Widescreen resolutions

Every time I try to Apply a widescreen resolution when in Fullscreen mode, my game crashes to desktop. I really am stumped here. :hmm:

I have a Syncmaster 20,1 " widescreen monitor with a resolution of 1680 x 1050. Now I'm being forced to play the game in 1280 x 1024, which really gives me no advantage at all with the widescreen, 'cos it just stretches it out. I liked having that little extra space on each side when in widescreen! :thumbsup:

Maybe it has something to do with me only being able to play on one of my two graphics cards because my PSU can't handle both at the same time? I'm pretty sure I've been playing in a proper widescreen mode before. (My PSU worked in SLI for about 2 weeks).

Any help is good help here, guys. Please help? :blush:

No, that I have not tried.

I forgot to say that I'm using my other graphics card for a second monitor when I don't use SLI.

I still don't see why this should be a problem though.

But anyhow, I'll be going back to the store with my comp and demanding a Silverstone 850W PSU instead of the crappy 450W I've got now. I've already replaced the PSU once, and the comp is only a bit more than half a year old. It was the same problem with the SLI then too. :blink: So I think I deserve a proper PSU without any extra cost...