Ghost Recon.net Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ghost9

March?

The scheduled release is march.. hmm. that doesn't seem like a whole lot of time. which means what... probably that there won't be much of a difference between the two games. I could be and hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like a whole lot of time to make any real upgrades to the game.

The scheduled release is march.. hmm. that doesn't seem like a whole lot of time. which means what... probably that there won't be much of a difference between the two games. I could be and hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like a whole lot of time to make any real upgrades to the game.

No, it doesn't seem like a whole lot of time. I expect it will be new maps, some new weapons, objectives that are the same as the x360. Pretty much more of the same with some improvements I would guess. But nothing that drastically changes the formula of GRAW-1. On the other hand, they could have been working on GRAW2 as other depts were wrapping up on GRAW1.

Who knows. But look on the bright side, at least we don't have to wait another 5 years between games!

No, it doesn't seem like a whole lot of time. I expect it will be new maps, some new weapons, objectives that are the same as the x360. Pretty much more of the same with some improvements I would guess. But nothing that drastically changes the formula of GRAW-1. On the other hand, they could have been working on GRAW2 as other depts were wrapping up on GRAW1.

Who knows. But look on the bright side, at least we don't have to wait another 5 years between games!

Agreed. My guess is that it's going to be a rehash of GRAW with a new campaign, some new weapons and features based on GRAW's feedback. I'm inclined to believe that this is the 'Desert Seige' of GR sequels. If that's the case, why not just make it an add-on, to promote sales of the first game?

P.S.

If time is a factor, I hope they don't have enough time to script a whole bunch of in-game sequences and I will be able to accomplish my individual objectives with true freedom.

Agreed. My guess is that it's going to be a rehash of GRAW with a new campaign, some new weapons and features based on GRAW's feedback. I'm inclined to believe that this is the 'Desert Seige' of GR sequels. If that's the case, why not just make it an add-on, to promote sales of the first game?

P.S.

If time is a factor, I hope they don't have enough time to script a whole bunch of in-game sequences and I will be able to accomplish my individual objectives with true freedom.

So... we're expected to pay $50 for an expansion pack? And this is a good idea?

:angry:

So... we're expected to pay $50 for an expansion pack? And this is a good idea?

:angry:

It is for UBi! :D

Actually, it does sound a bit like an expansion pack, which would be fine with me but not the price of a full game. I guess it depends on how much content is added. But yeah, at the moment, GRAW2 doesn't sound like it's bringing that much new to the table. It does seem kind of odd, I guess we'll find out.

Games in general have turned a bit over the past few years. Anyone hear of Game Fatigue? Basically it's when the publisher keeps pushing out sequels every year of the same game. Need for Speed, Prince of Persia, and Splinter Cell are examples. Not bad games no matter what version or flavor, but pretty much the same thing year in and year out. They're only focus is capitalizing on more of the same.

Do we really need a GRAW2 at the moment? Not really, an expansion pack would be fine, even the xbox version looks like more of the same. But I think UBI wants a GRAW2.

I think Ubi wants a spoon so they can eat my <EXPLETIVE DELETED>.

An expansion wouldn't be a bad idea if GRAW were all fixed up. Nevermind our incessant whining that there are missing features we DEMAND GRIN put in place right this minute, young man, or it's no dessert for you! But just to finish debugging the game that's already been published some seven months ago before expanding or replacing it? Well, THAT makes sense to me.

But then, maybe too much time spent in quality control has warped my brain and now I think that ANYONE out there in the world providing products and/or services is morally obligated to assure their customers of QUALITY products.

If it's an expansion, then I feel UbiShaft is jumping the gun. BUT...

If it's a whole new game, then it's clear that UbiShaft has given up on GRAW. No big surprise there, as so many fans have given up on it as well.

Either way, it's UbiShaft's fault. I wish them a rotten holiday with stockings full of coal and sticks...

BAH FREEKIN' HUMBUG!!!!!!!!

I want ARMED ASSAULT!