Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JTF-2

Army Special Forces skin

This is my first attempt at modding ArmA (or any OFP style game). It's just a simple skin using a lot of original textures -- but it's in-game and working great. I added the pathces, vest, and helmet. Check it out:

ArmA-ODA.jpg

cool... my full version demo was pretty good. =P

cant wait for a US release.

absolutely not bad ( ps, pz3, you do know that it's awailible for dl from the uk?)

Awesome job JTF! I just made my custom mug. :) That's about all the modding I can do.

I was thinking about transfering my Danish Jægerkorpset and Frømandskorpset skins from GR to ArmA now that I have ArmA.

Thanks guys.

The process isn't very hard at all once you get it. A lot like GR really. Extract a .pbo with the Kegetys tools, open the right textures in photoshop using the .paa plugin. Then just re-pack the .pbo and you're good to go.

What about the extraction and re-packing of new sounds? Is that as easy too? If so, I have some work here ready to go....

Edited by WytchDokta

JTF-2,

That skin looks great. Is it available for download yet?

Are you the author of the Delta Force 1990 Ghost Recon Mod? If so, can you convert the Delta Force 1990 skins for ArmA as well?

silent_op

What about the extraion and re-packing of new sounds? Is that as easy too? If so, I have some work here ready to go....

Is WD productions going to enter the Arma mod world?? Please say yes! :)

What about the extraion and re-packing of new sounds? Is that as easy too? If so, I have some work here ready to go....

Put it this way:

"As soon as the WytchDokta can find the mod tools to unpack stuff from ArmA," relates the Doctrine of Greater Good, "the terror will start again....."

Put it this way:

"As soon as the WytchDokta can find the mod tools to unpack stuff from ArmA," relates the Doctrine of Greater Good, "the terror will start again....."

:thumbsup::santa:

What about the extraction and re-packing of new sounds? Is that as easy too? If so, I have some work here ready to go....

Haven't ever made a sound mod myself. Extracting and repacking should be really simple -- use Kegetys tools (link bellow) to open up a .pbo and then repack it with your new sounds. As for what format the sounds are in, i'm not sure. I'd start by having a look at some that have already been released and seeing how they were made. try this one at armaholic. Next, go and download Kegetys mod tools. Don't know if any of them are specifically for sound modding, but they should let you explore pretty much all of ArmAs files.

JTF-2,

That skin looks great. Is it available for download yet?

Are you the author of the Delta Force 1990 Ghost Recon Mod? If so, can you convert the Delta Force 1990 skins for ArmA as well?

silent_op

Thanks Silent, nope the skin isn't available for download yet. (I overwrote somebody elses mod to get the skin in-game, just for my personal use.) If you really want the skin (and promise not to give it to anybody else, I'd be happy to email the mod to you.

As for the awesome Delta Force 1990 mod, no I'm not the author. It was eSKwaad who made it -- he was the best. If you're looking for spec-ops skins in ArmA, this one was just released.

Just grabbing the tools now, thanks. With the tools in my possession, it will be time to resume the reign of terror on a new front (ArmA).

Just grabbing the tools now, thanks. With the tools in my possession, it will be time to resume the reign of terror on a new front (ArmA).

:drool:

Does anyone know if there is any way to get new character models into the game? I see there are mods to put the US soldiers in Flecktarn (German army units) or Dansktarn (Danish army units) etc, but those mods just re-skin the default US soldier models, hence, they have the incorrect flak vests in-game. The German and Danish flak vests have shoulder and neck protection, unlike the US or UK flak vests. Danish SOF groups Jaeger and Froemands do use the US flak vests though.

Perhaps I could convert my GR character models for the DANFOR mod over to ArmA....

I have some Danish SOF skins here ready to go, and I'm working on some Belgian Para-Commando skins too (you know you just want that Belgian 'dog vomit' camo in-game) :)

Edited by WytchDokta

Not yet i guess, they have to release the modding tools yet.

They said they would start on these tools after the 505Games release and they would release them during the next few months.

Anyways looking forward for some SS :D

The reason I asked is that I have seen several weapon mods (adding new weapons; one of them adds British rifles) for ArmA.

My character models are a bit low poly for ArmA, but it shouldn't take long to fix. If the devs make the .max files for the ArmA soldiers available to us (as they did for GR), it would be a whole lot easier.

The reason I asked is that I have seen several weapon mods (adding new weapons; one of them adds British rifles) for ArmA.

My character models are a bit low poly for ArmA, but it shouldn't take long to fix. If the devs make the .max files for the ArmA soldiers available to us (as they did for GR), it would be a whole lot easier.

How about some US Marine MARPAT?

Already been done by some-one else. I'm not a copycat, I am the innovator, the elevator.

Actually its not in Arma yet. I cant find it anyways...

Is there a "put your own face in the game" mod

I cant stress enough how much more my clan LOVED [GR] than when we were all actually IN GAME...looking at each other.

HACK