New Screens? Posted 12-8-06

Brettzies

So now you have a medic on board.. and it looks like there'll be "very realistic and tactic" revival of downed teammates(approved by the higly acclaimed and realistic R6 Vegas :wall: ). :wacko:

Due to the fact the release is sheduled for march and Ubi always promotes it's console-titles well, there should be some ingame-footage soon. :ph34r:

The 4th screen looks like artwork. But pretty good one.

Edited by rookie

So now you have a medic on board.. and it looks like there'll be "very realistic and tactic" revival of downed teammates(approved by the higly acclaimed and realistic R6 Vegas :wall: ). :wacko:

Due to the fact the release is sheduled for march and Ubi always promotes it's console-titles well, there should be some ingame-footage soon. :ph34r:

The 4th screen looks like artwork. But pretty good one.

http://news4gamers.com/News-17286.aspx

ALSO there... notice on the last paragraph. its says players will have the ability to heal their captain. Hopefully this means 2-4 player coop. single player graphics wise. And your team can heal u.

Why in the hell!!...Don't they simply go back to the original game-play format......where if one Ghost member dies you simply take over another member! - This worked perfectly ...and as is....in the real world. ....The mission simply continues on if one man goes down....

The orginal set-up worked fantastic and flawlessly (in both GR and R6)....R6 has since completely ruined itself with the game nothing more then arcade trash....and now it appears GR is headed the same way.

Sucks that RedStrom sold out........

I played the x360 version, and while it was fun, I have to admit I've never been crazy about the whole Advanced Warfighter concept to begin with. The screen is too cluttered overall, it's a mess. Bright blue diamonds everywhere. I know you can turn them off but then the enemy is way harder to spot and kill then a standard FPS would be. Not a big fan of the cross-com thing or the space suits.

I prefer the more contemporary get-ups, weapons, and settings. And of course, the [GR] gameplay, with more soldiers, no "star," etc. GR:AW is pretty, silky, shiny, and fun...but it's not the same. PC Graw is a bit better, but I still like the old GR series better. If you put a shiny coat of graphics on [GR] on par with anything today and compared it to GR:AW, we all know which would be the better game. Ah well...this is what we have...so.

the only good screenshot there is , is the last one

937003_20061207_screen003s.jpg

I have ALWAYS hated the orange atmosphere of GRAW's HDR. if the game were like the screenshot above, then I'd like it. But i notice that the game runs alot smoother when you turn off the post effects. I like the look of the console in that the road signs look like the ones in the US.

what would really rock, if they could do this for the pc crowd is, make the maps, then allow the editor to determine the draw distance and skybox.

but the user brings up the map, it should be blank like igor with [GR] and then the user can add the bases, code the mission and what not.

Mod Edit: Please LINK or use thumbs no wider than 500 pixels when including large images. Thanks.

Edited by Dannik

the only good screenshot there is , is the last one

937003_20061207_screen003s.jpg

I have ALWAYS hated the orange atmosphere of GRAW's HDR. if the game were like the screenshot above, then I'd like it. But i notice that the game runs alot smoother when you turn off the post effects. I like the look of the console in that the road signs look like the ones in the US.

what would really rock, if they could do this for the pc crowd is, make the maps, then allow the editor to determine the draw distance and skybox.

but the user brings up the map, it should be blank like igor with [GR] and then the user can add the bases, code the mission and what not.

Mod Edit: Please LINK or use thumbs no wider than 500 pixels when including large images. Thanks.

Those are US signs, GRAW 2 takes place in El Paso, Texas as well in Mexico.

Edited by xFilter

I might be the only one who thinks that a tactical medic can be a great idea if it is implemented correctly. It would be great if he could throw a tourniquet on a Ghost who got shot in the arm to get them back on their feet. I think it would be a great idea for stabilizing a non-critical pt. and getting him back on his feet. Tactical medics (18 Delta) have a place on a special ops team and I've been waiting to see a game use one correctly for a long time.

I might be the only one who thinks that a tactical medic can be a great idea if it is implemented correctly. It would be great if he could throw a tourniquet on a Ghost who got shot in the arm to get them back on their feet. I think it would be a great idea for stabilizing a non-critical pt. and getting him back on his feet. Tactical medics (18 Delta) have a place on a special ops team and I've been waiting to see a game use one correctly for a long time.

And after a while u can see the touniquet and pain from the wound get to him. Cuz his arm is dying from the pressure. And when u reach your rally piont he cant be used cuz he needs medical attention

I have to admit I've never been crazy about the whole Advanced Warfighter concept to begin with. The screen is too cluttered overall, it's a mess. Bright blue diamonds everywhere.

I agree.... too much of the diamond and name on the screen, hard to see if it's a friend or not in close combat.

I have cursed Alot over that.

And after a while u can see the touniquet and pain from the wound get to him. Cuz his arm is dying from the pressure. And when u reach your rally piont he cant be used cuz he needs medical attention

Well, only if the mission is going more than four hours, which I seriously doubt is going to be the case in GRAW2, judging from the length of the missions in the first GRAW. Tourniquets don't do any significant damage to life or limb until about that point and their use for hot zone care is SOP of the military. I'd rather him feel some pressure than to totally bleed out and die on the battlefield. But who knows, by then they will probably being using QuikClot regularly and we won't have to deal with any tourniquets or Cinchtights

Edited by Kingpin

There is nothing in graphics here which impresses me, certainly not on the level of gow. I did expect something more akin to that cgi trailer 2 years ago.

There's a lot that impresses me. Sure, it lacks the style and quality of Epic's art team, but it's definitely a solid looking game. Greatly improved faces and what looks like a much more sophisticated skin shading system is a good enough jump from GRAW alone, and with those new dust effects it's definitely adequate graphically.

Also good to see they actually textured the insides of their nostrils dark; that alone almost makes it better than Gears. :rofl:

Those 2 pics look good, but they look like the pre-game trailer from GRAW. I assume that's a trailer for GRAW2, not in-game. I do see more detail and color than GRAW, less of that sepia look, which is good. The question is how SP & MP will look though.

I don't really want it to looks like GOW. A lot of white/black contrast doesn't really make it look realistic, just sharp. I doubt detail is as easy to get when using a large color palette.

Edited by Raw Kryptonite