Sewers

AW Shinobi

So, has anyone been using the sewers that are available in the industrial tileset yet?

I started on an industrial map today and found these cool sewers and thought, "Wow - this will be cool! Fighting on 2 levels!" Problem is, the only parts of the sewers that get placed underground, are the ones that have some kind of "above-ground" texture attached to them. The others that are made solely for being seen underground, get placed above ground when I try to put them in! Can't figure out what the problem is. Any pointers?

There's two different sewers per se. One if more of a drainage ditch that is above ground and others are actual underground sewer systems. Check out [99]-Industrial from the map downloads section of GR.net, I have both and it shows how they tie together. BTW you don't need to edit any .xml files to do this. Just the pg up and pg dwn keys to change the level you place your statics on.

Edited by [99]-Athenian

There may be a problem with sewers in that you may be able to kill someone above ground with an explosion in the sewer. I know on at least 1 MP map (I think Hollows) if you're in the tunnel and shoot a 203 at the ceiling or throw a grenade you can kill people above ground.

Edited by Cangaroo[TNT]

-Athenian' date='Oct 3 2006, 08:06 PM' post='426227']

There's two different sewers per se. One if more of a drainage ditch that is above ground and others are actual underground sewer systems. Check out [99]-Industrial from the map downloads section of GR.net, I have both and it shows how they tie together. BTW you don't need to edit any .xml files to do this. Just the pg up and pg dwn keys to change the level you place your statics on.

Thank you so much for that bit of information about the page up/down.....I haven't read the tutorials (I learn better from actually testing on my own than reading those things)...you just saved me from scraping a level I had hoped to make before.

Well, page up and page down didn't work for me either. Those sewers just won't go underground unless they already have an above ground texture attached to them, like the stairs up or the large sewer crossing.

And yes, I am using the right objects. The ones above ground are called "ind_sewer_canal_*" and the ones under ground are called "ind_sewer_*"...

Well, page up and page down didn't work for me either. Those sewers just won't go underground unless they already have an above ground texture attached to them, like the stairs up or the large sewer crossing.

And yes, I am using the right objects. The ones above ground are called "ind_sewer_canal_*" and the ones under ground are called "ind_sewer_*"...

You hit hit pg up/pg dwn before you place the static, or it may be the up/down arrow keys. You just have to adjust the height before you place the static (similar to props).