One concern I have about GRAW 2...Serellan?

BigOlBrain

Connection problems! As it is now I get "CONNECTION FAILED" in GRAW all the time and it sometimes completely keeps me from playing.

I know it's not on my side either....I have a good connection and speed and never have any problems in any other games.

I can honestly say that I don't know if I would buy GRAW 2 if there were the same online issues as GRAW. Online is my main focus....if I can't play online then I really don't have much reason to buy it.

Serellan...you guys doing anything different this time?

EDIT: Also will we be able to see games that are in lobby vs games that are in play? And can we go back to the games we already searched for if we decide not to join vs having to search all over again?

I was going to start a thread on GRAW2 MP questions but this seems to fit the bill. Apologies in advance to Brain for hitching a ride on his topic.

IS GRAW2 coop going to allow people to play through the SP campaign or are we going to be limited to the short "Chapters" we saw in GRAW?

Are there going to be new classes in MP? Specifically medic?

Are the classes going to be differentiated any more/less than they were in GRAW?

How many MP maps?

Is the host going to be able to save more than 3 custom gametypes and kits? And will they be be able to name them?

Any new weapons?

Will the MULE make an MP appearance? Airstrikes?

How will ranked rooms be set up and what host controls (if any) will be in ranked rooms?

Any new gametypes?

What is GRAW2 bringing to the MP table that we did not get in GRAW?

Well from my experience my frustration comes from waiting for 10 mins in a lobby and when more than five people play I always get dropped. I don't think Ive ever played a coop game with six people or more.

Yeah what I really like is when you wait for 5 minutes then as soon as the game starts you get "connection failed". :wall:

I'm sorry to hear you guys get connection failed or dropped. I been playing this game since it first came out and can't ever recall ever getting a connection failed or being dropped! If this happens alot maybe you need to refresh your cache you would be surprised on how much this makes your x360 run better!

Anyways i would like to know more on what W1ngsh0t said myself. Mustly the CooP part, hope it ain't anything like it was last time.

I'm sorry to hear you guys get connection failed or dropped. I been playing this game since it first came out and can't ever recall ever getting a connection failed or being dropped!

Yeah be glad...all I want is to play the game.

Lots of people are having problems like this. Do you use a wireless router?

I have heard for whatever reason GRAW has issues with wireless router.....sounds strange to me but I don't know enough about networking to say. I do know my signal to my 360 is very strong because I have tested it. I play R6:V, GoW, COD, etc. with no problems at all. It's very frustrating to no be able to get into a game when you like a game as much as I do GRAW.

How od you refresh your cache?

Thing is, would a Ghost have access to an AK-47? Personally I like the limited weapon choice. I would like to see accessories, silencers, or different scopes (ie R6) being available though.

Don't care about the AK, but I would have loved to use the M-468/468SD in the single player.

Also, if the M16/M4 couldn't be in Rainbow Six due to some conflict with Colt, will that impact GRAW2 as well?

I'd like the customizable weapons too, but I thought I read that was a part of it already? Would be nice to have that in MP too.

What usually causes connection timeouts is latency. Latency is sporadic, but you can get a general idea of how latent your connection is by running a traceroute out to an internet destination. Typically, cable connections are much less latent than DSL connections. T1 and DS3 connections (business class) are the most stable. I currently have DSL, but will be switching to cable internet in the near future because I like to game online and my DSL line incurs 50ms latency to the first hop on my provider's network.

What usually causes connection timeouts is latency. Latency is sporadic, but you can get a general idea of how latent your connection is by running a traceroute out to an internet destination. Typically, cable connections are much less latent than DSL connections. T1 and DS3 connections (business class) are the most stable. I currently have DSL, but will be switching to cable internet in the near future because I like to game online and my DSL line incurs 50ms latency to the first hop on my provider's network.

Mine is Cable.....I've tested my connection through the pc as well as the 360 and I get a fairly strong signal. Not sure why it hates GRAW so much.

And the funny thing is that when I do get in a game I have no lag at all......then it just drops.

I'm sorry to hear you guys get connection failed or dropped. I been playing this game since it first came out and can't ever recall ever getting a connection failed or being dropped!

I have heard for whatever reason GRAW has issues with wireless router.....sounds strange to me but I don't know enough about networking to say. I do know my signal to my 360 is very strong because I have tested it. I play R6:V, GoW, COD, etc. with no problems at all. It's very frustrating to no be able to get into a game when you like a game as much as I do GRAW.

I'm hard wired through a router. I want the best connection i can get and don't believe in Wireless.

As for refreshing/clearing cache there is two ways of doing it.

1. When you first start a game and it's in the black screen (After the x360 start up logo) hold the A botton down until after the games logo screen has gone and pasted or wait until it says hit start to play game! More or less let it run through all the start up logo's it goes through as you holding down the A botton!

2. Go to the System Blade, and then select memory. Go to Options (Y) on either the HD or MU. Then quickly press X-X-LB-RB-X-X. Answer Yes to the confirmation screen, and there you go. Sometimes game updates will have to be re-downloaded, but your cache is all cleared. It will not delete no game saves or anything you Down loaded just sometimes it may ask you to update the game again.

The most simple way of doing it is step 1 and can be done everytime you play with no trouble (though it's not needed to do it everytime just when you see the x360 acting up). If you feel your x360 getting slow/freezing, try step 1 next time you restart your game. Everything should speed up and run much smother than it was before.

I'm hard wired through a router. I want the best connection i can get and don't believe in Wireless.

As for refreshing/clearing cache there is two ways of doing it.

1. When you first start a game and it's in the black screen (After the x360 start up logo) hold the A botton down until after the games logo screen has gone and pasted or wait until it says hit start to play game! More or less let it run through all the start up logo's it goes through as you holding down the A botton!

2. Go to the System Blade, and then select memory. Go to Options (Y) on either the HD or MU. Then quickly press X-X-LB-RB-X-X. Answer Yes to the confirmation screen, and there you go. Sometimes game updates will have to be re-downloaded, but it's a all refreshed. It will not delete no game saves or anything you Down loaded just sometimes it may ask you to update the game again.

The most simple way of doing it is step 1 and can be done everytime you play with no trouble (though it's not needed to do it everytime just when you see the x360 acting up). If you feel your x360 getting slow/freezing, try step 1 next time you restart your game. Everything should speed up and run much smother than it was before.

Thanks...I'll try it.

IS GRAW2 coop going to allow people to play through the SP campaign or are we going to be limited to the short "Chapters" we saw in GRAW?

Be careful what you wish for. I think this is what they were hoping to do in GRAW and it would have limited co-op to 4 players. If you recall, early reports on GRAW were that it would be 4 player co-op.

From reading between the lines on some posts from Devs, they were not able to get the story co-op working so they abandoned it and stuck with the 16 player co-op.

I would gladly take the different missions and 16 player co-op over playing the SP campaign in 4 player co-op like Vegas. For one, I don't find the SP campaign to be very much in the mold of what GR should be and two, 4 player co-op is very limiting when you have a core group of 8-10 people who like to game together.

Just the fact there is 16 player co-op keeps my group coming back to the GR series.

Offering both SP campaign in online co-op and offering the current 16 player co-op would be ideal, but if they replaced the current co-op system with a 4 player co-op through the SP campaign, I would not purchase that game.

Be careful what you wish for. I think this is what they were hoping to do in GRAW and it would have limited co-op to 4 players. If you recall, early reports on GRAW were that it would be 4 player co-op.

From reading between the lines on some posts from Devs, they were not able to get the story co-op working so they abandoned it and stuck with the 16 player co-op.

I would gladly take the different missions and 16 player co-op over playing the SP campaign in 4 player co-op like Vegas. For one, I don't find the SP campaign to be very much in the mold of what GR should be and two, 4 player co-op is very limiting when you have a core group of 8-10 people who like to game together.

Just the fact there is 16 player co-op keeps my group coming back to the GR series.

Offering both SP campaign in online co-op and offering the current 16 player co-op would be ideal, but if they replaced the current co-op system with a 4 player co-op through the SP campaign, I would not purchase that game.

I agree ... to a degree - the "Missions/Chapters" were to limited in scope and the group that I play with grew tired of them failrly quickly. Chapter 2 was better than chapter 1. Also a lot of those were not particularly well suited for anything above 8 - 10 and I think 4 - 6 made it a decent challenge. Going through a campaign with 4 - 6 would be fine by me - our "core" group is some 30 players so it is going to be split into multiple rooms regardless.

I would prefer a complete campaign rather than just 4 missions as well ;) Unless they want to offer an MP version only with epsodic releases of chapters. I would be all over that.

As for the single player campaign not being GR'esque .. I wouldn't know I never played beyond the training mission. I would really like to see developers start making a game based around the MP side of things - make a great Coop Campaign - add in coop mp gametypes as well as vs. MP gametypes. Then make frequent releases of maps and Coop chapters to keep the game fresh.

So what I really want is not to be able to play the SP campaign incoop online but a "designed for coop" campaign :P

To some extent I liked the way the missions worked out in GR2 and GRSS better than the way they did in GRAW for MP. Those missions seemed to have more of a challenge and in GRSS we were given less linear missions. The missions were just a little too short in GRAW. In other aspects I liked GRAW better. I liked that they were more "open" in GRAW. Meaning we could do things in the order we chose, not having to follow a linear mission path.

Unfortunately, I never really got to play too many missions of GR1 online, so I can't comment on those in co-op.

I'm fine with 4 player CooP if it comes to playing the SP mission! Heck i'm even fine with just 2 player just as long as we get to play the SP missions!

To be honest if i have more than 3 friends on at a time we doing team matchs not CooP. Besides todays CooP still has no replay value so once i play them once or twice i really don't care to go back.

As for 16 player CooP i'm also ok with this, but more of a firefight mission or other game types. As for the SP mission themselfs 4 players is more than i would ever want to bring in anyways! If you ask me i would rather see a option to pick how hard the level is instead of the level being as hard as the number of people in the room!

The beauty of coop is when the team really works together, communicate, and don't just learn the spawn points and go on solo completing the mission. The GRAW coop missions i didnt think were too short while the campaign itself was, and the objectives were fairly similar and repetitive. Coops strongest missions were in woodland /jungle compared to Urban(imo). I'm hoping coop level design will focus more on this than urban combat.

GRAW single player coop i think would be too heavily scripted linear and grow old very fast. That said I never played coop on GR2 or GRSS. (Is vegas singleplayer coop popular at at all?)