well, it's good to hear from people that have played the game and know that it's gonna be great when I do eventually get my copy.

Kia.

lol...I remember last year when you had live video up for days before anyone else had the game. Ha....my turn buddy! Only I have no video for ya. >_<

Wish I did.....

I agree. I guess at this time I have not put in enough time other than to say great job on the maps. This is, in my opinion, the best overall package of maps in any GR game. :thumbsup:

I have other issues with Ubi as a whole and how they are marketing things and following up on questions, but I am not going to let that mar an otherwise very fun game experience that RSE did a great job on. :yes:

Kia.

lol...I remember last year when you had live video up for days before anyone else had the game. Ha....my turn buddy! Only I have no video for ya. >_<

Wish I did.....

yeah i totally agree brain, the maps really stand out as i would say some of the best GR maps to date. i have been playing the game since GR1 on pc and i am really really happy with the maps. they felt natural and most of all they are big. and the few that are small, are still broken up in a way that makes them feel much better than maps like boneyard etc. NICE job RSE i am also glad that recon was fixed so that after you recon a zone undetected the enemies still patrol it instead of in Graw where they would stop patrolling it and group up at the next recon zone. i am very happy nice job RSE. Christian forward our thanks and congrats on to your team.

I agree. I guess at this time I have not put in enough time other than to say great job on the maps. This is, in my opinion, the best overall package of maps in any GR game. :thumbsup:

I think that's the biggest factor with this game. The maps are really good and that makes all the difference in a game like GR.

I think i like the game for the must part. The maps are great and the graphics are also very good. Love the option to turn it to diffrent times of day very nice plus. Heck now all we need is that weather option! Rooms run good, i can run a full room of 16 with no complants of lag or people getting dropped (Thought i still like rooms around 8 or 10 for Team tac reasons, but i can run a full room fine)

I do have one very big complant, and it almost kills the game for me where i'm almost ready to take it back. Yet since this is ment to give praise right now i will save it for another thread. The bright side is it's only one thing and not a croup of things, only one!

I do have one very big complant, and it almost kills the game for me where i'm almost ready to take it back. Yet since this is ment to give praise right now i will save it for another thread. The bright side is it's only one thing and not a croup of things, only one!

Speed?

That is my main one....but I let it go.

The Maps and graphics are gorgeous. Hats off to the RSE team, job well done. To be honest I think its gonna be long time before another game graces my 360 with its presence because with the amount of options and playtypes available in multi is mind boggling. :thumbsup:

Game of the Year IMO! played for 3 hours last night on siege and barely got through all the maps on each time setting. We didn't even scratch the surface on gametypes. The lighting and sound are fantastic and EMBASSY is the BOMB!!! The best map has to be the one with the burning planes. When the wind shifts you both hear it with surround sound and see it by the changing smoke patterns.

BIG :thumbsup:

Speed?

That is my main one....but I let it go.

Check your PM's want to keep this post only for the good in GRAW2. Going to save it for the right thread!

Ok... I've yet to play any multiplayer, and I have only gone through a handful of missions on singleplayer mode. SInce thats all I can really comment on, i'll go there.

I have to say that right now, this is far and away the best console RSE game released, and easily the best GR title since GR1PC. It seems like they are easing people back into stealh aspects of the game, because this time around they added more. It "feels" much more stealth like than the first GRAW. Much better weapon selection menu and team selection menus. Still not up to the complexity of the original GR1PC, but definatley a step in the right direction, and much more than I was expecting.

The Crosscom 2.0 is fabulous. A vast improvment over the original to say the least. Being able to control your team while seeing through their eyes is great. On one map imparticular there were 4 hostiles surounding an artilary unit. There were 3 possible insertion points into the sector so I sent my team around far left, and I went around to the right. I accidently took a gun without a scope, which I thought would be an issue, but in fact it wasent. I started firing at the hostiles for a few seconds and then ducked behind cover.

Once everyone was focused on me, I "looked through my teams eyes" and moved them in a bit further. Gave one command to snipe the hostile on the high ground, and then gave a "weapons free" command for the three remaining hostiles on the ground. The team ended up getting two of those, and I got one as well. This was amazingly rewarding, much more so than anything I did in the first GRAW360, and quite honestly I don't know if I would have even thoght to try it if I had brought a scoped gun, so my mistake turned out to be a good thing.

I don't know how deep the game gets yet I supose, but if this is any indication I think I am really going to enjoy the campaign mode, which quite honestly is something I was expecting to be sort of bland. Even though I liked the campaign mode on the first GRAW, I just wasent in a hurry to do the same thing all over again in a different setting.

At this point. The increased emphasis on stealth and the new crosscom are really making me enjoy the game more than I thought I would. Every RSE title I have bought since the first R6 way way back on PC I have for the most part gotten for the multiplayer. I was a little suprised I enjoyed the first GRAW campaign so much, and I am flat out shocked that I am enjoying this one so much. I am a very hard sell when it comes to these games, as many of us here are, and as of yet this game has not dissapointed.

Since it seems as though they are easing console fans into a more detailed game, my hope for the next one is that instead of just being able to control and look through your teams eyes as a group, issuing orders accordingly. I would really like for them to include the ability to control your team members on their own. This would create the ability for even more insertion points, and quite honestly IMO would bridge the gap between the original PC game, and the series as it currently stands.

So far I have read 2 seprate reviews of this game and I have to say I really think so far they reviewrs are doing a bad job at explaining the difference between this title and the first one. They seem to completley trivialize the new crosscom, and I have yet to see anyone say anything about how it is much more focused on stealth.

In playing this game tonight, I have come to realize that what I have wanted out of RSE titles was never total 100% realisim, just close to it and a strong emphasis on stealth. I have yet to actually use the medic character on my team, but a major difference between this and the first one was that when I did heal one of my guys on a mission this time around, I actually for a moment thought back to scenes out of war movies with one soldier running up to another one and patching him up so he could continue. In the first GRAW it always felt like a very generic "heal" to me, this time around it just seems to "fit" for some reason I can't actually put my finger on.

Anyways... Those are my thoughts so far. Money well spent if you ask me!

Edited by kingotnw

Having played the SP and MP i can say that the MP is far better than the SP. The co-op missions are a joy to play. Especially with 3-4 buddies. Anymore than that and it gets chaotic.

The co-op missions are some of the best GR missions yet and vary between all out action and stealthy approaches.

This is perfectly illustrated by the first co-op mission STATION. And the adversarial maps are easy some of the best seen yet on A Ghost Recon game. Open, big and very natural looking. No more forced alleyways from GRAW. Even the medic system is a brilliant addition to the Ghost Recon series. A joy to play and a triumph for redstorm/ubi.

Redstorm you have turned the series around. GRAW was going the way of another military shooter, with GRAW2 you have made a great recon game. We really appreciate you guys listening to us. Now all thats left is to expand siege and we have THE BEST GR GAME YET ( i know we're never happy lol ).

Edited by BS PALADIN

Having played the SP and MP i can say that the MP is far better than the SP. The co-op missions are a joy to play. Especially with 3-4 buddies. Anymore than that and it gets chaotic.

The co-op missions are some of the best GR missions yet and vary between all out action and stealthy approaches.

This is perfectly illustrated by the first co-op mission STATION. And the adversarial maps are easy some of the best seen yet on A Ghost Recon game. Open, big and very natural looking. No more forced alleyways from GRAW. Even the medic system is a brilliant addition to the Ghost Recon series. A joy to play and a triumph for redstorm/ubi.

Redstorm you have turned the series around. GRAW was going the way of another military shooter, with GRAW2 you have made a great recon game. We really appreciate you guys listening to us. Now all thats left is to expand siege and we have THE BEST GR GAME YET ( i know we're never happy lol ).

GRAW2 Coop is a masterclass, from level design, to mission layout. I love the inclusion of recon elements and the rewards for teamwork and communication. Played Caldera last night with 2 fench guys. I have very little fench and they had litttle english, but we still manged to work together and take the comm towers down. No better feeling of accomplishment