Whats your favorite gun and which one is not

Retlaw

The Scar is the all around champion in my opinion. The sniper rifle is a death machine and the worse one, that I think the game would be better with out......the nade launcher. The NL is use way to much, and the damage radious is way ridiculous. I love Servers that have it disable

Ah, [30+]Retlaw, my hero! This guy is invincible!

Favorite I'd have to agree is the SCAR-L w/sight. Grip, silencer, and GL just water-down the accuracy of this superb assault rifle. Even though it's a 5.56mm, which I don't care for, it's still deadly and accurate. Quite cool.

Least favorite? Hard to say. There are none that are inherently bad in my opinion. GL's have their purpose and place, though it's rarely in MP ADV. The sniper rifle is a bad mutha, but having the one-shot-in-the-toe lethality might have been over the top for MP. In all, much as I like the weapon's accuracy, I vote MR-C. Next to nothing for knockdown power (mind you, none of this applies to EricJ's 6.8mm mod, which was a GREAT call) and lack of resuppliability on the battlefield. It's the one weapon that even Antiveros' Aguila 7 guys don't carry (you'll see them with MP5's, M99's and such out there... even SCAR-H's in some situations), so there's NO resupply on the move for them. As much ammo as one has to expend in order to kill even a wounded bunny rabbit with one, it just doesn't do the trick for me. I gave it a fair shake, and now give it a D.

My favorite is the SCAR L with silencer, scope and grip. My least favorite are all weapons with GL. Why did you change the cross hair GRiN? It doesn't make any sense and for some reason it feels way easier to aim straight with it.

An easy to use GL is a BAD GL. I never use the GL but when I do use it I can kill anyone anywhere, and that's not right :mellow:

Edited by Hockeystick

My favorite is probably Scar-H with silencer and Gl or Scar H with froegrip and silencer. I hardly use GL though just for looks. My Least Favorite is probably the MR-c because it is pretty much a useless pile of metal or plastic. I mean

even the M9 is cooler than it but the M9 is lethal in the right hands which arent mine.

Edited by Kakanater

Favorite: Scar H GL/Silenced. 7,62 mm got stopping power and that is what I need. Further, I have no secondary, but a bundle of frags. I still wonder how much good for stability less load makes, but I go for low load out (7,7 kg).

Actually I use the MR-C on occasion. Yes it really sucks in most ways, but it got little recoil and a big mag. (heck with that non-stopping power it really needs a big mag. On top of that I use it silenced, to add insult to injury. I almost only kill from ambush or some other surprise maneuver. Yes I have a GL on it, and frags too. The MR-C is my Demo outfit.

I seldom go sniper or LGM, but that is just me.

Actually I could live with the MP5 as primary with both frags and smoke, that could be a really fun outfit.

Nothing to disagree with in the above posts.

My favorite weapon has yet to make an appearance in-game, but that could be about to change, see here...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38380

and here

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39321

You've gotta love modders.

I've been doing ok in SP with the SCAR H on single shot. I run out of ammo if its on full auto. I usually take the silencer, aim point and grenade launcher.

Unlike the L model the tangos usually stay down after you shoot them in the head.

I vote MR-C, personally because oddly yes, that's why I bought the game. It has a "fitting like a tailored glove" feel to it that I couldn't shake. Course upgunning it was more or less a way to make it better than it was, as yes, the detracting factor, not much stopping power. And the ammo capacity is debatable, as the only time I busted 5 mags was "ready for bear" (damn Havocs!) but second pick would be the SCAR-L, then the M8 Carbine.

I play with the SCAR-H, always on semi-auto, no attachments, and no backup weapons exclusively... My only wish is that the thing was a bit more to scale and realistically accurate as even prone, with carefully aimed, timed, single shot fire it's less accurate then a real world 10mm SMG would be at the same ranges...

Smaller caliber weapons, full-auto, attachments, and grenades are for unskilled sissies! (kidding)

My least favorite weapon -- is any weapon turned into a ridiculous action realism fantasy parade float of attachments and accessories, which stinks as bad as far as realism, and realistic game-play is concerned as putting magical power-ups on a map.

sadeyes.gif

As I hinted on above, it would be nice to have the secondary smg:s as primaries. Something for Grin to have in mind for next patch. Really, there is no work to it except 10 minutes editing of the files, e.g. to get MP5 as an option both for primary and secondary.

Then if people are strange enough to use the MP5 as primary, well that is up to them/us. :D

both mr-c and scar H

use them in different moods

for spray and pray mood i feel the mr-c does it silenced

for good fun hunting it will be the scar-H, just silencer nothing else

for some good mid range sniping i take the mc-r no scope

on burst silenced , no one will hear the shots no one will find you

when i am not in the mood i do take GL with me, but i honnestly do not like me at those times, gls suck

no scopes eighter cause they block too much of your view and iron sights work great here :D

The two loadouts I typically use the most:

Primary:

-SCAR-H: Silencer, Grenade Launcher

-No Secondary

-Hand Grenades

Secondary:

-SCAR-L: No Attachment

-No Secondary

-Hand Grenades

And then I made two other loadouts, which I typically just dick with:

Sniper:

-Sniper Rifle

-M8 Compact

-Hand Grenades (I think)

Machine Gun:

-LMG

-Hade Grenades (sometimes smoke)

I typically stick with the SCAR-H, but I'll switch to the SCAR-L on maps like Strongpoint. I hate having the combat sight because it reduces my normal field of view (re: obstructs my view) and the zoom isn't important enough to me that I want to reduce my view that much.

The silencer I use only ont he SCAR-H because I don't like the pea-shooter effect it has when on the SCAR-L. While with the SCAR-H it's typically 2-3 bullets for a kill reguardless of where you hit them (not including head, of course).

The grenade launcher I only carry with the SCAR-H because I like the ability to send a bundle of love to someone from a distance - 'specially if I know they are behind a particular piece of cover.

Hand grenades, for me, are a must. I've had as many as 8 kills on one grenade before. Ontop of that, I like the control I have over a hand-thrown grenade (re: bouncing it around corners), particularlly when there is someone around a corner I would much rather not peek around.

Nothing to disagree with in the above posts.

My favorite weapon has yet to make an appearance in-game, but that could be about to change, see here...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38380

and here

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=39321

You've gotta love modders.

I can't wait for a weapon mod. Nothing like having a whole lot of toys to choose from :D:D

I have played with same saved set for last 4 months. Once I found my way of wpn, why change it? I just crap Scar H with GL and couple of apples. Those "scopes" are just useless, no zoom and decreased accuracy. Drawdistancelimit is closer than I can see with ironsights.

I've heard some whining about GL, but that just essential for surviving... and ###### people up.

If I pop up to server with kit restrictions, I play without GL, even I miss it time to time.

My favourite weapon is

SCAR-L + GL + Combat Sight

or

SCAR-L + Foregrip + Combat Sight

30 bullets for Scar-L makes it more effective than Scar-H, for my style of play which is suppressing the enemies before trying to take them out. The ability to pick up standard enemy magazines also make the Scar-L more useful to me.

I just wish we had black colored Scars and a M4.

Edited by buddhiraja73