ogr coop for sp types

TRC

I'm an SP type only player and wanted to do some firefight/recon missions to hone my skills--yeah, finally bought GRAW folks-- and thanks to Rabbi74, I'm good to go.

For those without a clue like me when it comes to coop for yourself, here's the setup.

"SURE! I don't know how new or not you are to GRAW, so forgive me if this gets TOO basic for you...

FIRST you need to have GRAW patched to v1.30 or 1.35. [GR] COOP mode wasn't available before that.

Once you've started GRAW on your PC, select 'Multiplayer' from the Main Menu. This brings up the server browser, with tabs for Local, Internet, and Favorites. The default page is Local.

At the bottom left of the server browser you'll see a button that says, "Create LAN Server" or something similar. CLICK THAT.

That will bring up the server setup screen. Near the top left of this page, you'll see the 'Mode." Click that, and from the drop-down menu select, "[GR] COOP." Directly below that you can pick your map. Change whatever other options you like form this page, or you can change through the server console in-game (I think).

Once you're satisfied, click 'Create' at the bottom center.

The game should start to load. Regardless of your internet connection, at this point no one should be able to join the game unless they're set-up on a LAN with you via Windows.

Enjoy!"

Thanks Rabbi, tried sending mesg--said your box was full or messenger turned off.

Did it help you, though?

So what does this do?? For the SP crowd? - Using [GR] Coop, does allow you to take a 4-man team on any of the missions within GRAW?? (where the other 3 soldiers are AI controlled).....does it play out like an [GR] "fire-fight" game mode?

I have wanted to buy GRAW since it came out....but its complete lack of any "fire-fight" or "terrorist hunt" mode has made me never purchase yet....

[GR] COOP is the old FireFight/Recon mode. And you're not limited to 4 players. And there's no AI friendly.

Firefight or Recon is the win condition set for the server. In firefight you have to kill all the baddies, and in recon you just have to get to the extraction alive. Of course, in this case you DON'T have to get through without losing any teammates. You just have to get one of your team into the zone for like 5 seconds, and BAM! YOU WIN!

So Firefight is the way to go, I think. You can get all the way through some of the [GR] COOP RECON missions with only 20-something kills. I think I counted a minimum kill/encounter number of 22 on the "Mayday! Mayday!" map to get through the shortest route. Out of at least 60. That means there are at least 38 enemy baddies out there who just lucked out. Well, EFF THEM! I want them dead.

Anyhow, if you're not patched up to at least v1.30 then you won't have access to this gametype. So buy the game for under $30 at BestBuy (in North America, anyhow), download the 1.35 patch for FREE, and have at it. Call it an early holiday gift for yourself...

You deserve better, but it's still pretty good for that price, and it's a lot better than BF2142!

[GR] COOP is the old FireFight/Recon mode. And you're not limited to 4 players. And there's no AI friendly.

Firefight or Recon is the win condition set for the server. In firefight you have to kill all the baddies, and in recon you just have to get to the extraction alive. Of course, in this case you DON'T have to get through without losing any teammates. You just have to get one of your team into the zone for like 5 seconds, and BAM! YOU WIN!

So Firefight is the way to go, I think. You can get all the way through some of the [GR] COOP RECON missions with only 20-something kills. I think I counted a minimum kill/encounter number of 22 on the "Mayday! Mayday!" map to get through the shortest route. Out of at least 60. That means there are at least 38 enemy baddies out there who just lucked out. Well, EFF THEM! I want them dead.

Anyhow, if you're not patched up to at least v1.30 then you won't have access to this gametype. So buy the game for under $30 at BestBuy (in North America, anyhow), download the 1.35 patch for FREE, and have at it. Call it an early holiday gift for yourself...

You deserve better, but it's still pretty good for that price, and it's a lot better than BF2142!

Ouch!....We don't have access to any "AI teammates" in [GR] COOP??? - How utterly silly. It is like rambo mode then??

GRAW completely blew it....They went the way of R6....(so sad).

Any thoughts on Armed Assault? The new version coming out early 07?? I've read good things thus far....maybe the next GR??

Ouch!....We don't have access to any "AI teammates" in [GR] COOP??? - How utterly silly. It is like rambo mode then??

Errr... it's a coop mission, i.e. the extra friendlies are supposed to be human, not AI. It was never intended to be played solo ala Rambo style but you can if you wish. What you want is more pure SP missions and though there aren't any in the game out-of-the-box outside of the campaign, I expect we'll shortly have a bunch of nice SP missions courtesy of the mod community and patch 1.35.

Errr... it's a coop mission, i.e. the extra friendlies are supposed to be human, not AI. It was never intended to be played solo ala Rambo style but you can if you wish. What you want is more pure SP missions and though there aren't any in the game out-of-the-box outside of the campaign, I expect we'll shortly have a bunch of nice SP missions courtesy of the mod community and patch 1.35.

Yes I do want more SP options (you're correct)....Mainly the old GR "firefight" mode. Which I'm trying to figure out if [GR] COOP is meant to be??.....In that [GR] COOP has to differ from COOP mode that shipped with GRAW (or why make [GR] COOP mode with a patch).

It seems it is a way to create new "firefight" missions........yet only with fellow human teammates?? (which it seems what GRAW COOP already was).....

My point being what options does [GR] COOP give the SP community that GRAW COOP already did not??

If [GR] COOP gave one the ability to make SP type missions with AI teammates that would be great (but it seems you still need either human teammates or you go sole rambo mode)....Correct?

Edited by meade95

Rabbi, yes it helped, played and enjoyed, thanks again.

Meade, I'm a lone wolf type from the Rainbow Six days, and enjoyed going alone and not bothered with ai not following orders. In setup screen you can adjust time limit for the match, 10 min is the default, kit restrictions. Nice way to practice/perfect one's skills, I'm only on mission 5 in campaign and was taking too many hits. Wanted to get better feel for enemy ai before continuing campaign. Tis a much tougher beast than original GR, more tanks, enemy helos, more gun emplacements and ai with "uber vision" even at night. It serves one to go slow and low much of the game. In time, with scipting being figured out by Wolfsong and tutorials released, SP will get some additional boost. Game had dropped in price enough for me to justify getting it now as is---the demo had really captured my interest.

Rabbi, yes it helped, played and enjoyed, thanks again.

Meade, I'm a lone wolf type from the Rainbow Six days, and enjoyed going alone and not bothered with ai not following orders. In setup screen you can adjust time limit for the match, 10 min is the default, kit restrictions. Nice way to practice/perfect one's skills, I'm only on mission 5 in campaign and was taking too many hits. Wanted to get better feel for enemy ai before continuing campaign. Tis a much tougher beast than original GR, more tanks, enemy helos, more gun emplacements and ai with "uber vision" even at night. It serves one to go slow and low much of the game. In time, with scipting being figured out by Wolfsong and tutorials released, SP will get some additional boost. Game had dropped in price enough for me to justify getting it now as is---the demo had really captured my interest.

Thanks for the reply - So do I have this right??....[GR] COOP is simply a version of "lonewolf" firefight gameplay mode (of that of the original GR)....

You cannot bring along AI Ghosts/teammates in [GR] COOP? (I simply for the life of me can't figure out why GRAW wouldn't make a fully functional "firefight" mode (with AI teammates)....that was a foundation of GR from the begining.....

Dragonlord...

Thanks for the further explanation......

And yes, in GR the "Quick-Mission > "firefight" game mode was excellent - It gave an incredible amount of replayablity......to the gazzilon maps that were put out by modders....Where you could use your unit of Ghosts to take on all kinds of missions / situations...

They also had this option in the R6 series as well (until the utterly ridiculous LockDown came out and completley ruined the R6 series for good)

That GRAW left out the "Qucikmission>Firefight" game mode just dumbfonds me.......completely destoryed the SP side of the game (which is a huge market in itself).....

Oh well....I'll wait for Armed Assault to come out and see what that is like.....

Edited by meade95

To put it in plain english for you so this dicussion can come to an end...

These are the options for SP players in GR:AW in the original game:

- Run campaign as normal, allows AI team and savegames.

- Run original missions unlocked in campaign as stand alone mission, allows AI team and savegames.

- Run original missions in MP Coop, allows AI team but NOT savegames.

- Run maps in [GR] Coop Firefight, does NOT allow AI team nor savegames (not that saves are needed).

- Run maps in [GR] Coop Recon, does NOT allow AI team nor savegames (not that saves are needed).

These are the extra options for SP players in GR:AW, needing community contents:

- Run community maps in [GR] Coop Firefight, does NOT allow AI team nor savegames (not that saves are needed).

- Run community maps in [GR] Coop Recon, does NOT allow AI team nor savegames (not that saves are needed).

- Run community maps/missions with objectives in [GR] Coop Recon, does NOT allow AI team nor savegames.

- Run community override maps/missions with objecitves in MP Coop, allows AI team but NOT savegames.

- Run community override maps/missions as stand alone mission, allows AI team and savegames.

That is it! Pick you favorite. [GR] is available because the community asked for it, but I wouldn't bet on any more patches with new contents anymore, only with fixes if really needed.

EDIT: Added Firefight and Recon on community maps.

Edited by Wolfsong

- Run original missions unlocked in campaign as stand alone mission, allows AI team and savegames.

How is that achieved? What files do you need and where do you put them etc...?

Don't have GR:AW on the computer I'm currently at... but if remember correct you enter the campaign area from the main menu. Then in there there is a choise to play any mission, and I asume it's not there until you've completed a mission.

No need to get any file or put anything anywhere. :ermm:

EDIT:

Main menu -> Campaign -> Play Mission

Edited by Wolfsong

- Run community override maps/missions as stand alone mission, allows AI team and savegames.

Wouldn't this / then be virtually the same thing as the "firefight" mode in GR?....Outside of the fact that all maps are "community" made instead of Stock maps that came out with GRAW.....

Wouldn't this / then be virtually the same thing as the "firefight" mode in GR?....Outside of the fact that all maps are "community" made instead of Stock maps that came out with GRAW.....

No. It's the same thing as the normal quick mission in GR, without tagging either "firefight" nor "recon".

As you're not using spawn points it can't be like firefight in GR. It's just a regular scripted mission with objectives. Same mission files as used with Coop, not [GR] Coop.

No. It's the same thing as the normal quick mission in GR, without tagging either "firefight" nor "recon".

As you're not using spawn points it can't be like firefight in GR. It's just a regular scripted mission with objectives. Same mission files as used with Coop, not [GR] Coop.

Gottcha! - This is excellent if this is the case.

And we start seeing plenty of *modded* missions coming out over the next several months.

Gottcha! - This is excellent if this is the case.

And we start seeing plenty of *modded* missions coming out over the next several months.

The drawback is that the list is hardcoded. So all the new missions that are made to be played in this SP mode, have to override an original mission and use it's own local folder and so on.