GR:AW Expansion

I've thought about this for some time now...

Some things I'd like to see:

Jungle type of objects

Different types of vehicles

More buildings of all kinds, and also enterable

More open space and larger types of maps

Different character skins, customizable and permanent kit selection

Jungle sounds

Ocean/Beach terrain with moving water/sounds, to also include rivers/stream/lakes

More terrain features, such as, but not limited to; grass, brushes, trees and other types of objects

Please feel free to add onto this list... It is a wish list, btw. ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about this for some time now...

Some things I'd like to see:

Jungle type of objects

Different types of vehicles

More buildings of all kinds, and also enterable

More open space and larger types of maps

Different character skins, customizable and permanent kit selection

Jungle sounds

Ocean/Beach terrain with moving water/sounds, to also include rivers/stream/lakes

More terrain features, such as, but not limited to; grass, brushes, trees and other types of objects

Please feel free to add onto this list... It is a wish list, btw. ;)

Actually, since some of the "bad guys" were Nicuragan (sp), it would be great to see an expansion where "Mitchell" and his team go there and do some "cleaning up"! w00t

1 Mission Scripting that the average player can do, like in Igor.

2 Jungle

3 building entry

4 Defend-Firefight single and coop

5 Weapons

6 Custom character

7 more real world locations

8 female character because it was in the art and they deserve to be represented.

9 more skins

10 and a few more cars tired of looking at the same vehicles

11 open up original Graw maps to different game types( every map playable in all game types)

12 easier kick player process

13 [GR] limp

Graw is great after patches, but still has room for improvement.

Thanks for ggs.

1 Mission Scripting that the average player can do, like in Igor.

2 Jungle

3 building entry

4 Defend-Firefight single and coop

5 Weapons

6 Custom character

7 more real world locations

8 female character because it was in the art and they deserve to be represented.

9 more skins

10 and a few more cars tired of looking at the same vehicles

11 open up original Graw maps to different game types( every map playable in all game types)

12 easier kick player process

13 [GR] limp

Graw is great after patches, but still has room for improvement.

Thanks for ggs.

Agree with this, and one add....

civilians to not-shoot.....

the blackhawk down film in a mission, realistic.

more than one setting

so no more city only settings like mexico city

where it takes place i don't care as long as there are more places to chose from in the feel of the game

maybe more different types of post effects :P

international teams unlike the all american team we have now (as in being realistic, most times the us goes out *in public* they have international support)

all TC games had international teams...... on pc that is don't know for the console

female caracters like in all other TC games

[GR] limp should come back (its just a few more animations...

maybe a lot more but it does give the feel of being more hurt than is the case now, this would / could show more punishment for weight)

more team responsability (hope it can be modded in graw at this point but would love it stock in expansion)

carrying team mates that are dead or injured, incapacitated

to the end of the mission or supply point

ingame communication using the voices from SP to call for support or detecting tango's also showing in the chat window

(to avoid abuse, only one com per 20 sec)

more weapon restrictions and options

weapons suited for enviorment, where is the use of a sniper when all targets can be taken out with the medium rifle ?

wheather, rain, snow, fog, wind and dust

a sniper ghilli suit......(when in a suitable enviorment)

flash bang ? (graw has a perfect light and sound system for those....)

a grin logo on the box... and a sticker :D

maybe a title like: ghost recon: insurgence niguragua ? GR:iN ?

may do a GR in the Netherlands (but that would be a hunt for dope)

Edited by sui317

more than one setting

so no more city only settings like mexico city

where it takes place i don't care as long as there are more places to chose from in the feel of the game

maybe more different types of post effects :P

international teams unlike the all american team we have now (as in being realistic, most times the us goes out *in public* they have international support)

all TC games had international teams...... on pc that is don't know for the console

female caracters like in all other TC games

[GR] limp should come back (its just a few more animations...

maybe a lot more but it does give the feel of being more hurt than is the case now, this would / could show more punishment for weight)

more team responsability (hope it can be modded in graw at this point but would love it stock in expansion)

carrying team mates that are dead or injured, incapacitated

to the end of the mission or supply point

ingame communication using the voices from SP to call for support or detecting tango's also showing in the chat window

(to avoid abuse, only one com per 20 sec)

more weapon restrictions and options

weapons suited for enviorment, where is the use of a sniper when all targets can be taken out with the medium rifle ?

wheather, rain, snow, fog, wind and dust

a sniper ghilli suit......(when in a suitable enviorment)

flash bang ? (graw has a perfect light and sound system for those....)

a grin logo on the box... and a sticker :D

maybe a title like: ghost recon: insurgence niguragua ? GR:iN ?

may do a GR in the Netherlands (but that would be a hunt for dope)

A text message when shooting an AI in [GR]-COOP would be nice... on the other hand it's nice to see they've ducked and shoot you when you approach, quite realistic too.... :D

#1 Stable anticheat

#2 Stable game

#3 A few more weapons... balanced though

#4 Heartbeat monitor to actually effect something

#5 Different hit areas ... injury wise... arm, head, shoulder. Each injury effecting the player a different way. (limp for leg, off aim for arm, heavy audibe breathing for chest, and unstable vision, aim issue if survived head shot. Less injury for less caliber and more distance shots as opposed to closer range

#6 different terrain... snow would be cool

#7 I know the editor allows for some weather. Random weather on map rain, sand, and such for mex... others could have ice, and snow.

#8 Night versions of some of the maps we have now availbe in every gametype.

#9 Multiple objectives in OGZR without fudging them.

#10 Muliple 4 man squads in GRAW Co-op (say 2 at least)

#11 Random map cycle

#12 Console command to allow difficulty change in OGZR

#13 Ability to download all custom maps from a server so after 1 restart you can play there all night.

I'm sure i'll think of more...

oh... and

#14 PLEASE RELEASE EXPANSION BY CHRISTMAS...

Personally, I would love to see a new map made out of the buildings from shanty town. Just copy and paste them all over the map, that would be so cool.

Getting serious now, how about a remake of MP01 through MP05. Come to think of it, remake any map from GR1. They really missed the boat in GRAW with the maps, there are some great features, but overall I just dont get the feeling on maps like I did in GR1 (for example, the farm map at night, very cool environment, almost spooky.)

Also, how about putting more environmental sounds into the game. This really added a realistic feeling to GR1, there is just about none of it in GRAW.

roco i think number 13 of your list is on purpose

...it is unhealty to play all night :P

okay i agree.... this way it takes all night :D

Not all night... just to 2 am est ...and working at 8. ;)

#15 random 4 spawn placements in TDM North, East, South, West spawn zones... that whole team randomly would spawn in. It would make for some very interesting Gameplay

#16 ability to change the match starting in 5 seconds from the console

to a greater #, so those being indecisive could pick a weapon. I would set it to 15-20 seconds. That way if 2 guys readied up also it would not fire the server and allow them in before everyone got a chance to get a weapon.

Some of these aren't new features though and may be fixed in next patch.

Personally, I would love to see a new map made out of the buildings from shanty town. Just copy and paste them all over the map, that would be so cool.

Getting serious now, how about a remake of MP01 through MP05. Come to think of it, remake any map from GR1. They really missed the boat in GRAW with the maps, there are some great features, but overall I just dont get the feeling on maps like I did in GR1 (for example, the farm map at night, very cool environment, almost spooky.)

Also, how about putting more environmental sounds into the game. This really added a realistic feeling to GR1, there is just about none of it in GRAW.

I really miss the rain and "emmersion" that was a part of [GR]. One of the many reasons I played the thing for 4+ years! I know GRiN Willie told people how easy it was to mod it in, but it was beyond my comprehension level as a normal gamer. I love the game, love the features, ect, but I do feel a little like they just made basic parts of the game, and said "we'll let the modders handle the rest." That kinda sucks:( otherwise great game!

1. A mission editor.

2. A set of binoculars. They could be skinned with the "Steiner" logo for more product placement (one for the ad-dept.)

3. A map grid coordinate system that can be used in SP/MP.

4. A more realistic approach to the fire support functions, i.e. no more point and shoot.

5. A road trip...I'm thinking rural here.

1. A mission editor.

2. A set of binoculars. They could be skinned with the "Steiner" logo for more product placement (one for the ad-dept.)

4. A more realistic approach to the fire support functions, i.e. no more point and shoot.

Set of binocs was one i forgot.... that and Grids on mini map for TVT games.

For the bino's make it take your 3rd backpack slot. Got a choice... binocs or nades.

1. A mission editor.

For the bino's make it take your 3rd backpack slot. Got a choice... binocs or nades.

Have they even slightly hinted to a expansion pack?

Thanks...

1. A mission editor.

Thanks...

Yes if i have been taking it the right way. A few of the GRin guys have answered with the santa claus smiley when answering a few questions. It may be a hint ... we'll see though.

I want to take the auto map download a step further. Make it like cod series; downlaod the map and the game autorestarts with out having to load the whole game.

Give us what RS gave the console version: Jungle maps, Beach maps, lush forrests and the ability to customize the gametypes for endless variation and options.

Give us a viable modding system. Give us the ability to activate and deactivate mods from within the game. Give us a way to script missions without all the hassle that we have to go through now. Give us random spawn points for AI and give us a way to do complex math so we can make our own ways to track kills and set up new objectives depending on the forulas like IGOR did.

Guilli suit and some undergowth to hide in...PLEASE!!!!

Fix all the jaggies and increase the draw distance from 150 to 300+ so all the sissy snipers can have some fun to.

Edited by RuTHlezz1

I say make it standard equipment, flip ya for it?

Unfortunately no, they haven't mentioned anything about an expansion, just some cryptic posts that leave you hanging.

Random Spawn Zones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( look to [GR] )

Further Draw distance

All maps available for all gametypes

All maps have night and day versions

All maps have random weather, or set by admin

Penalty for being injured more harsh, ie: limp, blurred vision

Different map enviorments. jungle, mountanous, snow.

More weapons

Custom Uniforms