Ghost Recon.net Forums
BigOlBrain

Is it just me or is everyone running faster?

I like the demo for the most part but man it seems like everyone is on turbo or something. IMO you run way too fast and it seems like every new game gets a little faster...not good.

And those lines at the top and bottom of the UI....man please give us the option to turn that crap off. I don't know...that just bugs me.

Other than that I liked the demo a lot. Graphics look really nice and I like the map a lot.

But the run speed...... :wall:

EDIT: Oops...I see in the other topic it was brought up as well. Man I hope they fix this.....unless it's supposed to be like Unreal 3.

I like the demo for the most part but man it seems like everyone is on turbo or something. IMO you run way too fast and it seems like every new game gets a little faster...not good.

And those lines at the top and bottom of the UI....man please give us the option to turn that crap off. I don't know...that just bugs me.

Other than that I liked the demo a lot. Graphics look really nice and I like the map a lot.

But the run speed...... :wall:

EDIT: Oops...I see in the other topic it was brought up as well. Man I hope they fix this.....unless it's supposed to be like Unreal 3.

Yeah last night i was playing and i saw a lot of running and gunnig ( I think it because the drone ??). I also keep "dropping out" like in GRAW 1.

Yeah last night i was playing and i saw a lot of running and gunnig ( I think it because the drone ??). I also keep "dropping out" like in GRAW 1.

Yep, I thought they might have fixed that issue but I had the same problem. :wall:

Agreed..running is waaaaaay too fast. Would like to see them change that if possible.

Agreed..running is waaaaaay too fast. Would like to see them change that if possible.

The thing is...it's not even close to what it should be. I mean I think Halo's run speed is slower than this. This is a big issue imo.

The first GRAW was too fast but this is just crazy.

yes, running is too fast, and you can fire too accurately while moving, and you can fire too accurately right after stopping moving. Reticule penalty should be greater for moving.

yes, running is too fast, and you can fire to accurately while moving, and you can fire to accurately right after stopping moving. Reticule penalty should be greater for moving.

yeah running is insane. and i love how they run so fast but their rifle never drops from headshot status. lol anyways i made a thread earlier regarding the ability (STILL) to fire .50 cal rifles in a full run standing up and get head shots. insane. just give me a plasma grenade and a gravity gun since that is about the same level of realism. errr...

also the drop outs are terrible. hopefully this is because of a rushed demo no one i know can host a 4 player room without someone dropping out or losing sound. never had the problem before. in addition what genius decided 10 min was the max for the demo when i see crap like that i always suspect that someone is trying to keep us from noticing something in the game. like maybe for instance you cant keep a connection to the host for more than 10 min. please i hope this is not the case in the final game.

yes, running is too fast, and you can fire to accurately while moving, and you can fire to accurately right after stopping moving. Reticule penalty should be greater for moving.

yeah running is insane. and i love how they run so fast but their rifle never drops from headshot status. lol anyways i made a thread earlier regarding the ability (STILL) to fire .50 cal rifles in a full run standing up and get head shots. insane. just give me a plasma grenade and a gravity gun since that is about the same level of realism. errr...

also the drop outs are terrible. hopefully this is because of a rushed demo no one i know can host a 4 player room without someone dropping out or losing sound. never had the problem before. in addition what genius decided 10 min was the max for the demo when i see crap like that i always suspect that someone is trying to keep us from noticing something in the game. like maybe for instance you cant keep a connection to the host for more than 10 min. please i hope this is not the case in the final game.

Myself and another host have been able to hold 12 - 16 people in rooms. Once we got to about 12 in a couple of cases we had comms issues and some drops.

I think the 10 mins restriction adds to the demo because its greater challenge and it woud be a far more easier mission if we had to complete it in say 20 mins.Wouldnt be much replayability(but then agin it worries me about the full game)

And i too think movement is abit on the "top gear" side.

The first GRAW was too fast but this is just crazy.

Yes, i thought they would made it slower this time than the first. Actually it should be slower than the first. Serrelan please rescue this situation because game is almost perfect.

Edited by Lysander

Myself and another host have been able to hold 12 - 16 people in rooms. Once we got to about 12 in a couple of cases we had comms issues and some drops.

well thats reassuring , it could be something with us. however we have no probs with any other games. hmmm not sure, and as far as people saying 10 min. is fine. makes no sense. people are complaining the running is too fast yet the demo last 10 min. thanks to the ability to run like the wing it is possible to beat the mission in 10 min. but if you like to play slower with no drone, and giving orders like alot of players do then 10 min. dont cut it. it just makes it annoying.

I'm just going to ring in on the running to fast part.

Yes it's to fast, slow it down please!

Also on the hosting i been able to host full 16 player rooms fine with noone dropping out!

No matter how many people you guys can hold....there are issues for many of us. I got dropped the first 3 games I played and I never have connection/speed problems. Same thing I see over on the IGN boards...it's a real issue

I don't care how many people you guys can hold....there are issues for many of us. I got dropped the first 3 games I played and I never have connection/speed problems. Same thing I see over on the IGN boards...it's a real issue

yeah its great that some are having no problem with hosting. and not to get off topic as the thread is about the speed of the game. but the issue persists and is all over many of the boards from ign, to gamespot etc. holding 16 in general (and yes i said generally, not all the time) has been a problem. it seems as if you get above 14 the game starts falling apart. that is something i dont particularly care about as i think these maps are made for about 8 to 10 players playing tactically (not run and gun). But when a demo cant hold a few players and it is a persistent problem for alot of people i would hope it gets looked at before release in some sort of patch scenario.

I will say this about the speed. I agree that it seems to be fast while playing. However if anybody has ever played paintball (or been to war) i can't speak on war cause I have never been..... but paint ball wise it seems that your enemy gets from point A to point B quickly and the developers are simply trying to capture this sense of battle. Just a thought....

I have loved the game. In GRAW 1 I loved the M468 SD but I have to say in the MP demo for GRAW 2 I love the Rx4 Storm SD. More Zoom, seems to have better accuracy and a tighter shot group. Any input or opinion on the reason for the speed and or weapon preferances would also be great.

Well I was invited into a Dev game last night by Braybot - Chris Bray (Lead Designer RSE). You can see his comments on the MP map Aftermath here - http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1903/GRA...e-Aftermath/p2/ .

It was a bit hectic at there were a bunch of random gamers that had been invited in and most of the Dev's had GT's like rse01 - rse04 ... but .... the one comment that that came out loud and clear was - "The foot speed in GRAW2 is the same as in GRAW." I am not who who said it but it was repeated twice.

So maybe there was some other change inthe game that makes it seem that we are moving faster but unless someone from RSE chines in to recant the comment made last night we are not moving any faster in GRAW2.

BTW - the room was anywhere from 12 - 16 and while there were some comms issues and a coupel of people lost "game sound" no one dropped during some 2 hours of gameplay.

BTW - the room was anywhere from 12 - 16 and while there were some comms issues and a coupel of people lost "game sound" no one dropped during some 2 hours of gameplay.

me and one of my buddies played campaign last night. we ran into those issues plus horrible lag. and this is the first i've ever encountered it. and it was only 2 of us. the night before i ran perfectly hosting 8 people in my room on campaign. then i remembered my buddy lives on the west coast and i live on the east coast. my 8 friends from the night before all live within 350 miles from me. i'm not saying that long distances from the server are the only cause for these issues but it definitely can't help it. if you remember in vegas that the ping values are right next to the names. and when you see yellow or red dots, chances are that person has a crappy connection or lives far away form the server. just a thought.

.... the one comment that that came out loud and clear was - "The foot speed in GRAW2 is the same as in GRAW." I am not who who said it but it was repeated twice.

They can say it as loud and clear as they like but everyone on this board has noticed it and everyone has agreed so I'm not sure why they are denying it. I can't think of what else they might have changed to make it appear that we run faster but whatever it is, it needs to be changed before it ships.

Oh wait...it's gold isn't it? Not good.

Ya know maybe it's something wrong with the demo.....I don't know but the game gets more and more casual all the time.

The only way I can describe it is, say it it took 100 frames or screen updates to get from point A to point B, its like its cut down and using less? so rather the being fluid, its not.

Not talking lagg here either. this is watching others run

I feel that I run the same speed, but watching others seems speeded up.

Edited by methz68

There's no way the run speed is the same as GRAW1.

And hopefully the dev gang does and can remedy this with a patch. Clearly a large majority of the consistent core GR gamers notice this as an issue.

Now we hope and pray for a patch.

There's no way the run speed is the same as GRAW1.

Yeah, especially since you slide even when running at lower speed :ermm:

Maybe it's the graphics. Maybe it's the environment that's small so that it feels like your running faster but it's actually the environment that's smaller than you think. Just a wild guess ^_^

I will say this about the speed. I agree that it seems to be fast while playing. However if anybody has ever played paintball (or been to war) i can't speak on war cause I have never been..... but paint ball wise it seems that your enemy gets from point A to point B quickly and the developers are simply trying to capture this sense of battle. Just a thought....

I have loved the game. In GRAW 1 I loved the M468 SD but I have to say in the MP demo for GRAW 2 I love the Rx4 Storm SD. More Zoom, seems to have better accuracy and a tighter shot group. Any input or opinion on the reason for the speed and or weapon preferances would also be great.

I agree 100% about the paint ball referance. I play paintball about every other weekend, and even overwieght and out of shape I can get aroung the field very quick and the game doesn't seem to been in overdrive to me . I mean do the people posting complaints about the speed want the game in slow motion, were you are able to pick someone of at a dead run. In paintball it is fairly difficult to hit a moving target at range, but paintballs are not bullets. And this is a ''TACTICAL SHOOTER'', use the speed to your advantage.