Lost Mods? Found mods!

Giampi

There's really no need to ask permission to make missions for maps. All you need to do is require that the users download the maps themselves. The mission itself is your property entirely if you created it. You just can't throw the maps that aren't yours into your mod without permission. Everyone needs to keep in mind that many of these old maps aren't very "optimized" to say the least and many have numerous issues that may make mission scripting not as enjoyable as you might think. Pathing issues were a major feature of many older maps and from what I recall, maps like the Fishing Pond run like dog poo on most systems. I'm going to have to look through the few files that I have left and see if I have anything that's not here, it's a nice thing to see the old stuff popping back up for those newer to the game.

**I do have a few maps that I haven't seen listed. Where should I send them so we can get them up here?

Edited by sleeper

**I do have a few maps that I haven't seen listed. Where should I send them so we can get them up here?

Best thing is to PM me the filename(s) to start with, I may have it locally and have not had the time to add it to the new d/l system.

If I don't have it, I'll send you a login to upload it to filefront :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've still got 10MM's Map Pack 2 which includes 6 maps 1.Captain's Nest 2.DCA Tower 22 3.Dourkbi 4.Gatsuka Isle 5.La Lande 6.Rue De La Mort. :) Was beta testing this map pack a few years ago and all of the sudden he closed his web site and his e-mail address was no longer any good. No one's been in contact with him since then that I know of. :unsure: What I did was to translate some of his briefings from French to English and to put these maps together in a zip folder,since his installers were usually in French,buggy and some required a code before you could extract them. :wall: Hate to see this go to waste because he disappeared and never did finish putting everything together. :( Would there be any interest in me uploading it so Rocky can make it available in the download section for you GR diehards ???

I've still got 10MM's Map Pack 2 which includes 6 maps 1.Captain's Nest 2.DCA Tower 22 3.Dourkbi 4.Gatsuka Isle 5.La Lande 6.Rue De La Mort. :) Was beta testing this map pack a few years ago and all of the sudden he closed his web site and his e-mail address was no longer any good. No one's been in contact with him since then that I know of. :unsure: What I did was to translate some of his briefings from French to English and to put these maps together in a zip folder,since his installers were usually in French,buggy and some required a code before you could extract them. :wall: Hate to see this go to waste because he disappeared and never did finish putting everything together. :( Would there be any interest in me uploading it so Rocky can make it available in the download section for you GR diehards ???

Checked through my files. (Just downloaded the entire ghostaholic GR mods section) :shifty:

My version is French text, would be nice to have your translated version.

:thumbsup:

Checked through my files. (Just downloaded the entire ghostaholic GR mods section) :shifty:

My version is French text, would be nice to have your translated version.

:thumbsup:

I'll try to get it together and uploaded next week as I hope to have a day off from work then. Don't remember seeing these maps at Ghostaholic before. :unsure: We had some of them here before we got wiped out sometime ago. :tumbleweed:

These are the one`s i have: http://ghostaholic.com/page-id-27.html

<_<

That's Map Pack 1 and it was released twice as V1.0 and V1.1 which we have in our download section here. The maps I have were to be included in Map Pack 2 which he never finished up. I think the last map he was working on,La Lande,had some areas of ground with no sound. :unsure:

Got 10MM's Map Pack 2 uploaded last night and sent Rocky a PM just a few minutes ago and he's already getting the link together for the download section. :thumbsup: Maps are pretty cool but don't expect anything from what he has listed as missions as there nothing more than firefights with eliminate all enemy as the only objective. :( Maybe some scripter here might like them enough to create some missions worth playing for them. :unsure:

• 2 months later...