Gimme Danger Video

newman

I know... it's just the X360 demo... but the only thing rattling thru my head while watching the HD "Gimme Danger" preview?

...with my apologies to Princess Amidala...

"So this is how the tactical simulation dies... with a hard rock soundtrack and arcade interface..."

I have officially given up on Ghost Recon, the series. Clearly Ubi has a vision for the game that does not now, nor doubtful will ever again, mesh with my expectations. GRAW frustrated me. I see more of the same with GRAW 2. I'm not saying the game won't be a success... I'm not bashing it from that perspective, I'm just saying it's no longer the game for me...

Take care ya'all... it's been an awesome 5+ years! I'll still be crawling around the [GR] forums, I'm sure. :)

-JK

Callsign 3Point

That's a rather rash decision to make based on music from a trailer.. at least wait for a demo?

Hey Luger,

It's not the music... it's the entire game. GRAW2 is just more of the same from GRAW. I know people here like the game and I'm not bashing it. It will be popular. It's just not for me. I still want a sequel to [GR]. My sig says it all.. I think there should be two independent games because both would be popular. I'm not a GRAW hater per se... it's just no longer a game I wish to play (or spend ANOTHER $50 on)... I miss the intense "in game" feeling I still get from [GR]... The trailer clearly shows the arcade interface and "run n gun" attitude which is very popular with console gamers. Will GRiN clean it up for PC? I hope so. Will it fundamentally change GRAW2 to make it more like [GR]? I don't think so. And I'm really disappointed because IF UBI/GRiN would take the game/physics engine of GRAW2 and TRULY make a sequel to [GR] it would be one of the most incredible game experiences EVER. You can see the potential... but...

The financials of the game industry show consoles are where the money is at and as a hard-core supply-and-demand economist I'm okay with that. I'm really NOT trying to go out on a flame-job like some around here have done... I'm just resigned to the fact that there will never be a sequel to [GR]. GRAW and GRAW2 are completely new and different games. If you took "Ghost Recon" off the GRAW name I would never have spent the money, as the game style isn't what I'm looking for. Do I feel UBI played fast with the name to secure sales? Yes, I do. But that was a business decision and on some level I am okay with that as well.

I know some around here believe as I do, while plenty of others are okay with GRAW . I'm okay with them liking it. :) No bashing, no flaming and no hating from me...

-jk

Callsign 3Point

It's not the music... it's the entire game. GRAW2 is just more of the same from GRAW. I know people here like the game and I'm not bashing it. It will be popular. It's just not for me. I still want a sequel to [GR]. My sig says it all.. I think there should be two independent games because both would be popular. I'm not a GRAW hater per se... it's just no longer a game I wish to play (or spend ANOTHER $50 on)... I miss the intense "in game" feeling I still get from [GR]... The trailer clearly shows the arcade interface and "run n gun" attitude which is very popular with console gamers. Will GRiN clean it up for PC? I hope so. Will it fundamentally change GRAW2 to make it more like [GR]? I don't think so. And I'm really disappointed because IF UBI/GRiN would take the game/physics engine of GRAW2 and TRULY make a sequel to [GR] it would be one of the most incredible game experiences EVER. You can see the potential... but...

The financials of the game industry show consoles are where the money is at and as a hard-core supply-and-demand economist I'm okay with that. I'm really NOT trying to go out on a flame-job like some around here have done... I'm just resigned to the fact that there will never be a sequel to [GR]. GRAW and GRAW2 are completely new and different games. If you took "Ghost Recon" off the GRAW name I would never have spent the money, as the game style isn't what I'm looking for. Do I feel UBI played fast with the name to secure sales? Yes, I do. But that was a business decision and on some level I am okay with that as well.

I know some around here believe as I do, while plenty of others are okay with GRAW . I'm okay with them liking it. :) No bashing, no flaming and no hating from me...

-jk

Callsign 3Point

Well said, i to also feel that GRAW has evloved into a different game. Not a bad game, in fact probably the best 360 online game out there atm. But it has lost alot of the factors that made the orginal GRs great. They are 2 different beasts now. I would love to play a [GR] based game again but i doubt there is the money or audience there for it to come anywhere near GRAWs success. Harsh but unfortuately true.