New WytchDokta stuff

WytchDokta

Time to rejuvinate this thread.

I've got a couple of side projects on the go that I plan to release into the Free Stuff section when they're done.

These side projects are:

WD CamoPack v2

First and foremost, all the original camos from v1 will feature, but this time they will be .psd's, not.rsb's. There's a few updates to the original skins (including adding the correct pockets to the correct trousers - the forthcoming WD WrinklesPack helped with this)

There will be over 60 new camos including some very rare camos. The Current list is as follows:

- Angolan

- Bosnian woodland

- Bosnian green woodland

- British Army WW2

- Bulgarian 1953 "Splinter"

- Burkina Faso

- Chinese woodland 1

- Chinese woodland 2

- Chinese woodland 3

- Cuban tigerstripe

- Dutch DPM

- Dutch jungle

- ERDL desert

- ERDL 1960's pattern

- Egyptian desert

- Egyptian "Eggs"

- French "Lizard"

- Generic black

- Generic blue

- Generic grey

- Generic olive drab #2

- Generic white

- German 1980's prototype flecktarn

- German current issue flecktarn

- German DDR "Blumentarn"

- German DDR "Needles/Rain"

- German DDR "Sagezahnmuster"

- Hungarian 1950's Recon

- Hungarian "Fennoks"

- Italian 1929 "Mimetico"

- Japanese Defence Forces (JDF) flecktarn

- Kazakh para

- Kwazulu

- Malay "Bomba"

- New Zealand DPM

- Philipino branch

- Philipino "Choco"

- Polish "Amoeba" woodland

- Polish "Amoeba" desert

- Polish 1950's "Rain"

- Portuguese brushstroke

- Rumanian leaf

- Russian "Parsley"

- Russian "Rastr"

- South African desert

- South Korean "Noodles"

- Spanish "Amoeba"

- US 3-color desert

- US Desert NightOps

- USAF digital tiger

- USMC "Duckhunter"

- USMC WW2

- Vietnamese "Bamboo"

- WD "Aboriginy"

- WD "Blobbytarn"

- WD "Croc"

- WD "Leopard"

- WD "POSTMANPAT"

- WD "Snake"

- WD "Tiger"

- WD "Wolf"

- WD "Zebra"

Add those to the camos I had in v1 and you've got well over 100 camo's. The above list is not final and is liable to change slightly before I finalise everything. It's likely that other GR skinners could be assisting with v2.

WD WrinklesPack

This will be an extended wrinkles pack. By this I mean I've surpassed what Wildcat and Mike Schell did with their wrinkles (ask ingeloop, he'll verify what I just said.) Virtually every set of legs, amrs, torsos, and headwear from [GR] + expansions will be made into wrinkles. There's even my own custom wrinkles, I've done a jacket with two zipped upper pockets and two normal lower pockets etc. Everything will be in subfolders - one folder for all the wrinkles for all the Arms, one for the legs etc.

The respective threads for these side projects (including screenshots) will be started once I've completed a little more work on each.

Edited by WytchDokta

I'm still looking for swatches of Brazilian camo [/hint].

I'm also trying to get hold of the rest of the Italian camos (old woodland, old desert, new digi woodland, new digi desert)

The camo of Kwazulu is real funky. I guess most of you haven't seen Kwazulu camo, bet ya don't even know where in the world Kwazulu is. The Malay "Bomba" camo is quite funky too, similar to the bright orange and black Russian camo.

OK cool. Hit me up with a PM once you've found it. :)

Before I put in the Kwazulu camo, I need to double check the swatch - my swatch has it with the pattern on a kinda lilac base colour, I need to check that as lilac in the desert doesn't seem right. The other colours in the pattern, brown and green, seem correct, they certainly aren't distorted. Perhaps the swatch base colour is correct after all, I dunno. I acquired the Kwazulu camo from an anonymous source, so I don't know where the swatch originates from. Google can't seem to locate anything on Kwazulu camo.

thanks for expanding the available camos and upgrading the tools WD. I 'm curious about this " WD wolf".

It's wolf fur "camo" pattern; the "Snake" is snake skin camo, works really well for desert environments; the "Croc" is a desertised crocodile skin (sandy brown colour skin) "camo"; "Leopard", "Tiger" and "Zebra" are all patterns (not fur ones) based on those animals, so yes, the tiger one is orange and black.

WD_wolf_camo.jpg

WD_Blobbytarn.jpg

(Mr. Blobby's suit turned into camo by me. If you don't know who Mr. Blobby is, then Google it)

WD_POSTMANPAT.jpg

(Another play on words in my "-PAT" range. This will give my COWPAT "camo" a run for it's money)

Why is it, that when I'm listening to singer/songwriter Lisa-Marie Keegan telling me she'll be my angel (watching over me) on this track, I seem to churn these skins out faster? :wub:

Looking great WD.

:))

You now need to change you sig quote to "WytchDokta is burning the forum." Incidently, some of the camos in that list were intended for release in v1, but I had to drop them out for several reasons (one reason being that they weren't quite finished, another reason being time restrictions.)

I set about starting v2 straight after v1 was released, and alot of the skins I had prepped for v2 got forgotten about as I took some time off modding over the Christmas period. But see, heresy grows from idelness, so I had to get back to work on v2.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've also got something else in the works for the Free Stuff section. I could have it released later today or tomorrow. It's just a few soundbytes I put together for the Ghost Recon Is Forever propaganda campaign that modders might find useful to include somewhere in their mods. Some might even include them in their sigs.

What are your thoughts on this?

Click the link in my sig to obtain one of those sounds prior to it's release.

I'm behind schedule with it, I just got back from my trip to Val Thorens I have pics of me trying out the new WytchDokta Terror Korps equipment and camo scheme out there :whistle: . I've got 11 of the sounds done, I plan to do more as a little something for Tinker (as per his request), so I might include those sounds in the pack too.

It's good to be back.

But, theres so many Camos that I wouldnt know what to choose! =O

In that case, it will choose you.

Someone split this down into its own thread. So in that case, I'll post stuff from CamoPack v2, WrinklePack and the audio 'mod' (title to be announced) in this thread instead of opening new threads for each of them.

One love. One game. One Ghost Recon.

=)

.. still staring at the best GRNET signature...

Have you read the small print on the sig then? That's probably why you're still staring at it.

Thanks for the kind words about the sig.

@GiWeDa, fair play for splitting this thread from the other one, but I've just noticed the thread title is a bit funky.... It reads "WythchDokta", whoever that person is.

Edited by WytchDokta

The camo of Kwazulu is real funky. I guess most of you haven't seen Kwazulu camo, bet ya don't even know where in the world Kwazulu is.
I've never heard of a Kwazulu camo pattern, but Kwazulu is in eastern South Africa. It's where the Zulus are from and it's now a part of the state of Kwazulu-Natal. So :P

I even know someone from that state, although I haven't talked to him in months.

Edited by Ryan243

The camo of Kwazulu is real funky. I guess most of you haven't seen Kwazulu camo, bet ya don't even know where in the world Kwazulu is.
I've never heard of a Kwazulu camo pattern, but Kwazulu is in eastern South Africa. It's where the Zulus are from and it's now a part of the state of Kwazulu-Natal. So :P

I even know someone from that state, although I haven't talked to him in months.

The base colour of the Kwazulu camo, atleast for the swatch I have, is purple. Purple in a desert environment?

Edited by WytchDokta

I can't see how any shade of purple would be a good color for a desert pattern. The only colors I can think of that would be worse are either fluorescent or (in nature) are only seen on a few flowers.

Based on nearly every picture or movie I've ever seen of Africa, most of Africa doesn't look much different than most of Texas and large parts of Australia (both of which I'm very familiar with). And any shade of purple wouldn't work in Texas or Australia, so I can't imagine what the hell the people in South Africa were thinking.

The only reference I see to a Kwazulu camo is in a court transcript (just search for the word camo) which does nothing but mention it, and based on context it it appears to be a police pattern. No idea what color it is. But I now at least know there is a pattern called Kwazulu.

Where did you find this pattern anyway?

Don't know squat about Zulu Land, but I lived for a while in the Trans Pecos region of Texas and studied wildlife biology at Sul Ross St Univ in Alpine - here is an example of the Trans Pecos region, Big Bend National Park area, during February/March the Lupine blooms and is all over the lowland hilly areas near the Rio Grande...not exactly purple, but getting there....much darker than the classic BlueBonnets... a pic from the internet...taken on a trip by a couple of botanists..

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/migryder/lupine.jpg

Yea, I once had a guy from South Africa tell me that Trans Pecos Texas is just more of the Transvaal as far as geography goes...

mig :ph34r: