Where are all our TOYS ?

viiiper

Why do you do this every time Grin ? You put new features in and pull out things that worked !!! It just gets worse, we get no new props but loose over 30+ items from the prop list.

I am truly getting fed up with this game and it's editor, the idea is you put new things in and leave in the old stuff, even fixing things that have a problem. There never was a problem with FIRE or SMOKE but now it's all gone, WHY ? l..... who is the master mind with this idea ?

Constantly Grin fixes items in game and in editor, then go and remove or break a function that worked perfectly, I truly hope when you hot fix the Server disconnect problem and the Grenade & GL (grenade launcher) crashing the game fault, that you reintroduce all the items (less the ramerez husk) . FIRE & SMORE gave the game a little atmosphere which it well needed seeing you totally left out weather effects ( wind/rain/fog/mist etc) because they don't happen in Mexico ?? (yes I'm a bit mad)

p.s. Are you going to fix the GL and Frag Grenades? or remove them because they are now broke ? (causing client crashes). In future when you also make a patch, can you add to your "patch notes" all the things you remove !!! aswell as all the things you add !!

MIA ( missing in action)

All RED arrows indicate items no longer available after 1.30 (but were there at 1.21)

1a.jpg,3a.jpg,4a.jpg

11a.jpg,13a.jpg

Ouch, how frustrating :(

I hope GRIN continue with their support for modders and address the points made above.

I hope so Too Rocky, I've been with Grin all the way and it's not the first time they have done this sort of thing, but this time they have removed so many elements that even I am a bit disappointed. All they needed to do was fix the problems not remove them. An analogy:- You buy a new car and it has a problem, the wheels squeak, you take it to the auto shop and leave it with them to repair. They fix the problem by removing the wheels !! There you are Sir all done... Yes it's a bit of a harsh analogy but very true.

I will have to load up the 1.30 beta to see if this was like this then. Just curious if it was something we could have caught be release.

Problem was, every little thing could not be checked in the BETA 1.30. I did use the editor and made a test map but if they had been removed at that point, I had not noticed just like the other 200+ beta testers. To add to the fact that Grin never posted "patch notes" and if they would have, they omitted out the features they removed. It is only in using the game after release that these things have transpired, like the GL & Frag grenade at close range crashing the game, the blue & yellow walls in the Strongpoint Domination map etc.... I truly hope Grin post a reply in there reasoning to REMOVE and not REPAIR the items that were troublesome and why they removed props that had no problems at all !

best regards

viii

It reminds me of somehting that was changed in a [GR] patch that renedered all previous fan made missions extremely frustrating due to the bug that came to be known as "the shadow men", and the cry across countless comms channels "don't shoot the shadow men!".

Patches breaking mods is bad. :( Obviously it's unreasonable to expect dev team to spent infinite resources checking that all fan made mods are compatible with updates, but when data is removed to the extent above, it is very frustrating.

I haven't seen too many Grin boys around these parts lately. Just taking a vacation? Am I not looking? We aren't forsaken are we? :unsure:

True, there were between 6 and 12 online whenever I looked last week. Perhaps they are taking a break after MP3, but not announcing it because of the flak they would undoubtably take from some quarters.

it's 11.40 pm in europe so they are sleeping to get to work fresh tomorrow morning to spend all the day here on gr.net figuring out what to answere, where to post and what smart remarks to make, and do some essential patching on the side

or they will work their ass of, now checking the forum un registered because they fear the PM's about this one

*sorry guys, just playing with the thoughts in my mind*

grin evert was online this afternoon..... <--- this is the edit

Edited by sui317

Problem was, every little thing could not be checked in the BETA 1.30. I did use the editor and made a test map but if they had been removed at that point, I had not noticed just like the other 200+ beta testers. To add to the fact that Grin never posted "patch notes" and if they would have, they omitted out the features they removed. It is only in using the game after release that these things have transpired, like the GL & Frag grenade at close range crashing the game, the blue & yellow walls in the Strongpoint Domination map etc.... I truly hope Grin post a reply in there reasoning to REMOVE and not REPAIR the items that were troublesome and why they removed props that had no problems at all !

best regards

viii

I understand that but you and i both know that not many of those 200 testers even opened the editor. Thats besides the point really, what i was getting at was if i can show that it was like this in 1.30 beta maybe it would narrow down for Grin what the problem is. I have a feeling it was a mistake from when they took out the remirez husk but thats just a guess. I am 100% sure this was not on purpose.

best regards

viii

I understand that but you and i both know that not many of those 200 testers even opened the editor. Thats besides the point really, what i was getting at was if i can show that it was like this in 1.30 beta maybe it would narrow down for Grin what the problem is. I have a feeling it was a mistake from when they took out the remirez husk but thats just a guess. I am 100% sure this was not on purpose.

I thought the editor was ugly and non user freindly.

I tried to make a few missions, but struggle to do much more.

A new patch would be good, sitting and watching posts. Very hard to keep up with all the patches, when so many bugs remain, start to loose the fun and interest, but hope someone pulls something out the bag! PW :shifty:

Tinker

I have only ever used one Map Maker and Editor program that was easy to understand and use right from the box and that was in Mechwarrior 4. The rest were something I felt I had to have a college degree in order to use it.

Maybe thats a good thing because then only someone whos very serious about making quality maps and missions will bother learning.

Edited by Fletch

I have only ever used one Map Maker and Editor program that was easy to understand and use right from the box and that was in Mechwarrior 4. The rest were something I felt I had to have a college degree in order to use it.

Maybe thats a good thing because then only someone whos very serious about making quality maps and missions will bother learning.

I am that person, see the challenge and agree.

Look forward to seeing someones work.

Tinker

Edit. Have tried a few editors now, and i don`t think it is real issue as the AI we have to control here are, or have, issues of there own.

Look around a corner, see tango, he just looks at me, don`t think he can see me, i move close, i kill him.

Same map, same spot, half get to peek, 1 in the head i am dead?

Huh>? Maybe 100Meter range.

:pirate:

Holy crap, another MW player! MW4/MW4 Mercs had some rather intuitive and easy to learn editors, but the easiest to learn was MechCommander Gold (and to a lesser extent MechCommander 2). Those were by far the easiest editors to use. However, I think GRAWs editor is actually fairly easy to use for the most part. Doom 3 had a really nice editor too.

RVS had a nice map editor i thought. it's the only one i ever actually finished making a map on. you made everything and just textured it instead of using premad objects and brushes. you could add custom textures easily and there was really no need for an external app like 3dsm.

i loaded up the GRAW map editor for like an hour and decided "nope- not for me"

I feel Fire and smoke may have been removed for frame rate, but that is a lame reason if true, I know I asked for Rameraiz husk to be fixed or removed and Grin did it, so that is one explained. The Fires & Smokes are my real worries as they worked fine, I mean if I could edit something to add new/ old props back to the editor I would and be done with grins tinkering... but I don't know how to edit the prop/ static etc etc lists...

I know they are changeable because selecting different set themes alter the sets, may be someone made an error.

viii

I haven't seen too many Grin boys around these parts lately. Just taking a vacation? Am I not looking? We aren't forsaken are we? :unsure:

"Game over man! Game over!! What the ###### are we gonna do NOW?? What the ###### are we gonna do??"

We are going to give up hope is what we are going to do.

There aren't going to be any more patches and we may as well get used to it.

GRAW's a big ##### sandwich and we're all gonna take a bite.

"Game over man! Game over!! What the ###### are we gonna do NOW?? What the ###### are we gonna do??"

We are going to give up hope is what we are going to do.

There aren't going to be any more patches and we may as well get used to it.

GRAW's a big ##### sandwich and we're all gonna take a bite.

LMAO....

ok!?

we are not "afraid" of the pms about "this one" because there simply isnt an issue, the things that has been "removed" from the editor list is simply things that were never meant to be on there in the first place, stuff thats not meant to placed straight in the editor but spawned through other units, for example all of the f15 stuff is animations spawned by compositions and are not meant to be plotted out in the editor as they would play their animations and then disapear before you even would have a chance to see them unless you placed them in a composition.Other things has gone "invisible" due to the new layers that has been unlocked in the editor.

So all the things that are now missing are gonna stay gone? Or is it just certain items that were never meant to be there and the others are coming back? Sorry...maybe this is in your answer but its a bit hard to understand.

Something like this should have been in the release notes. That way there is no misunderstanding like there is now.

Edited by }PW{ Postal

we are not "afraid" of the pms about "this one" because there simply isnt an issue, the things that has been "removed" from the editor list is simply things that were never meant to be on there in the first place, stuff thats not meant to placed straight in the editor but spawned through other units, for example all of the f15 stuff is animations spawned by compositions and are not meant to be plotted out in the editor as they would play their animations and then disapear before you even would have a chance to see them unless you placed them in a composition.Other things has gone "invisible" due to the new layers that has been unlocked in the editor.

Oh.

If that is the case.. never mind! Heck... I can't even figure out how to use the editor... so I will just shut my mouth.

:P