CENTCOM MOD

jay316

I was checking this out last night. I love the characters and setting, great stuff. I have a question though. Is there suppose to be an insertion movie for the first mission? All I get is black, but I can hear the chopper and radio chatter, and I can see the road line just sitting there, but it's pretty much a black void and then shortly after the mission starts.

Awesome stuff overall though. Reminds me what [GR] is still the best.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, theres supposed to be a cinematic, marines getting off of a Huey chopper?

Maybe the map is just too dark for you to see?

Great mod, and they still call the characters "Ghosts" if you watch the intro movie (or if you have it enabled), how many mods still call the characters "5th SFG The Ghosts"?

Edited by Foxtrot360

• 1 month later...

I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now, and it is an awesome mod! :D It challenges my ~7-yo system a tad but generally is playable (the weapons models in particular may be overly detailed for my ancient system). Anyhoo I'm a bit stuck on the last mission -- I've been through all the buildings, but I can't find the guy we're sposed to rescue. Are we really sposed to find him, or is it a "mission impossible"?

I've been playing this for a couple of weeks now, and it is an awesome mod! :D It challenges my ~7-yo system a tad but generally is playable (the weapons models in particular may be overly detailed for my ancient system). Anyhoo I'm a bit stuck on the last mission -- I've been through all the buildings, but I can't find the guy we're sposed to rescue. Are we really sposed to find him, or is it a "mission impossible"?

have you really checked all the buildings? he could be on the 2nd floor in one of those. ;)

• 1 year later...

First download >THIS< Very small download. Simply delete your mission folder found in Centcom, then add the mission folder included in above download. 02 Jan 2007

Next download >THIS< This time put these new mission files into your Centcom/mission folder and "YES" to overwrite any. 17 Mar 2007

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Thx for this great mod. I have played for almost 5 hours with a buddy in coop mode, and we just finished mission 5. I am totally stunned, about all the cool new features, you have added to the Ghost Recon Experience. For example, we were owned 3 times by mines, until we discovered them :thumbsup:

Greetings from Germany :thumbsup:

i did the CentCom Remixed addon and am happy to report that there will be another 5 missions released around xmas!!

CentCom lives.

Will they cover operations in afhganistan or iraq?

But great news anyway :thumbsup:

I am in the last mission of CENTCOM. The bloody contractor will not follow me out of building wall.gif !?!?

i had the same problem in mission 6. The informant didn't follow me after end of the meeting. I moved alone with my team to the LZ and used the "autowin" command to end the mission.

I am in the last mission of CENTCOM. The bloody contractor will not follow me out of building :wall: !?!?

Most have had this issue. Tag him and go downstairs. If he does not come down on his own, push him to top of stairs and all should be fine.

:shifty:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!

First download >THIS< Very small download. Simply delete your mission folder found in Centcom, then add the mission folder included in above download. 02 Jan 2007

Next download >THIS< This time put these new mission files into your Centcom/mission folder and "YES" to overwrite any. 17 Mar 2007

I had to dig out my old GR CDs for this.

Question: So, I have to extract the filed in the following order? Pls correct me if I'm wrong

Centcom_Mod.7z

missionsv3.zip

CentCom_Remixed.rar

centcom-mission-fixes-00.7z

Looks like there was a last minute fix applied to the 1 you question. Downloading as stated above will give you the correct set of missions. I`ve just had a chat with Lightspeed, he agrees they are the latest files to have.

Anyone else in any doubts, I`ve compiled all 3 downloads into 1 >HERE<

All files are the same names, so it does not matter what you have at present, just add this to your Centcom folder and overwrite, all good.

Centcom missions fixes

This mission folder is to replace the mission folder in your centcom folder

Just drop the mission folder into your Centcom folder and yes to overwrite.

Or delete the original mission folder first.

Contains:

All previous fixes

Lightspeeds Centcom Remixed

Few extra mission from Tinker

Feel free to post any further issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Just strolled back over to Gr.Net and seen that CentCom was released (yeah, I've been away awhile) but with no tactical FPS out on the market...and a new rig here at home....I thought why not reinstall [GR].....(can't waint until Ground Branch comes out!!)....

How do I go about install CentCom.... I've never used 7-Zip file manger before? Can someone walk my simple-self thorugh this.

I DL 7-Zip.... Now what?

Can I simply DL CentCom as usual......... Meaning simple DL it to my desktop (I have DSL). Or do I use 7-Zip to DL it????

Or do I use the 7-zip once it has already been DL to my desktop?

Thanks for the help......