• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put out 1 last request to anyone who could help with this mission:

:please:

ROADBLOCK

Right click and save as...mission file, pop it in Centcom/Mission Folder

Lone sniper mission

Will not CTD

Just seems to have counter issue somewere. Jeep does not get removed sometimes, and have to end game,

:(

Tinker

• 2 weeks later...

Thnx for the offer GiWeDa. Don`t worry too much about it, but if you have any luck it would be good. Once or twice it played correct to the end, but no luck in fixing it so far. Vehicles moving regulary through the checkpoint. At random times a suicide driver speeds in, you shoot the driver, demo guys move in blow the jeep and clear the road, jeep dissapears. Sometimes jeep does not dissapear and it blocks road and prevents the mission from carrying on. There are random suicide bombers that run at the checkpoint too, but they are fine. Anything bad gets to checkpoint and boom, mission fail. Bad guys have no lights on.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/fileman/users/ti...3D%20sniper.mis

right click save as

Tinker

:)

Hi

All i can say is i spent a long time trying to please and fix what i could. I sent everything to Jay.

I believe he sent it on to Rocky.

Tinker

:shifty:

The last I knew was the discussion we had Tinker, when Jay had the files, but had not passed them on to me until I asked about them. I immediately added them to the download entry. If you have any other fixes I didn't catch, plz let me know.

<_<

I have to say i have no idea were we are upto here. :lol: There has been that many updates and new things arise, this has just been a nightmare being involved in.

If it can wait, i will spend some time Monday, and get through all the posts and re-check my missions here. If all good, will send across.

Tinker

:ninja:

*EDIT*

There are 5 vehicles that will CTD on you. Had no reply to take them out via a patch?

:o

There are 5 vehicles that will CTD on you. Had no reply to take them out via a patch?

:o

Were my advises ok to solve the issue of the CTD of 4 vehicles?

Also if Jay doesn't reply why don't you release the patch unoffocially? I mean as a self standalone mod to take priority on the mod required list

@Tinker

Why don't you release the patch unoffocially? I mean as a self standalone mod to take priority on the mod required list
That`s a good idea right there.
Sounds a good idea to me too.

In fact, I can hardly believe you'd spend what must have been hours & hours fixing all the Centcom bugs & then stand by awaiting Jay's (or whoever's?) "permission" to release for people a patch you made!

Clearly those Centcom "Leaders" do not care about their mod, so why not release your patch asap? I believe a number of people have been patiently waiting for it. :yes:

Cannot promise it will fix everyone else`s issues. A large portion of problems have been related to low end PC Specs. Centcom did a very good job of finding most of the GR Limits, more you shall see from myself in the future hopefully. :whistle:

Hopefully, this can be released public soon, containing everything that has been weeded out. With that, any further issues, should be easier to pinpoint.

Tinker

^ Tinker, great news about the patch -- & a fast reply!

Respectfully, however... ?

A large portion of problems have been related to low end PC Specs.
:wacko: Maybe you made this remark by way of acting "correctly" as a staff poster... dunno? ...but clearly from the threads listing Centcom problems & also the fix-its you reported making yourself, your above statement cannot be true/correct.

Many troubles/CTDs reported were caused by scripting / tagging errors, along with inadequate testing; they had/have nothing at all to do with people's PCs!

Anyhow, no matter the issues, it's good to hear a patch may be on the way. :thumbsup:

I hate to get into such a thing, but I feel I need to set some of the record straight here. (The following reflects my opinion and my opinion only, it does not necessarily reflect that of +SD's or any of it's affiliated members)

Many troubles/CTDs reported were caused by scripting / tagging errors, along with inadequate testing;

I find this somewhat offensive to be honest. I was on the beta testing team and put in many a long hour trying to help Jay and the other centcom modders stress test and (sometimes) break their mod to help deliver a product that would be as stable as possible.

Obviously, no application is 100% stable on every machine... this is very basic, and stuff is going to happen. IIRC, you were offered a position to help script for the mod and provide your input on the issues that came up, yet declined. But now you are now criticizing a project that you did not contribute to?

I'm not trying to make any enemies here, so don't shoot the messenger. I'm just saying plain and simple, some of us have a slightly different take on the matter and I can't stand by and watch some good folks' reputations be shot to ######.

In fact, I can hardly believe you'd spend what must have been hours & hours fixing all the Centcom bugs & then stand by awaiting Jay's (or whoever's?) "permission" to release for people a patch you made!

With all due respect to Tinker, who can seemingly work miracles with regularity, it's still the centcom modders who own the rights to the mod. It would be the correct thing to get the OK from them... morally, respectfully and legally.

Clearly those Centcom "Leaders" do not care about their mod, so why not release your patch asap?

Perhaps they simply don't care for the political ######storm that has ensued over a free mod for a six year old game?

Food for thought...

Clearly those Centcom "Leaders" do not care about their mod, so why not release your patch asap?

I disagree with your comment and feel your criticism is unfounded and harsh.

I helped beta test as well. There were many others who put in A LOT of personal hours last fall...for you and for the community.

Please don't hate. :thumbsup:

I really hope this is one of the last effords to bash the CENTCOM mod. It isn't the feedback it desirves! I tested a long time with the developers and the issues that were found were resolved before release. I can assure you that during the long testing phase some testers were certain of the fact a release was more than affordable. Still the developers took extra time adding new (really new) stuff and testing it thoroughly before release.

Aside from the problems some people experienced I, and a lot of my game-buddies never had and never could re-create these CTD issues. Most of these (some were indeed mission script glitches) were due to low end hardware pc's. I had some difficulties on some maps too. But as soon as I tuned my graphics down these issues were gone.

Once again I would like to emphasize that the CENTCOM team deliverd a top notch, creative, innovative and renewed product for Ghost Recon which is very much fun and very enjoyable to play.

For something that is free for download I really hope people take this into account before when they state their dislikings about a mod.

Be constructive not destructive, that is what I learned on these forums!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Toniezz

Well TBH, I don`t know anyone who beta tested the SP Campaign the way it should be played. Lot`s of issues arose in there, that were not picked up by multiplayer testing.

Also i recall spending months testing too. But not once did we run around the map invisible, were all the shadow bugs started to appear, only when you went looking for them in all the out of bounds areas and so.

This thread is just trying to make Centcom stable for all, nothing else. I can`t disagree with any recent posts, but also i have nothing futher to add, besides 1 last stab at a patch.

Tinker

I believe that the post from one of the Centcom modders says much about the development of the mod and that it would be probably difficult to say more.

In the end I would be really happy to see a comprehensive patch that could address the MANY problems that MANY people are having and that Tinker fixed. If the problems have been fixed it means they existed.

If there is a political issue inside the Centocom team the patch, as I suggested, should be released unofficially.

Centcom is a very good mod, with xcool maps and some nice stuff, but there are maaanyyy bugs , CTDs, at least in the single player campaign.

Tinker has found, described and fixed many of the bugs with his "unofficial" patch, what means the beta tests havent been enough, considering the amount of stuff that has been added to the mod's mix.

Anyway, it is certainly an "Unofficial Expansion Pack".

Thats my opinion.

Well TBH, I don`t know anyone who beta tested the SP Campaign the way it should be played. Lot`s of issues arose in there, that were not picked up by multiplayer testing.

Also i recall spending months testing too. But not once did we run around the map invisible, were all the shadow bugs started to appear, only when you went looking for them in all the out of bounds areas and so.

This thread is just trying to make Centcom stable for all, nothing else. I can`t disagree with any recent posts, but also i have nothing futher to add, besides 1 last stab at a patch.

Tinker

I agree :thumbsup:

i spent a lot of time with Jay and other members of the GRnet Team testing the MP but i didn't (and cant remember anybody else say they had) tested it in a full SP campaign.