Graphics Cards Ranking - Huge List

Rocky

This List ranks every graphics card out there, pretty cool to see how you card stands up.

Obviously the rankings are open to a bit of debate as some sites will scores cards differently, nevertheless, this is a handy list for many reasons!

Edit > updated link.

Edited by Rocky

Just so you know, the site that that links to (I am a member). Is really slow today because digg threw about 6-7 times the normal load through the servers. They have been frantically trying to get another server up to fix the problem still pretty swamped though

Edited by Kamakazi

Just so you know, the site that that links to (I am a member). Is really slow today because digg threw about 6-7 times the normal load through the servers.

<---------- Big Digg fan, that's how I found the list :D

My history: #129 > #84 > #28 > probably #3 in a few weeks.

P.S. The "Matrox Mystique" gfx card from 1996 (not on list, too old) that I had long before #129 (Voodoo2 3dfx), is still doing great in my old folks pc... :P Before that I had a "Trident something with 1MB", then I can't remember

MatroxMystiqueBox.jpg

#15 for me. Luckily, the overclock brings me into the #10 area in terms of overall performance.

Wow, Matrox Mystique and Trident. Brings back alot of memories. I still remember that box-front on the Mystique. I think my first video card purchase was an STB Velocity. They said it was 3D but they lied.

• 1 month later...

I went from # 32 to # 1 woot!

Congrats Roco! Enjoy while you can!

Hate to say it, but you know ATI's latest is around the corner (a few weeks?) and from all reports beats the 8800GTX. And then there will be Nvidia's refresh this fall ... it never ends <_<

I went from # 32 to # 1 woot!

Congrats Roco! Enjoy while you can!

Hate to say it, but you know ATI's latest is around the corner (a few weeks?) and from all reports beats the 8800GTX. And then there will be Nvidia's refresh this fall ... it never ends <_<

I have seen benches on tehe 8800 ultra... but remember ... my gtx is a clocker if i need it... or my board supports SLI

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
G.I. Jane â„¢' date='Nov 9 2007, 07:26 PM' post='502532']

Where does my EVGA GEFORCE 7950GT KO SUPERCLOCKED 512MB DDR3 rank? Although I love this card, I was gonna get an 8800GTS, but my case only allows a single-slot card. Thanx y'all. Happy gaming!

You could always get the 8800 GT. It's faster than the current 640MB GTS and the HD2900XT in most cases, and it's much cheaper. I got an EVGA 8800 GT Superclocked right when it came out, but you may want to wait a bit for prices to go down some. The 8800 GT also uses a single slot cooler which should fit in your case - be aware that the card is 9 inches long, so be sure you have enough space.

G.I. Jane â„¢' date='Nov 9 2007, 07:26 PM' post='502532']

Where does my EVGA GEFORCE 7950GT KO SUPERCLOCKED 512MB DDR3 rank? Although I love this card, I was gonna get an 8800GTS, but my case only allows a single-slot card. Thanx y'all. Happy gaming!

You could always get the 8800 GT. It's faster than the current 640MB GTS and the HD2900XT in most cases, and it's much cheaper. I got an EVGA 8800 GT Superclocked right when it came out, but you may want to wait a bit for prices to go down some. The 8800 GT also uses a single slot cooler which should fit in your case - be aware that the card is 9 inches long, so be sure you have enough space.

I've just read about that 8800GT...if I knew they would eventually release a GT version I would never have bought a 7900 GT :wall:

Thanx for the reply GrimeyAK. I bought my 7950GT on 3/27/2007 cos that was the highest-level card for single-slot at the time (as far as I knew). I was trying to find an 8800 single-slot, but couldn’t. Do you know when the 8800 GT Superclocked single-slot hit the market? Thanx.

Cpl Ledanek, I think I should join you with that headbanging too =( . I should’ve asked if they were making an 8800GT single-slot. I was told by an EVGA sales employee the 8800GTS would not fit my case. Should I blame him for not mentioning the upcoming 8800GT single-slot? Hmmm. Oh well these things happen. I definitely won’t be getting a new card until 3-5 years later when my card is not fast enough for future games. Currnetly I’m content. I still have a kick-azz card… *cough* damn you 8800GT*cough* … heh only kidding.

aww man, & the 8800GT is DirectX10. ARGGG Cpl Ledanek, lemme get a piece of that wall...

... then again I would have needed to get Windows Vista to run DirectX10, which means more $$$ spent. Now I am even more content with my 7950GT.

Edited by [ST6] G.I. Jane â„¢

G.I. Jane â„¢' date='Nov 10 2007, 05:51 PM' post='502582']aww man, & the 8800GT is DirectX10. ARGGG Cpl Ledanek, lemme get a piece of that wall...

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting, but the 8800GT being DirectX10 shouldn't be a concern. DirectX is backwards compatible, so a card that runs DX10 native also runs DX9 and older normally. It's going the other way that's an issue.

Sure, you need Vista to take advantage of DirectX10, but the 8800 series is still a fantastic card under XP/DirectX9.