Serellan-Creative Director GRAW2

Calgar99

It's actually Creative Director, not Creative Designer. :)

I've moved into this role on GRAW2 from my past positions on GR as Lead Designer. I focus more on developing the overal vision of the project and ensuring that vision is carried through from concept to gold master. I also focus alot on the player experience, as opposed to systems design. This means that I do a lot less "detail" work than I did as a LD, focusing more on the overal picture and how it affects Art, Engineering, and Design.

In reality, it means I spend a lot more time in meetings and talking to people, and a lot less time writing documents. :)

I've moved into this role on GRAW2 from my past positions on GR as Lead Designer. I focus more on developing the overal vision of the project and ensuring that vision is carried through from concept to gold master. I also focus alot on the player experience, as opposed to systems design. This means that I do a lot less "detail" work than I did as a LD, focusing more on the overal picture and how it affects Art, Engineering, and Design.

In reality, it means I spend a lot more time in meetings and talking to people, and a lot less time writing documents. :)

You ready to add another picture to your sig.....lil collection going on there...

I've moved into this role on GRAW2 from my past positions on GR as Lead Designer. I focus more on developing the overal vision of the project and ensuring that vision is carried through from concept to gold master.

Congrats on the "promotion" Serellan! Good to know GRAW 2 is in good hands :thumbsup:

Congrats Serellan!!! or should we call you SirAllen from now on? :)

i was just looking at your resume and you really have become the posterboy for every young, new modder who is dreaming of a career in the game industry.

Wow, that is GREAT news for Ghost Recon fans.

If you do as good of a job at being the Creative Director as you did in the areas you handled in the past this is going to launch the series to new heights.

My only concern would be potential loss in quality in such things as weapon balance and design. Your work there has really set this game appart from the competiion. I have said it before, and will say it again, this series has done an incredible job in the weapon design. Even the new Rainbow is FAR behind you guys.

My only concern would be potential loss in quality in such things as weapon balance and design. Your work there has really set this game appart from the competiion. I have said it before, and will say it again, this series has done an incredible job in the weapon design. Even the new Rainbow is FAR behind you guys.

Well I still review things like that as I did when I was a LD. Guns are still my little niche. :)

Wow, that is GREAT news for Ghost Recon fans.

If you do as good of a job at being the Creative Director as you did in the areas you handled in the past this is going to launch the series to new heights.

I could be wrong (and would be happy to be corrected,) but I don't think he's going to have a very different impact on the game than he had on Graw 360 mp or GR2. It doesn't seem like that big of a job change from my perspective; obviously he's going to be going to a few more meetings and stuff on his end, but shouldn't his influence on the final product be pretty much the same?

Wow, that's a big assumption to make. I think everyone's jobs are more involved than what you see on the surface.

Considering the implied responsibility of Creative Director, I don't think it's a 'big' assumption to say his job isn't that different from the lead role he had previously. It's not like switching from artist or programmer into management, I wouldn't think. As I said earlier, though, I don't really know for sure.

Wow, that's a big assumption to make. I think everyone's jobs are more involved than what you see on the surface.

Considering the implied responsibility of Creative Director, I don't think it's a 'big' assumption to say his job isn't that different from the lead role he had previously. It's not like switching from artist or programmer into management, I wouldn't think. As I said earlier, though, I don't really know for sure.

Well, I would imagine that the guy that had this seat in GRAW has his personality show through in the game. For example, the previous guy might have said something like "OK, I like what we all have done, let's propose to the board to make Blind Siege download content in the published version". Or perhaps he said "lets only put one supressed weapon in, we can add more supressed weapons by DLC and change the game for our fans...keeping it fresh longer".

Just some examples I puled from out of the air...but you get the picture. I am certain that more power = more ability to have the game be what HE thinks it should be.

I am just saying if this guys work (the weapons) is any indication of his overall qualty of work....thngs are looking good for GRAW 2.

Well, I would imagine that the guy that had this seat in GRAW has his personality show through in the game. For example, the previous guy might have said something like "OK, I like what we all have done, let's propose to the board to make Blind Siege download content in the published version". Or perhaps he said "lets only put one supressed weapon in, we can add more supressed weapons by DLC and change the game for our fans...keeping it fresh longer".

Just some examples I puled from out of the air...but you get the picture. I am certain that more power = more ability to have the game be what HE thinks it should be.

What I'm saying is that I'm not sure he actually really has more power. He was already a (the?) lead on GR2 and GRAW mp, if my memory serves correctly, and I don't really imagine his influence is changing that much.

Of course, I've never worked at RSE and have absolutely no idea how their company is actually structured, so this is all wild speculation.