Ghetto Getaway (OGR)

Johnny Hazard

Ok guys I'm almost done. I have some minor issues to attend to and then I will render my little baby in a higher resolution (medium 3 pass).

It's a [GR] Co-Op map with pretty tough resistense. It's NOT a solo map! Well you can try but be prepared to die alot. The backgrund is following.

Your helitransport has been shot down by SAM's and you have crashed in the middle of a rebel infested ghetto very near a rebel base. You and your team have to fight your way thru the maze of a mexican ghetto and somehow get pass the rebel base. If you only could get airsupport, but with the rebels SAM's in the neighbourhood that seams not possible.

Here are some screenies in low res (draft 3 pass), I will provide better later.

screenshot_108.jpg

screenshot_109.jpg

screenshot_140.jpg

I've already tested it and I like it a lot! :yes:

It's quite claustrofobic and you need to cover your team when advancing since the enemy can hit you from both left and right and patroling units can flank you. You might get cornered by a tank or pinned down by a sniper and have your team mates to take them out.

Go Johnny! Go!

This is looking so good. I hope you can release it this weekend or maybe today... :)

silent_op

Thanx, well I runned into a strange bug after adding some extra props. But thats solved. It was a couple of "gate_arms" that blocked the path and shrewed my aigraph. So mapper, do check your pathing after adding props and stuff. The map didn't crash but the vehicles didn't move correctly.

I have tried to find a solution for the "second run CTD" but it didn't work (removing every group and vehicles and start up). So you can only run it once then you have to change map or use the "change_map" command to re-run it again. Very enoying.

So I might render it to night so I can release it late Saturday or early Sunday. (GMT+1).

Right now I got a more serious problem. I included three texture sets to get the right statics, but when I tried to render in medium resulution I ran out of memory. So I has been cutting it down to just two sets, I hope that will do the trick. Still have to check that I haven't missed someting, would realy hate to find any checkerboard textures after a long rendering!