Ghost Recon.net Forums
unwritt3n

GRAW dead, im off

And makes my point that GRIN is listening and talking to us, a real rarity you have to admit. I have not have had another Development group work with us so closely, quite refreshing indeed!

i just want my game to run more than 10 minutes without a crash. for that, i'd hump wille's leg.

glad you enjoyed while it lasted!:)

I did enjoy this game alot!!! And ever since its announcement on PC I kept a close eye on it! Main thing i love to see in games, is a game that makes u feel immersed and that u are actually the player. And u guys definatly pulled it off in GRAW. I guess i might be back once another patch is out to fix everything. If not, pat urselves on the back GRIN, coz u made an awesome game! hope u guys get GR4 (with more time :thumbsup: )

GG GRIN! :rocky:

I still enjoy playing [GR] and 5yrs is no short term fix. Am i just an addict or does the playability just rock??

You know..i feel like a hungry dog being thrown a bone..sure it satisfies my hunger for a little while..but it doesnt fill me up..thats what GRAW is to me a bone..every time i get hungry theres another bone to shut me up..And you all have to remember..there a coperation..there in it for the money not for us dogs..keep throwing bones.. and the dog will run away.Its nice that willie comes with his bag of bones..Fill us up WILLIE!!!!..And this last bone was alittle stale.

You guys should listen to the people that put money in your pocket,instead of yessing us to death..But i degress..And thanks for the bones.

You know..i feel like a hungry dog being thrown a bone..sure it satisfies my hunger for a little while..but it doesnt fill me up..thats what GRAW is to me a bone..every time i get hungry theres another bone to shut me up..And you all have to remember..there a coperation..there in it for the money not for us dogs..keep throwing bones.. and the dog will run away.Its nice that willie comes with his bag of bones..Fill us up WILLIE!!!!..And this last bone was alittle stale.

You guys should listen to the people that put money in your pocket,instead of yessing us to death..But i degress..And thanks for the bones.

Heck with bones (refrencing new things) i want my Doghouse fixed (GRAW) because now it's leaking (issues with the 1.30 patch) and then I'll be mans best friend once again (stable GRAW = Happy players)

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Might want to use cat references instead of dog references. :whistle:

:lol:

...If indeed this is the way the industry is thinking and going forums like this will decline and people will leave gameing altogether.

Interesting comment...If things don't shape up, it's quite possible many of us will have to return to watching reality shows on TV after work. :blink:

The horror... GASP!!!

I still enjoy playing [GR] and 5yrs is no short term fix. Am i just an addict or does the playability just rock??

I,m right with you on that! I still am at it 5 years in. For me it is the competion and just the share grit of multiplayer that rocks. Imersion and playability are great when hooked up with a good server in a good game. I am 39 years old and it is something i look forward to playing in my spare time to relax....well lol, you know.

Edited by wildbill

unwritt3n I can understand your frustration after getting the shaft with GR2 and then getting GRAW and it not’t quite live up to the Ghost Recon title. I hope you will come back after/if they release another patch to fix the game and making it playable again.

I think we might see more players come online after Christmas when they can get PC upgrades and can run the game above 16 fps. The thing that I don't understand is the steep PC requirements for ok - good graphics, GRAW does look good except for all the jaggies that plague the game and the lighting still looks funny even after playing this long. Look at CoD2, it has fantastic graphics that will run smooth on mid level PCs thus allowing more people to run the game. Not to mention that the CoD series didn’t ship with half ass MP. Don’t get me wrong I love GRAW and will play it for sometime if they can fix all the damn bugs that we submitted during beta testing and that were fixed in the beta 3 release and somehow where still broke in the official patch release. I would also like to see the game get the [GR] play any mission in COOP, Mission or firefight and another great change would be adding a menu to enable disable mods.

On a side note I will by the next game released by Grin now that they have seen what is needed to make a hit PC game.

The thing that I don't understand is the steep PC requirements for ok - good graphics, GRAW does look good except for all the jaggies that plague the game and the lighting still looks funny even after playing this long. Look at CoD2, it has fantastic graphics that will run smooth on mid level PCs thus allowing more people to run the game. Not to mention that the CoD series didn’t ship with half ass MP.

:thumbsup:

Wait until Microsoft Vista comes out...then we will all be looking at the requirements for games as being "Vista required"! The "steep" computer requirements is a case of the Publishers , the OS makers and the computer makers/periphial makers collaberating and making sure that IF "we" want to play the games we will spend the money to upgrade.

A simple case of economics. If, consoles are what the game publishers think the future is, why not make games so ridicuosly(sp) high in equipment, so to make the "hardcore" pc gamers switch to the consoles?

I, myself, can afford to keep my computer up to date, even if it is only for the medium/high range. Not everyone can. However, if those of who can do this, keep demanding better games and have developers, like GRiN, who listen, we will get games we like/love. Though they may be few and far between. ;)

It is funny that people actually must vent that they for example don't understand things about sys.req.

Actually most of these kinds of posts aren’t about understanding or not, it is a cheap shot at the game nothing more. If the peeps actually were interested in understanding the sys. req., then the game is here to ponder and the dev's are at hand. I bet that there is no mystery about sys. req., everything got its reason (light effects are one thing of course). Heck there is even a sub forum for technical issues (I just kid you, I know that you aren’t truly interested). :whistle:

Everyone can of course post what they want here, within limits. But even I got that option too. As a review of these "I don't want to understand and I don't want to play posts" I can only state that I as a consumer of these boards are not interested in gamers posts who I don't got anything in common with coming here and (IMO) spam the board with nonsense (n.b. I do not forbid anyone to express their views). 0:)

So go on now, play your games or whatever you do. I really don't care for people who don't play this game to return and tell me that over and over again, or to put it plainly: I don't want you around. I want people around who are constructive and share their experiences and troubles with the game - may it be a though mission or tech. setups. But then again, I ask for so little from these boards, and boy do I get it from you guys. :wall:

I really don't care for people who don't play this game to return and tell me that over and over again, or to put it plainly: I don't want you around.
LOL Here we go again!

Quick...someone get a :lockd:

Edited by Cangaroo[TNT]

With games now becoming console ports, I wonder why I should upgrade? Videocard or a console? :wall:

Who wants to buy my Colecovision?

' date='Sep 25 2006, 07:42 PM' post='424091']

I really don't care for people who don't play this game to return and tell me that over and over again, or to put it plainly: I don't want you around.
LOL Here we go again!

Quick...someone get a :lockd:

No need for that I just filled some information in which some people seemed to be in dire need of. :thumbsup:

Im shelving my copy. Just coped another damn error today during the campaign:

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.30

Can't say I blame you. I've only had the retail version a very short time and I'm just now starting mission 3 and I've already had 2 PC lockups and 3 CTD's. :wall:

It is funny that people actually must vent that they for example don't understand things about sys.req.

Actually most of these kinds of posts aren’t about understanding or not, it is a cheap shot at the game nothing more. If the peeps actually were interested in understanding the sys. req., then the game is here to ponder and the dev's are at hand. I bet that there is no mystery about sys. req., everything got its reason (light effects are one thing of course). Heck there is even a sub forum for technical issues (I just kid you, I know that you aren’t truly interested). :whistle:

Everyone can of course post what they want here, within limits. But even I got that option too. As a review of these "I don't want to understand and I don't want to play posts" I can only state that I as a consumer of these boards are not interested in gamers posts who I don't got anything in common with coming here and (IMO) spam the board with nonsense (n.b. I do not forbid anyone to express their views). 0:)

So go on now, play your games or whatever you do. I really don't care for people who don't play this game to return and tell me that over and over again, or to put it plainly: I don't want you around. I want people around who are constructive and share their experiences and troubles with the game - may it be a though mission or tech. setups. But then again, I ask for so little from these boards, and boy do I get it from you guys. :wall:

Maybe if you would have read my entire post you would understand what I was trying to say. Why do we have these massive system requirements for a game that has a ton of jaggies and honestly is not as graphically appealing as other series. I still play the game and still enjoy it even with all its flaws, I was just trying to give an example of why we only see a few hundred poeple online during peak hours.

I know, I feel the same way as you do sometimes. :) Actually the post were intended for another thread with a similar heading (as you can perceive from the content of my post), nwm. It is still a noble art to be off key. :zorro: