GRAW-OGR Coop map "Blackhawk down"

Evilducky

Enos I dont know about that one. Sorry man.

"Heavy Resistance" seems to have the same problem.

KNOWN ISSUES :

1. For some reason map will crash if played more than once in a row ???.

As long as you rotate the map to another after every game there does not seem to be any issues with CTD.

"Hall of Mirrors" don't (as far as I could tell playing it yesterday)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the internal name of this map is my_level, for those with conflicks look for another map with that name and choose between the two.

awh ok, will uninstall black hawk down, install fierce resistance and try again....

Modders please make unique names for maps so we can have them all! :D

Maby this can give a clue to the CTD when running map twice?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this map, Evilducky. Tactical Gamer is now running Black Hawk Down in our [GR] Coop server rotation. We look forward to the next update!

Do you guys experience any crashes when you set the map rotation for more than 1 round?

silent_op

Thanks for this map, Evilducky. Tactical Gamer is now running Black Hawk Down in our [GR] Coop server rotation. We look forward to the next update!

Thanks. The next update will come up with the fix to this map, a day verson of this map and a new map all together. Thats why it is taking so long to update it. :P

Do you guys experience any crashes when you set the map rotation for more than 1 round?

silent_op

Yes, I did last night while setting the map up in our server rotation. We're running only one round per map now to avoid this problem, which is fine.

Thanks. The next update will come up with the fix to this map, a day verson of this map and a new map all together. Thats why it is taking so long to update it. :P

Until you're ready with the next release, we'll enjoy the current version. Nice work!

EDIT: And just FYI, we're always looking for new [GR] Coop maps, so please keep them coming. This is the style of play that we at Tactical Gamer prefer.

Edited by Strag

Strag, out of curiousity...

When you set your server to one round map cycles, can you still use the change_map command?

When I tested the blackhawk down map, I set the rounds to 1. I then played without any crashes. Then I attempted to change_map to road rage firefight, instead the Mayday! Mayday! map loaded. When I changed the rounds back to 4, then I was able to change_map without the strange mix up.

silent_op

silent_op

As mentioned above in this thread, "Black Hawk Down" CTD if set to rotate more than once. Same for the map "Heavy Resistance".

It might have to do with that the internal map name is "My_Level".

"Hall of Mirrors" don't seem to have this problem. Personally I haven't checked HoM's internal name but if some one would check it and it's internal name other than "My_Level" then we've probably found the solution.

how do you check to see the internal map name? because I have looked all over my BHD map and dont see anywhere that says "my_level"....

Since I do not mod myself i have no clue what so ever :(

I've sent a PM to BOTA:X who came up with this idea, asked him to join us in this thread about this problem.

I'm not a map maker, so I don't know the best way to change the internal file name once the map is created.

I will let you in on how to check the internal name of a map once it has been bundled, which can help with finding name conflicts. All you do to accomplish that is open the bundle in TextPad and search for level_name="

My internal name for the map is blackhawk_down. its not my_level, so there is another problem.

OK Cool I'd love to check it out again. Don't know if I still have it b/c I thought it was conflicting with Heavy_Resistance.bundle which IS named my_level....

Strag, out of curiousity...

When you set your server to one round map cycles, can you still use the change_map command?

When I tested the blackhawk down map, I set the rounds to 1. I then played without any crashes. Then I attempted to change_map to road rage firefight, instead the Mayday! Mayday! map loaded. When I changed the rounds back to 4, then I was able to change_map without the strange mix up.

Yeah, I was a little confused when this happened. It seems that when the server is set to one round per map and you use the /change_map command, the next map in rotation is actually loaded. The solution is simply to /change_map to the previous map in the rotation, and then the actual desired map will load. Use the /maps command to see your list of maps; if your desired map is #n, then use /change_map #n-1 to load it. (Of course, if the map you want is #1 in a five-map rotation, you'd choose #5 to load #1, but you get the idea.) :)

I hope this helps.

Edited by Strag

Thanks Strag. I'll try that out. I think this round about way of using the change_map command is more bug than feature. Oh well, at least now I know how to get around it.

Blackhawk Down, Heavy Resistance, and Now Way Out will soon be loaded onto the Phoenix Soldiers' server.

Although, I really wish someone at GRIN would please tell us how to create [GR] COOP maps with the large Tactical Map functional in game.

silent_op

...I think this round about way of using the change_map command is more bug than feature....

Although, I really wish someone at GRIN would please tell us how to create [GR] COOP maps with the large Tactical Map functional in game.

Agreed to both.

By the way, have you had luck getting Heavy Resistance and Blackhawk Down running at the same time on your server? I get conflicts when I try this.

Yeah, I was a little confused when this happened. It seems that when the server is set to one round per map and you use the /change_map command, the next map in rotation is actually loaded. The solution is simply to /change_map to the previous map in the rotation, and then the actual desired map will load. Use the /maps command to see your list of maps; if your desired map is #n, then use /change_map #n-1 to load it. (Of course, if the map you want is #1 in a five-map rotation, you'd choose #5 to load #1, but you get the idea.) :)

I hope this helps.

I thought the numbers corresponded to the /map_cycle command? The cycle can be edited with the /add_map and /delete_map commands if thats the case.

Remember: /maps lists ALL maps available, and /map_cycle lists all maps in current rotation.

Edited by BOTA:X

Question for you guys. Are you going from my map (blackhawk down) to his man (heavy resistance)? because his level folder name is "my_level" and because thats the generic level name that could be causing the crash.

I now have a map running between Blackhawk Down and Heavy Resistance, and things seem to be working fine. Maybe this is a viable fix.

I realy wonder if the problem is conflicting maps. I have the same problems with my own map in making. If I run i twice in arow or reload it, the one runing host CTD. But it hasn't been like that all the time, it begun after some versions when the scripts grown to a considerly size.

But I will try and clean up my custom_level dir to see if something else is disturbing my map.

Edit:

Nah, it didn't help! Even with a clean directory with only my own map, the game CTD if runned twice or restarted with restart_match. Reload command works thou.

But it could be just my map, haven't tried it with any other custom map yet. I'll get back to you.

Edit2: Well tried the same with just BHD as the only custom map and it crashes with no errors in the crashlog. Darn strange this is!

Edited by Johnny Hazard

I dont know whats wrong with it.

But FAYI: I will have a patch for this map coming soon, which fixes the 2 tanks and the firefight enemy count and the patrols of the guys. It will be part of a map pack and will have the fix for this map, a day verson, and a new map with 2 versons of it as well. A heavy verson for higher end servers and machines, and a lite verson of it for the lower end machines. The heavy one has extra stuff and a few extra vehicles to fight, and the lite verson takes out the extra stuff, and some of the extra vehicles to fight (the extra vehciles beign 3 helis that casue alittle lag). Soo keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for playing the map to all of you.

-ducky-

I dont know whats wrong with it.

But FAYI: I will have a patch for this map coming soon, which fixes the 2 tanks and the firefight enemy count and the patrols of the guys. It will be part of a map pack and will have the fix for this map, a day verson, and a new map with 2 versons of it as well. A heavy verson for higher end servers and machines, and a lite verson of it for the lower end machines. The heavy one has extra stuff and a few extra vehicles to fight, and the lite verson takes out the extra stuff, and some of the extra vehicles to fight (the extra vehciles beign 3 helis that casue alittle lag). Soo keep an eye out for it.

Thanks for playing the map to all of you.

-ducky-

Kool Bro,

We're waiting bring it on WM-Bugsplatter<><